ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Ric Flair Cuts the Greatest Promo Ever

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2002, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

nino bravo is on a distinguished road
Default Ric Flair Cuts the Greatest Promo Ever

I just wanted to start a thread to get more opinions of the"Mirror of Truth" promo that Flair cut on RAW, because of how rough and real it was. I said this already but, i actually listened to his long ass promo without getting bored once. your thoughts
nino bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mexican Mammoth

~Y2A~ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ~Y2A~ Send a message via MSN to ~Y2A~

This is one of them. Another mention is when Y2J cut that promo on the Rock the SD! b4 The Royal Rumble. That promo had me shaking as did Flair's last night.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
sucka

Good promo. But it doesn't touch Heyman's worked shoot promo before Invasion last year.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally posted by sucka
Good promo. But it doesn't touch Heyman's worked shoot promo before Invasion last year.

Just a correction. If you're referring to the promo where Heyman ripped on Vince and accused him of stealing ECW's ideas, that promo actually happened on the Smackdown before the Survivor Series 2001.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

Quote:
Originally posted by sucka
Absolutely ! Paul Heyman 'shoot interview at Vince s expense was a true masterpiece .
As an old ECW fan, i enjoyed every word of it
Old 10 Dec 2002, 07:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mexican Mammoth

Heyman's promos during the whole invasion were worth listening. I especially loved when he prayed for the WWF in Latin.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 07:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Quote:
Originally posted by Y2A
Heyman's promos during the whole invasion were worth listening. I especially loved when he prayed for the WWF in Latin.

LOL. I liked that too, only he wasn't praying for the WWF. He was wishing death upon it and cursing it. I like at the beginning of the 2001 Survivor Series. The intro is sheer genius. It shows old footage of the WWWF and WWF, and then cuts to the Alliance and has Paul Heyman screaming "DEATH TO SPORTS-ENTERTAINMENT" "DEATH TO THE W.....W......F!!!!!" While showing pictures of Vince McMahon Sr., Captain Lou, Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, etc. It always gives me goosebumps.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mexican Mammoth

Quote:
Originally posted by M-MAC
LOL. I liked that too, only he wasn't praying for the WWF. He was wishing death upon it and cursing it. I like at the beginning of the 2001 Survivor Series. The intro is sheer genius. It shows old footage of the WWWF and WWF, and then cuts to the Alliance and has Paul Heyman screaming "DEATH TO SPORTS-ENTERTAINMENT" "DEATH TO THE W.....W......F!!!!!" While showing pictures of Vince McMahon Sr., Captain Lou, Hulk Hogan, Andre The Giant, etc. It always gives me goosebumps.
LOL, I was getting confused with when at No Mercy he was saying our Father in Spanish(I think) for the Undertaker. I LOVE those beginning promo packages for PPV's. Those are like, something I always look forward to.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Y2A
LOL, I was getting confused with when at No Mercy he was saying our Father in Spanish(I think) for the Undertaker. I LOVE those beginning promo packages for PPV's. Those are like, something I always look forward to.

Me too! My all time favorites are the 2001 Survivor Series (mentioned above) and the 1999 Royal Rumble, where it features footage of Vince training in the gym, and Austin kicking ass and drinking beer while Vince screams "I HATE AUSTIN!!!!" and "THERE'S NO CHANCE IN HELL, THAT YOU WILL EVER AGAIN BE THE WWF CHAMPION!!!" That package was also the first time we ever heard the "No Chance in Hell" song. It debuted the next night on Raw as Vince's theme music.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mexican Mammoth

Quote:
Me too! My all time favorites are the 2001 Survivor Series (mentioned above) and the 1999 Royal Rumble, where it features footage of Vince training in the gym, and Austin kicking ass and drinking beer while Vince screams "I HATE AUSTIN!!!!" and "THERE'S NO CHANCE IN HELL, THAT YOU WILL EVER AGAIN BE THE WWF CHAMPION!!!" That package was also the first time we ever heard the "No Chance in Hell" song. It debuted the next night on Raw as Vince's theme music.
I also loved the one at Invasion, they said like, something about war, lol...
Old 11 Dec 2002, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
sucka

Quote:
Just a correction. If you're referring to the promo where Heyman ripped on Vince and accused him of stealing ECW's ideas, that promo actually happened on the Smackdown before the Survivor Series 2001.

Right. I forgot. Thanks for the correction.
Old 12 Dec 2002, 08:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

heymans promos are a great asset to his wrestlers.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2002, 01:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

flairs promo was long winded, boring, did nothing for the story and was boring...... oops did i mention it was boring. i cant believe im saying this but triple hhh actually helped that promo. thats how fucked flair made it.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2002, 01:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by shane_man
flairs promo was long winded, boring, did nothing for the story and was boring...... oops did i mention it was boring. i cant believe im saying this but triple hhh actually helped that promo. thats how fucked flair made it.
I agree, the fucking promo was overated, i mean we got all these internet smarks sucking Flairs nuts...acting like that was 1 of the best promos ever
Old 13 Dec 2002, 02:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

It was a great promo in my opinion, Because Flair actually said while he was in wcw that HBK, Was his favorite wrestlers, Many times for that matter, I mean it was a semi shoot, Only a few performers do them well.

Examples

Shane Douglas and Paul Heyman-The 2 best at it

Shawn Micheals-Stu is dead his brain just hasn't got the message.Classic

Scott Steiner

Bret Hart

Scott Hall

Kevin Nah

Jeff Jarrett

Any body can quote a script, It is special to cut ones lik Flair did monday, But i dont think it was the greatest