ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

What's happened to the tag teams?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Dec 2002, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to ILove Christian
Default Re: What's happened to the tag teams?

Quote:
Originally posted by mighty_mutt
What has happened to the tag team division? Not long ago we had the Dudleyz, Edge and Christian, the Hardy's, and the Acolytes. Even T&A were a decent team.

Storm and Regal have no appeal, the Dudleyz look rusty, Christian and Jericho look uneasy together, and Booker T and Goldust just don't fit.

Seems to me like all the great tag teams complemented each other or matched (Hart Foundation, Legion of Doom, Rockers, Harlem Heat) and now they just take 2 singles wrestlers and throw them together.

What do you all think?
I never thought of that before.But now that I do, I couldn't disagree with you more, I'm enjoying the tag team division right now, so I'm not going to complain.

I think they're just trying to establish some new teams right now, and that's fine, I think they're all fine, Lance and William are just boring right now. Booker T and Goldust are great storyline wise, and I think Christian and Jericho are perfect together,ok maybe just because they've been my two favorite wrestlers for like two years, but still, they're hilarious, and I think they both wrestle great together. I am thoroughly satisfied with the tag teams right now
Old 11 Dec 2002, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Ya I think the tag divison sucks. On raw they put together some poitless teams. Like Y2J and Christain. And on Smackdown they waste wrestlers like Angle, and beniot on tag teams when they shouldn't. I like Booker-T and Gold Dust though. I think they are great together and I wish they would be tag team champs.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 04:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump
On raw they put together some poitless teams. Like Y2J and Christain.

Pointless. in what way?
Old 11 Dec 2002, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilove Christian
Pointless. in what way?
Because they don't seem to gel right. I like both wrestlers as singles wrestlers. But they don't go well as a team.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump
Because they don't seem to gel right. I like both wrestlers as singles wrestlers. But they don't go well as a team.

REALLY?

I havn't noticed anything wrong with them as far as wrestling, and I think they're hilarious in storyline
Maybe they don't work well together, it was nothing I noticed. It's probably just because I'm so happy to have my faves as a team I am too scared to analize it. I love Christian and Jericho being together. I'm not judging your opinion or anything, it just suprized me is all.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

I m kinda nostalgic of the great era of tag team wrestling in the WWF, from mid 80's to the star of the 90's .
At that time u ve got so many great combos like The British Bulldogs, The Strike Force, The Road Warriors, Demolition, The Hart Foundation, The Rockers...
The tag division was really exciting and the tag belt meant really something at that time .
Now, the tag division is dead and for real .
All you have is singles wrestler putted together to fill the card like Jericho and Christian, Booker T and Goldust or Angle and Benoit...

Yeah really it s sad
Old 11 Dec 2002, 09:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
-Girl X-

Twisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster everTwisted Angel is the absolute WORST poster ever

Steph McMahon said Billy and Chuck were the best tag team in WWE history, one or two weeks later they break up...

fucking hypocrite.

Thanks for the very awesome banner KK!
Twisted Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2002, 11:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

well it's a lot bette than it was a year ago. Billy and Chuck were the only tag team in the whole freakin wwe and the title belts were on the other show The division is close to being as good as the last glory days. Goldust and Booker are a great team and it's not holding back there single careers any. Same thing for Angle and Benoit. Storm and Regal......

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2002, 12:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

The Tag team division is back on track.And it might not be the best,But it's better than it was a month ago.And could build some great story lines.

I mean the possibility of Booker turning on Goldust,Is great suspense.And it might give goldy a good push as a face,I mean like him or not he's a good talent,And has a following ?(Ask Kam).And i'll love to see Booker a heel with the angry Black man gimmick (And it wont be as lame,As that disgrace K Kwik has in nwa).It'd could be a good thing for the both of them,And Goldy can draw something out of a crowd (Remember he was once the most controversial heel in the business about 6 years ago)

And Jericho And Christian need to break up anyway.Jericho needs to be in the world title race.Simple as that.

Regal And Storm are great together im my opinion.

Dudleys,It could be argued they're the best tag team ever.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 07:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

i like jerico ingnoring christian all the time, its funny i think a long run for these 2 would be great for the division

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2002, 01:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

Angle/Beniot rule

Dudleyz will always be a great team

Los Gurreros remind me of the tag teams of old with a new age twist.

Edge/Rey really compliment each other really well, even though i didn't think they would at first

Booker T/Goldust always make me laugh my ass off, and they work well together

Storm/Regal could be a good old school type team but they need work. also taking Storm out of those short tights would help

Jericho/Christain could be tremndious, but i think that they will never live up to the legacy that Edge and Christain had in the eyes of the fans

other ideas from my mind.

Batustia/Orton could be a huge team once Orton returns. You have the power of Batustia and the speed of Orton.

I wish they wouldn't have broken up Strom and Christain. they rocked

put Chuck and Sean O'Hare back together. they were great and work very well together.

Put any combination of Johnny "The Bull", Raven, and Tommy Dreamer together. they could be a sadistic team and bring back dark stoylines and high impact hardcore matches back to the tag division.

take Kane and Jeff Hardy out of tag teams. they have had sucess but give them a break. just because they have had tag sucess before doesn't mean every team they are a part of will work.

In closing

the tag divison is back on track to become what it used to be. look out for a big tag spark in 2003.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2002, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by Devils_Playgirl
Steph McMahon said Billy and Chuck were the best tag team in WWE history, one or two weeks later they break up...

fucking hypocrite.

Ummm.... that's not hypocritical