ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

What is wrong with the news page at www.prowrestlingfans.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Nov 2002, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough
Angry What is wrong with the news page at www.prowrestlingfans.com?

Seriously, I am growing sick of the tactics of some of the news writers of this website and other similar websites. They're very un-objective and stretch the truth so much. Like take for example, the recent Syxx-Pac NWA controversy. I have seen several headlines saying Sean Waltman was fired. However, in reality, it is obvious he quit due to recent actions by Vince Russo. If you tell your bosses you don't want to be part of a product anymore that is quiting, not being fired. These guys will say anything in a headline to grab your atention and I have absolutlely no doubt they just make up a good portion of the content of thier articles. Its like the National Enquirer of the wrestling world. If you don't have all the information, just state what you know, don't try to use guestimation to fill in the lines yourself and then pass it off as "news". Really, in my honest opinion, there are alot of things that are very wrong with wrestling these days and things like this are definantly part of the problem. I like knowing about the status of my favorite wrestlers and the industry but all this gossip-bullcrap can be flushed down the john, for all I'm concerned.

I apologize if this came off as a rant.

Last edited by J-Syxx; 29 Nov 2002 at 06:01 PM.
J-Syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2002, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

That's what wrestling websites do. They'll do anything to grab your attention. Any kind of nonsensical bullshit. Take for example prowrestling.com. Those fake links at the bottom are enough to make you put a fist through your harddrive. They'll post all kinds of offensive propaganda, like if you're reading a story about Steve Austin, the link will say:

30 pictures of Debra's face after she was assaulted! Click here to see them!

Or if you're reading a story about Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth for the PS2, it will say:

20 hidden wrestlers, including GOLDBERG! Click here

I saw one the other day that said,

X-Pac and his wife Chyna resign with the WWE at 12:32 this afternoon! We have proof!

And my favorite phony link of all,

WWE officially files for bankruptcy! Click here

My point is, don't take wrestling websites seriously. I always thought their main purpose was to keep the average fan up-to-date with current happenings in the world of wrestling. But now it's obvious their only reason for being is to spread bullshit lies and sell their soul just for more internet hits.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2002, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
An Out of Body Experience

Elias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of FamerElias Alexander is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by M-MAC
That's what wrestling websites do. They'll do anything to grab your attention. Any kind of nonsensical bullshit. Take for example prowrestling.com. Those fake links at the bottom are enough to make you put a fist through your harddrive. They'll post all kinds of offensive propaganda, like if you're reading a story about Steve Austin, the link will say:

30 pictures of Debra's face after she was assaulted! Click here to see them!

Or if you're reading a story about Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth for the PS2, it will say:

20 hidden wrestlers, including GOLDBERG! Click here

I saw one the other day that said,

X-Pac and his wife Chyna resign with the WWE at 12:32 this afternoon! We have proof!

And my favorite phony link of all,

WWE officially files for bankruptcy! Click here

My point is, don't take wrestling websites seriously. I always thought their main purpose was to keep the average fan up-to-date with current happenings in the world of wrestling. But now it's obvious their only reason for being is to spread bullshit lies and sell their soul just for more internet hits.

Yeah those things always pissed me off!
Elias Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2002, 06:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

You're completely right M-Mac. I would avoid them, but its one of the only ways I am aware of to know what the hek is going on in the world of wrestling. I guess I'll just have to start being completely clueless about some things, because I really don't want to support the pathetic parasites that write those "news" articles.

Last edited by J-Syxx; 29 Nov 2002 at 07:28 PM.
J-Syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2002, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

I read those articles often because I find them amusing. It's only when some half brained fan starts believing them that problems arise.
Gotenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2002, 07:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

$ Pac is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to $ Pac

Pretty much all wrestling websites are basically nothing more then Tabloid Journalism in regards to Wrestling News.

And I too know what Mac is talking about, there was a link the other day on there to here, at PW that read "This Just In, Vince McMahon Buys NWA TNA! Read about it here!" But of course, that site is pretty much about the small chump change that can be made off of non commercial websites by usage or pop ups and such, but you would think that this sites would have enough respect for wrestling to actually have some factual content to their Entertainment Tonight like News Reports. The only site that I can think of that actually reports real news and not bull shit headlines like 'Steiner thinking about Undiying his hair,' would probably be my good friends at Powerwrestling.com, if you want news that actually happens and not things about how Stone Cold went on a Killing Spree in Aspen Colorado or some shit like that, I suggest you go there, they've actually admitted that the reason why they don't have as much news as other sites is because they don't put phony bull shit on there site like others do.

And don't even get me started with half of this marked out so called 'smark' columnists. Most of the time all these people do is surf around on message boards (like this one), look for the topics that people are most discussing, write some dim witted column about it, but disagree with what the popular opinion of the board users are so they can seem like that have some kind of inside wit when it comes to wrestling.
$ Pac is offline   Reply With Quote