ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

How much did Vince buy wCw for?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2002, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Let It Roll

Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Rebel should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Default How much did Vince buy wCw for?

Does anyone know how much it cost him?
Old 09 Dec 2002, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

BrockLesnar is on a distinguished road
Default $$$$$$$

He bought it for summit like $3.16

WAIT A MINUTE.....DID I JUST SAY 316??

WE WANT AUSTIN!!!! WE WANT AUSTIN!!! WE WANT AUSTIN!!! WE WANT AUSTIN!!
BrockLesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2002, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
TR(UTH)IPLE H

I think it was about 45-50 million,I didn't research it,So i could be wrong
Old 09 Dec 2002, 10:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

If memory does not fail me WCW was bought for 75 or 80 million dollars. I remember when I heard about it when I had stocks but I could be wrong.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2002, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
BITCH ! BITE ME !

Tamara Sanchez is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tamara Sanchez Send a message via AIM to Tamara Sanchez

For 75 or 80 million dollars ? Man , where did you get your informations from ? I read in certain professional newspapers/magazines that it ONLY COSTED HIM 4,8 MILLION DOLLARS ! What means that if any of us wrestling-fans would have paid 10 dollars , we could have saved WCW ! (only a lil thought)
Old 09 Dec 2002, 11:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Lethal One!

Lethal is on a distinguished road

exactly 50c!
Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

pdaddymike is on a distinguished road

K-Dogs girl was right. He paid only 50cents on the dollar for WCW. It inclided all merchandise, logos, and their library(tapes).
Vince paid only % to 8 million. I was hoping that either Ric Flair or the Crockett's could have repurchased and saved it. Vince also paid a couple hundred thousand for ECW.
pdaddymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 05:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road
Default 'kinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

vince paid about 1.5 to 3 miliion plus legal fees for wcw. eric bishoffs company offeed 20 mill but withdrew the offer when it appeared they werent getting the time slot on tv.

vince never bought ecw.
ecw went bankrpt so they belonged to the bankrupcy court.
one of the main people owed money by ecw was the ex owner paul heyman.
its complicated. i think vince pauid for temporaRY rights.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

All of you people are so WAY off, it's almost scary. Vince paid exactly 2.5 million dollars for WCW. That got him all use of WCW trademarks, the entire video library, and the contracts of 27 wrestlers.

80 million? That's a laugh.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 09:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

CoolioMcawesome is on a distinguished road

Vince paid $2.5 million dollars for the WCW's name, video library, and other "intangible" assets. On top of this, they paid $1.8 million in legal fees for a grand total of $4.3 million. This did not include the price of buying out the contracts of the 27 wrestlers that they originally signed.
CoolioMcawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2002, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

I read somewhere that WWE won it in a courtcase.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2002, 12:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Tin Man was the closest......

He paid like 1 million for WCW and close to 2 million for all past Video Librarys and all Toys etc etc.
Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2002, 07:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

Quote:
Originally posted by M-MAC
All of you people are so WAY off, it's almost scary. Vince paid exactly 2.5 million dollars for WCW. That got him all use of WCW trademarks, the entire video library, and the contracts of 27 wrestlers.

80 million? That's a laugh.

i was pretty close so allaballa

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
Old 11 Dec 2002, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

CoolioMcawesome is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Stephanie
I read somewhere that WWE won it in a courtcase.
That is partially true. WWFE had an outstanding court case against Time Warner from 1996. As you recal, when Scott Hall and Kevin Nash originally appeared on WCW Nitro, the WCW acted as if they were being invaded. WWF argued that it was implied by WCW that Nash and Hall were still portraying their WWF personas and also argued that they had several of the characteristics that the WWF owned the trademarks to. Although WCW was not referring to them as "Diesel" and "Kevin Nash" they were not referring to them as anything and as a result were essentially implying that they were the same characters that they were in the WWF. When WWF bought the WCW, they agreed to drop this lawsuit which explains the extremely low price that they paid for the company.
CoolioMcawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2002, 08:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

Quote:
Originally posted by CoolioMcawesome
That is partially true. WWFE had an outstanding court case against Time Warner from 1996. As you recal, when Scott Hall and Kevin Nash originally appeared on WCW Nitro, the WCW acted as if they were being invaded. WWF argued that it was implied by WCW that Nash and Hall were still portraying their WWF personas and also argued that they had several of the characteristics that the WWF owned the trademarks to. Although WCW was not referring to them as "Diesel" and "Kevin Nash" they were not referring to them as anything and as a result were essentially implying that they were the same characters that they were in the WWF. When WWF bought the WCW, they agreed to drop this lawsuit which explains the extremely low price that they paid for the company.
but they may have lost

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER