ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Rocky Johnson signs with the WWE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Post Rocky Johnson signs with the WWE

"Although he won’t officially start until mid-January, the newest addition to World Wrestling Entertainment’s talent development staff, Rocky Johnson, attended Armageddon on Sunday night.

Johnson, who said he recently signed a "lengthy contract" with WWE, lives in nearby Davie, and stopped by to visit old friends and watch the show.

Johnson will be spending two weeks a month at Ohio Valley Wrestling, WWE’s training center in Louisville, Ky. The other two weeks, he will travel to WWE events and work with the younger Superstars before the show. Johnson said his first day at OVW will be Jan. 14.

"There’s a lot of good young talent down there that just needs to be seasoned," Johnson said. "They’ve just got to learn the dos and don’ts - why they’re doing this and why they’re doing that. To make it short, they all know wrestling, but they need psychology. This business is like reading a book."

"I’m just happy to be working with WWE. I’ve been in this business all my life. I never left it. I’m really looking forward to starting the next year off with it."

Johnson is no stranger to the ring, or to training. He wrestled all around the world, in virtually every territory that was active in the 1970s. He also spent considerable time in WWE into the 1980s, winning the WWE Tag Team Championship with Tony Atlas. They were the first African-American duo to win those titles.

More recently, Johnson has been running the WWE SmackDown! Wrestling Academy in Davie.

Johnson’s star pupil, of course, is his own son, Dwayne, better known as The Rock."
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

What the......

Man, that's just weird. I never knew Rocky Johnson was any good at developing talent, but I suppose he could be an asset. Personally, I don't think he was ever really a good wrestler. All he managed to hold was a tag title with Tony Atlas. Nonetheless, if WWE feels he can scout for and has an eye for talent, then he must.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

I have never even heard of this guy before today...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally posted by T-MAC
I have never even heard of this guy before today...

LOL. Are you sure? They used to mention him all the time when The Rock first debuted as "Rocky Maivia" in 1996. Rocky Johnson even did a run-in at Wrestlemania 13 to save his son from a beating from Rikishi and The Iron Shiek.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I hope he picks a nickname. or it's gonna be confusing as Hell.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Yo, is this guy the Rock's brother or son?
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Yo, is this guy the Rock's brother or son?

LOL. No dude, Rocky Johnson is The Rock's father, who was also a wrestler in the late 70's-early 80's. He won the WWF tag titles with Tony Atlas in 1982 from The Wild Samoans, I believe.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by DIX-MAC
LOL. No dude, Rocky Johnson is The Rock's father, who was also a wrestler in the late 70's-early 80's. He won the WWF tag titles with Tony Atlas in 1982 from The Wild Samoans, I believe.
lol o fuck!! how old is this guy?
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
lol o fuck!! how old is this guy?

I'm not TOO sure, but I'd estimate his age is somewhere in his mid-to late '50's.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.
Default Re: Rocky Johnson signs with the WWE

Quote:

"Although he won’t officially start until mid-January, the newest addition to World Wrestling Entertainment’s talent development staff, Rocky Johnson, attended Armageddon on Sunday night.

Johnson, who said he recently signed a "lengthy contract" with WWE, lives in nearby Davie, and stopped by to visit old friends and watch the show.

Johnson will be spending two weeks a month at Ohio Valley Wrestling, WWE’s training center in Louisville, Ky. The other two weeks, he will travel to WWE events and work with the younger Superstars before the show. Johnson said his first day at OVW will be Jan. 14.

"There’s a lot of good young talent down there that just needs to be seasoned," Johnson said. "They’ve just got to learn the dos and don’ts - why they’re doing this and why they’re doing that. To make it short, they all know wrestling, but they need psychology. This business is like reading a book."

"I’m just happy to be working with WWE. I’ve been in this business all my life. I never left it. I’m really looking forward to starting the next year off with it."

Johnson is no stranger to the ring, or to training. He wrestled all around the world, in virtually every territory that was active in the 1970s. He also spent considerable time in WWE into the 1980s, winning the WWE Tag Team Championship with Tony Atlas. They were the first African-American duo to win those titles.

More recently, Johnson has been running the WWE SmackDown! Wrestling Academy in Davie.

Johnson’s star pupil, of course, is his own son, Dwayne, better known as The Rock."
This means that The Rock and Rocky Johnson will probably have a father vs son storyline just like Ric vs David Flair was in the wCw.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

Default Re: Re: Rocky Johnson signs with the WWE

Quote:
Originally posted by BOSTON
This means that The Rock and Rocky Johnson will probably have a father vs son storyline just like Ric vs David Flair was in the wCw.

If that is gonna happen, it's gonna be after The Rock turns heel, and wants to quit wrestling for good to stay in Hollywood full-time. Rocky Johnson will try to talk his son out of it, telling him that wrestling is in his blood and he "didn't raise his son to be a quitter." A feud will start and The Rock will be beating the shit out of his own father every single Monday. LOL. Gotta love wrestling.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 07:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by DIX-MAC
I'm not TOO sure, but I'd estimate his age is somewhere in his mid-to late '50's.
WTF...is this guy gonna wrestle or will he be more of a mouth piece?
Old 17 Dec 2002, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

This is ridiculous. Rocky Johnson should just stay out his sons way and retire, Johnson had his time and its gone. First Hogan and now Johnson, soon Macho Man might come back, before we know it we'll be seeing the Ultimate Warrior and thats when i feel like a kid a again. All these good wrestlers should just stop and pass on the torch to the younger generation.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2002, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
WTF...is this guy gonna wrestle or will he be more of a mouth piece?

He's in the Talent Development Staff. Which means it's his job to scout and analyze indy talent, as well as work with talent in OVW and the other farm leagues, until they're ready to become WWE superstars. However, I'm sure if WWE gets desperate, they'll find a way to write him into the storylines sometime too.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sly as hell
This is ridiculous. Rocky Johnson should just stay out his sons way and retire, Johnson had his time and its gone. First Hogan and now Johnson, soon Macho Man might come back, before we know it we'll be seeing the Ultimate Warrior and thats when i feel like a kid a again. All these good wrestlers should just stop and pass on the torch to the younger generation.

Dude, he's not gonna wrestle. He's on the DEVELOPMENT STAFF. He'll be doing the same thing as Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, Sgt. Slaughter, Michael Hayes, Tony Garea, Tom Pritchard, Dean Malenko, Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson and Paul Heyman. He just organizes the talent. He's not gonna BECOME a talent.