ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Rumble Winner = IC Champ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2002, 11:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

gr8dude is on a distinguished road
Default Rumble Winner = IC Champ...

I was just reading Brian Solomon's column on WWE.com (he's the only one with balls) and he gave me some motivation to post an idea ....
There's enough sh*t about getting rid of the IC title, as well as what to do with the Royal Rumble winner... It's always been the stipulation that the winner gets a title shot a wrestlemania, which is great an all.. but then you know it's not gonna be a Booker T or Dreamer or Eddie Guerrero, etc.. etc.. You know it's a top guy, which kinda ruins the point... what if they brought back the IC title, and handed it to the winner of the Rumble... regardless of the brand... there will be enough matches between the top guys of RAW and Smackdown on the card anyway, either tied to the tag matches or Title defenses... so the other 30 superstars that we love to root for, who you know will never be in the upper echelon (sp)..will get a shot...

I know the questions that will arise :
"what if the title's just on RAW?" - well this will lead to 1) more storylines/fueds on Raw and 2) at the next PPV there will be a SMackDown Vs. Raw match... If the title is on RAw then there can be a 1# contender match/tournament on Smackdown to see who faces the RAW IC champion to try to win the title back to the Smackdown Brand.. this will lead the much needed and future competition angles between the two factions...
it'll be more for Brand pride the just a title reign...

I think this is a great idea... but who knows..
gr8dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2002, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Not very likely

Vince retired the IC belt even to a final ceramony and video...Get over it the IC title is retired and be in the hall of fame somewhere..
Old 05 Dec 2002, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

gr8dude is on a distinguished road
Arrow

A guy can dream can't he?
gr8dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2002, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
All hail the flamingo

Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Da Loo , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via MSN to Da Loo

Hey gr8dude I think thats a gr8 Idea

Doubt it would happen though??
Old 05 Dec 2002, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Matthew Bellamy

Quote:
Originally posted by gr8dude
A guy can dream can't he?
Yeah u can dream, but if vince decided to retire the IC belt it s not to bring it back ...
And don t forget the rumble is a big ppv and the winner deserves a big prize, like a world title championship match !
Old 05 Dec 2002, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

hell the first rumble matches nobody got any big prize so.

i think the I.C. tilte derservres to retire because i don't want to see it ruined by crappy storylines.

i say if you want a mid card title bring back either the US title or the TV title. then have a tournment to crown a new champ and have it be the only title that goes between shows.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2002, 04:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Exactly The I C title

comes with a history behind it. Among the Legendary Pat Patterson and many others. They were the stars who made that belt from the start...Definatly deserves its place in Wrestling History.
Old 05 Dec 2002, 06:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Calgary's Finest

TheLittleGame is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheLittleGame

How can we just "get over" the ic belt ? it was such a storied title. So many huge names held it, and it was the most coveted title aside from any world cahmpionship. The decision to "retire" it was one of pure stupidity, and in time it will be one that the wwe regrets.
TheLittleGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Kurt Cobain is on a distinguished road

If the IC title does come backk

then someone like John Cena or my favorite Eddi Gerrearo needs it

what do you all think
Kurt Cobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Calgary's Finest

John Cena is neither talented enough or seasoned enough to wipe the shit off of an IC champs shoes.
Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by TheLittleGame
John Cena is neither talented enough or seasoned enough to wipe the shit off of an IC champs shoes.
CURSE YOU BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

John Cena is a feaking WWF LEGEND

HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT

AS WELL AS KURT ANGLE, wrestlingGOD Brock Leasner, or Undertaker Mark Calloway orEddi Gearrearo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hey your WRONG

I dont even love you

Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Calgary's Finest

geez, somebody sounds defensive, is that an admission of inadequacy in John Cena's ability (or lack there of)
Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Legends like John Ceena, Kurt Angle, Undertaker Calloway, THE ONE AND ONLY CHARISMATIC MAN Chris Jericho are alot better than

Rob Vam Dam you suck shit Sam

and HB GAY

AND Cock Lesbo

AND Stone Cold Wife Beater 3:16

what do you think
Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak
Angry

God damn i toought you were fucking banned Prototype. fucking leave already. Cena may one day be good but he fucking sucks now. he will never win the world title just like you will never find a female that finds you attractive.

JOHN CENA IS NOT A LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2002, 07:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Calgary's Finest

why do you feel the need to refer to the undertaker as "undertaker calloway" ? do you think it shows your wrestling knowledge by refering to his last name? any idiot with a mouse can find a wrestlers real name.

anyway, as far as steve austin and brock lesnar go i have to a agree with you. but undertaker is far past his prime and is as washed up as some people think hbk is.as far as jericho goes i have no probelm with him, but his current push as tag team champion with christian is far below his main-event abilities. and as for kurt angle he's never been one of my favorites, but he's one of the nicest wrestlers there is, so i can't argue with you on him.