ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

the us title and ic title

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Nov 2002, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
tanda4eva

Default the us title and ic title

i think they might bring back the us title because they showed it on smackdown the week after it got unifies with the ic title
and they had the world title shown for a while then got the new title and brought back the title
and if they do that i think then they might bring back the ic title and put it on smackdown and put the us title on rawand i think they should have scott bring it
Old 17 Nov 2002, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default You guys are sure hooked on titles

The IC and the US belts are in the drawyer for several reasons one the fact is a cost cut factor...They don't need them and since they both require big bonuses Vince and WWE don't want to have to pay that out just now.
Face it folks the WWE is losing money right now. Notice I didn't say Vince

I said the WWE is losing money...They also have sat down and evaluated who they feel is essential to the company and who they could let go with if they had too..Its called cost cutting...He has already let two high ups in the front offices not long ego, but will probably be some of the stars as well...They said that Vince,Steph,Shane etc are looking at the situation of who they could use the most being essential to the company.They said some would move up some would go down some will have to take pay cuts in order to stay with the company...Others will probably walk the door...The belts aren't needed so they have been put in a drawyer or closet for the time being..They can use the bonus money that went with those belts to best be better put else way...
Old 17 Nov 2002, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

Vince wouldn't just keep his IC belt in a "closet". It's sacred to him. It's been around since 1979, just three years longer than Vince has been owner of the company. It has sentimental value. If Vince needed to cut costs, he would've just fired more useless people, like Justin Competant, or Mark Henry. There's no way he would get rid of his precious strap just to save a few bucks.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2002, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default and if you knew as much as you claim

you would know that Vince retired IC belt at No Mercy...You know since you admitted you have never been near a live show...I really don't value anything you comment on Marbles.
Vince has a trophy closet all glassed in for show reasons but he has retired it and the US belt so that he doesn't have to shell out for the bonuses that go with it...and the WWE can use that money for other reasons.

You have a real problem there but for 16 I guess I can try and get the point to you...Vince is Vince the

WWE is a corporate business that is at this time in financial trouble. Vince lost his years bonus as did Linda why because he lost too much money and didn't bring in money for the company in the last year. I mean XFL all the crap with ECW and having to buy the company plus pay off there debts, WCW and having to pay off some Time Warner contracts.
Old 17 Nov 2002, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

KIM, do you know what amuses me the most about you? Everytime you know I've outsmarted you on the subject of wrestling, you bring up the fact that I'm 16, or I've never been to a live show. So what? How the fuck is going to a live show supposed to make you any smarter on Vince McMahon's personal life? Please answer that for me.

Also, there were no expenses for ECW. ECW went BANKRUPT. Vince did not buy it. There was no change released from his pocket for the Philadelphia indy group. Also, WCW was purchased for a measly 2.5 million dollars. Hardly a large expense indeed.

Finally, no Time Warner contracts were bought out. Vince aquired the contracts of 24 mid-carders when he bought the company. The bigger stars, like Kevin Nash and Scott Steiner, decided to wait until their contracts expired at the end of 2001 before looking for work.

Finally, to say Vince made no money in 2001 is a vast exaggeration. Wrestlemania X-7 was a record-setting PPV, in both buyrates and attendance.

I recommend you get your facts straight before attempting to criticize me. I suppose in your next rebuttal you're once again going to try to prove to me you're smarter by acknowledging my age. God, you're pitiful.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Old 17 Nov 2002, 11:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Gee Marbles you did miss it

No expense to ECW there you go again not knowing what you think you do. WWE had to pay off some of ECW debts to lay claim to the company. There were some bills that Paul had signed that stated if he didn't pay his bills then the company could lay claim to ECW to recover there losses...WWE had to pay those bills inorder to lay claim to the ECW and they amounted up into millions..One of those was sony. and others. WWE was left with no choice but to pay it....
XFL he was left with big money there. Players had to be paid bonuses to his teams that went for championships etc. That all had to be paid because he was under contract and could very easily take it into court....
Old 17 Nov 2002, 11:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

I never disagreed with the XFL. In the long run, it stood for "Xtreme Financial Loss".

But your story on ECW was false, unless you can direct me to a link which gives evidence, then you are proving to me what I suspect. You're simply assuming things from the top of your head.

ECW was owned by PAUL HEYMAN. After the bankruptcy, he was stuck with certain expenitures. Although he was forbidden to ever hold another ECW show, since it was his company, he was still entitled to a certain number of trademarks, including logos and videos. Then, Heyman became an employee of McMahon, and was given a spot on the creative team in February 2001. Therefore, the idea came around to have ECW "invade" WWF during the summer, complete with the ECW theme music which Paul owned the rights to.

To my knowledge, Paul Heyman didn't give all of his taxes to Vince McMahon and told him "please go to court and pay these for me, and I'll write you a crappy invasion storyline".
Old 17 Nov 2002, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Actually I don't have its wearabout in the net

you prove that is all you read ...At the time we found it was in US News and Report...Now that may have all been included in Taxes but Sony and one or two more told WWE that they have first claim...Unless there bills are paid.
Old 17 Nov 2002, 12:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

When ECW went Bankrupt Heyman lost the rights to use the name. That is why when ECW and WCW invaded they stopped refferring to ECW altogher and started calling it the "alliance".
Originally the WWF thought that Heyman did own the rights to the name, only after the first show that they ran the ECW stable on did they find out he did not.
I believe Vince then bought ECW, mainy for use of the brand name and the video library. (Im not sure about that though)
Gotenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2002, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Think that was part of the story

in the magazine article...There were Sony and atlest one or other brand company that had to be paid off..Because Paul had owed them money and they had clauses that said if threre money wasn't paid they could attach the company to recover there loses...Being as sony was involved they were probably attached to the video library