ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Looks official....Austin to return in 2003

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2002, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
3 Minute Man

The Real Deal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Real Deal
Default Looks official....Austin to return in 2003

Report: Austin will return in 2003
tsn.ca Staff

12/12/2002

Stone Cold Steve Austin will be back in World Wrestling Entertainment next year.

In a behind-the-scenes article about the production of Smackdown! at Phillips Arena, WWE owner and chairman Vince McMahon told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the Rattlesnake would return in 2003.

"We've always been able to make stars, but it takes a while," McMahon told the paper. "You can't just snap your fingers and replace an Austin or a Rock." Both will return to WWE next year, he added.

No other details were revealed in the article.

Austin - one of wrestling's most recognized and celebrated personalities - walked out on World Wrestling Entertainment last spring. No reasons or details were ever given for his departure.

Austin, whose real name is Steve Williams, was also sentenced last month to one year deferred adjudication and a $1,000 fine, and ordered him to attend family violence counseling courses and perform eighty hours of community service, after pleading no contest to charges that he hit his wife Debra last June.

Williams was quoted by a local radio station that he was very happy to be able to move on and put this behind him.

I really don't want to see him back. His in ring style was weak, and his redneck, beer guzzling, finger wavin gimmick was getting kind of stale. I say you build up the younger talents and create new legends, instead of putting Austin back in the main event scene, and keeping the younger guys down.

Wrestling Fan Forum- Tell 'em The Real Deal sent ya!
The Real Deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Im sure the stock holders are going to be happy

They have to change that style for Austin. Why? because of the terms of his probation he has to stop drinking...Going to take time to rebuild another image for him that is why he is going into the next year...

You notice all they are saying is next year. Because new images will take time.
Old 14 Dec 2002, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
3 Minute Man

Aw fuck, I just realilzed that if Austin comes back we'll have to keep hearing 'What?'....'What?'.....'What?'

Old 14 Dec 2002, 01:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Loves the ladies...

underburn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to underburn Send a message via Yahoo to underburn

IIf he comes back he cant come back with his beer gimmiick, hes on probation and is not alowed alchohol
underburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default What What What

won't be in the gimmick...Just like Vince said it takes time to rebuild a star....With Mania in March it will be cutting the time frame to even have it all and up and going by that
Old 14 Dec 2002, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

the beer gimmick was his, and it would suck if he didn't have it!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default We'll have to live with it

Well the court has put an end to that. He darn sure wouldn't be on national TV with beer that would kill his probation and probably the end of his carrear...
Old 14 Dec 2002, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

yeah, but god it'l be strange to see him without the old post beer brewskie! oh well, sunrise, sunset!

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

It will be cool to have Austin back in the WWE but it won't be the same Austin and that is a let down in its self.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 03:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

Hell Yeah , the biggest star in WWF/WWE is back and in big fashion !
He is deserving so, the current WWE main event scene is missing big stars and particulary big FACES to be build around .
Austin will fit the job perfectly .
Old 14 Dec 2002, 03:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Im surprised that none of you are bashing Austin, i guess you guy's dont care that he ran home with his ball like a fucking selfish SOB. I figured that he would have to win the fan's back but it seems like you guy's are already sucking his nuts
Old 14 Dec 2002, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally posted by T-MAC
Im surprised that none of you are bashing Austin, i guess you guy's dont care that he ran home with his ball like a fucking selfish SOB. I figured that he would have to win the fan's back but it seems like you guy's are already sucking his nuts
I aint sucking his balls. On another thread i said i didn't want him back, but if can have my own way, i'll tell him to fuck off, but i can't. So if he is coming back i'll just have to accept it, but it just won't be the same Austin if he returns.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 10:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

At the end of 12 months without beer he should turn up to the first show after its finished and spend the entire RAW episode sitting with old JR and the king getting pissed off his skull and interfering with every match. (ahhh) then and only then will I recognise that the bionic redneck was back. Now pass me that damn beer women

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2002, 02:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
3 Minute Man

Quote:
Originally posted by T-MAC
I don't think he deserves to be bashed, as he did do a lot for the WWF in the mid/late 90's. But I definately agree with what you are saying about him 'walking out' on the WWE because he didn't agree with what was going on. Purely egotistical, no question about it.

Old 20 Dec 2002, 01:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
I GOT RAPED BY DADDY

bookerfan17 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bookerfan17

And let's not forget that piece of shit hit debra......... but if your an austin fan i guess its ok 2 beat ur wife/cousin