ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Paul Heyman interview on Off The Record

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2002, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able
Default Paul Heyman interview on Off The Record

Hey, I just got done watching OTR on TSN here in Canada, and today's guest was Paul Heyman. It was one of the most insightful interviews I've ever heard with any wrestling personality. Here's the jist of all the bases they covered.

-Steve Austin left for numerous reasons. He quit because he was unhappy with his character, unhappy with how they were using Debra, unhappy with the nWo, etc.

-Paul said that the only two people in the whole world who really knew what happened on the Austin situation are Austin himself and Vince McMahon. Paul has stated that he never had any problems with Steve, but he truly doesn't know who Austin was angry at. He just feels that after 4 years, the WWE felt Austin's character was getting stale, and they wanted to freshen him up a bit, which pissed Austin off.

-Has said that Vince McMahon is a very confrontational person. He loves a good confrontation, and it angered him more than anything that Austin left without even giving him an "F you" to his face.

-Has said that the fans hate The Rock nowadays because they no longer see him as "one of the boys" and feel he "sold out" to Hollywood. Paul feels that The Rock would make a great heel if he came out and talked down to the fans, and said things like "The Rock only has a little bit of time for you wrestling fans, but then I've got to go make another movie."

-Has credited ECW fans as being the most loyal and passionate fans the wrestling buisness has ever seen.

-Has revealed how the booking process is done. Vince McMahon is the HEAD writer, who has final say in anything and everything. Then there are several other writers and bookers, who brainstorm ideas and put them together. It's Paul's job (on Smackdown) to coordinate all the ideas and pitch them to Vince. Vince then either approves or dissapproves of the ideas. Paul has said that Vince is a reasonable person, and even if he hates something, he can be convinced otherwise. Paul said that Vince loves his company, and is dedicated to giving the fans what they want, even if its' at his expense. Vince doesn't hold grudges, and would willfully "swallow his own shit" for the WWE.

-Paul has said that although Stephanie has a lot of power being Vince's daughter, she also carries a huge burden. Vince EXPECTS more from Stephanie than anyone else, and Stephanie is DEMANDED to work harder than anybody.

-Paul has said that the WWE isn't too corporate, and it's attitude and the way it "pushes the envelope" hasn't been diminished by corporate shareholders. Paul said that anyone who doesn't like Vince's ideas or vision can drop out anytime. Basically, he said that if you hold any money in the WWE, you better believe in the vision of Vince McMahon, or just forget about it now.

-Paul has said that Vince is the no.1 guy running the WWE. Nobody else. If the company does well, Vince is the guy who's gonna take all the credit. And if the company fails, Vince is going to be the guy who takes all the blame. Vince will willfully take the blame "on the chin".

-Has said that the reason RVD hasn't been pushed is because his style of performance isn't what impresses the majority of the WWE. Paul said that in ECW, he specialized in hiding his wrestlers' weaknesses, and "taking them by the hand" and putting emphasis on what they're good at. He says that if RVD was on Smackdown, he would push him by making RVD seem invincible and by putting him in risky situations where he comes out on top.

-Paul said that the two most underrated talents in the WWE right now are Booker T. and RVD.

-Paul has said that when he first laid eyes on Chris Jericho, he was "blown away". He discovered Jericho after Chris Benoit recommened him, and gave Heyman a tape of Jericho's match against Ultimo Dragon from Japan. Heyman immiediately searched for Jericho's phone number and desperately wanted to sign him.

-Paul said that he hated Eric Bischoff from 1996-2000, and there's probably nobody in the buisness he hated more. But he has buried the hatchet with him, and feels that's what needs to be done in order to work from the WWE.

-Paul has said that Hulk Hogan and Vince normally don't see eye-to-eye, and that's the reason why Hulk isn't on TV right now.

-Paul has said that he has learned from JR, and deeply respects his announcing abilities.

-Jerry Lawler hates Heyman because Heyman is the better announcer.

-Heyman feels that Bret Hart's situation over the past couple years has been simply "tragic".

That's pretty much all that I remember so far, but I'm gonna watch the interview again tonight at midnight, and if there's anything I forgot to mention, I'll re-post it.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE

Last edited by Mr. Marbles; 10 Dec 2002 at 06:35 PM.
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Oops! One other tidbit of information Paul mentioned.

-Paul said that Chris Jericho's title run was a flop because so many other things were going on at the same time. Austin was unhappy, nWo debuted, etc. Jericho's title reign just didn't seem too significant when compared with everything else.

Anyway, that's about it.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

I watched OTR as well. It was a really well done interview. Very insightful.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2002, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Default Re: Paul Heyman interview on Off The Record

Quote:
Originally posted by M-MAC
-Has said that the fans hate The Rock nowadays because they no longer see him as "one of the boys" and feel he "sold out" to Hollywood. Paul feels that The Rock would make a great heel if he came out and talked down to the fans, and said things like "The Rock only has a little bit of time for you wrestling fans, but then I've got to go make another movie."
I just finished watching OTR and i gotta say that was an amazing interview and im glad to se that Heyman was REALLY confident about the Rock turning heel, the Hollywood angle is the perfect story line for the Rock.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 01:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

And another thing....it's so obvious that the WWE has undercover writer's on the net, even Paul Heyman him self probably surfs the web for fan's opinion's cause every message board i go to....everybody says the Rock should turn heel, i have even red post's about the exact storyline Heyman was talking about with the Hollywood angle for the Rock to turn heel, even when Heyman said that RVD and Booker T are the 2 most underated wrestler's....that's another thing he must have got from "us/the net" cause the magority of posters all across these message board's all say that Book and RVD should be pushed.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 05:19 AM   #6 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally posted by T-MAC
And another thing....it's so obvious that the WWE has undercover writer's on the net, even Paul Heyman him self probably surfs the web for fan's opinion's cause every message board i go to....everybody says the Rock should turn heel, i have even red post's about the exact storyline Heyman was talking about with the Hollywood angle for the Rock to turn heel, even when Heyman said that RVD and Booker T are the 2 most underated wrestler's....that's another thing he must have got from "us/the net" cause the magority of posters all across these message board's all say that Book and RVD should be pushed.
I don't think it's a case of them spying, rather the things he said were so obvious.
Gotenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2002, 06:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks
I don't think it's a case of them spying, rather the things he said were so obvious.

thats right
if wwe really used message boards to see what to do, triple h would be shot in the head and batitsa would be champ by now

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote