ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

From TV Guide: "..the ride is coming to an end for Vince McMahon and company."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Nov 2002, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heelface

Default From TV Guide: "..the ride is coming to an end for Vince McMahon and company."

First off, I find it hard to fathom a world without the WWE, but the hard truth is, the opinion offered by Kevin Snow in TV guide's current issue might be right.

If the WW(F)E isn't dying, it's at least very, very ill.

Nevermind the recent "shock value" storylines. Everyone knows about the stupid plots involving Kane and necrophelia, the Billy and Chuck angle, the Torrie's Dad/Dawn Marie angle, etc. We've all seen outrageous stories on WWE television before. The ratings were terrible last time too. They recovered to see the highest ratings ever. And the roster is more impressive right now than ever.

So why can't they recover this time?

Simply put, nobody REALLY cares about anything that happens. Anything that happens during a WWE show doesn't matter, so why should anyone ever care about who wins or loses? For example, ANYONE can lose a match one week and be booked in a World title match the very next week. The viewer no longer REALLY cares about whether his or her favorite star wins or loses because in reality, it doesn't matter at all.

If nobody cares, nobody watches. I've been watching wrestling for 14 years, nd this is the first time I feel like I can miss the show anytime and not care at all.
Old 14 Nov 2002, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

nino bravo is on a distinguished road

all i have to say to this is that until the wwe becomes a legitimate wrestling federation instead of a "soap opera for men" or "simply a t.v. show like any other" and starts takin itself seriously like some of the fans do, it will continue to struggle. the fan's have (IMO) seem to be sick of the reduced emphasis on wrestling and the outrageous storylines(i'm sorry,but the katie vick stuff while desperate,i still found the "video tape" the funniest thing HHH's ever done). they have to eventually listen to us (if they don't want to go out of business).
nino bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

God I hope that does'nt happen.I've been watching wrestling for over 20 years and I just can't see a world without the WWE.It's all we really have left everything else is gone.WCW,AWA,ECW,Midsouth extc.

Takers bad girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

wwe55 is on a distinguished road

I would not lission to a rag trying to get a name for itself.

We all know the WWE is haveing its ups/downs...
thats life.
wwe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 04:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

Things will continue to go downhill until Vince gets desperate and once again says "Screw it, Ill let the wrestlers do what they want"
When that happens the show will start to pick up again.
Right now it seems like the wrestlers just act out exactley what the office tells them, TV is always more exciting when the wrestlers have more creative control over what they do and say.
Hell that was the thing that started "Attitude" and it was the foundation upon which ECW was built.
Gotenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

The WWE can holds its own in a ratings losss. IE back in 97 the company was losing 75,000 dollars a week....when they start doing that again well talk.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 10:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

I seriously doubt that it will happen. I mean theres billions and billions of men in the USA alone and Vinnie Mac is in the top 400 richest. And the ratings? Yea sure there slipping but these weekly Half Hour Comedy Shows would love to have WWEs ratings. Theres nobody to compete with so all wrestling fans only have one choice on who to watch.....or they watch nothing. I dont want to watch nothing so I will continue to watch no matter how bad the stories get. And Im sure most posters here will do the same.

I agree with Gotenks......I personally liked the Edge Angle shved head angle........we almost thought that Edge would have a shaved head and from what I read that was all Angles Idea.

The bottom line is that WWE isnt going anywhere and if they do it will take them years and years to reach the point that WCW reached cause there is no competition. If WCW was still in full efect......then maybe Id have an ounce of worry.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2002, 12:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

The wwe needs to get it's ass in gear in order to pull of a good show.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2002, 12:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
sucka

I think last night was a step in the right direction
Old 15 Nov 2002, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally posted by bloodsoakedring
The wwe needs to get it's ass in gear in order to pull of a good show.
The WWE needs to put on a good series, not just a show. Right now we just have shows, why would missing one show matter if the next show has no relevance to the one you just missed?
They need to get some ideas together to attract viewers week after week, and not just by shocking them with some brain dead angle.
Gotenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2002, 04:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default When you talk about Vince being number 4

What your talking about is Vince being #4 that doesn't mean the WWE in that same respect. Im very sure that his private capita isn't mixed all in with The WWE. The man would have been going broke if he tried to totally financially back all of his shows.

Gotenks has the right idea of the whole thing with giving the Wrestlers a chance to do what they want. When it comes to Smackdown that alone is showing for itself what the Wrestlers can do..They show a lot of that from show to show on Smackdown,but they can't totally do all the work.Vince needs to try that the first time they give him a story he doesn't want tear it up and tell the Wrestlers its your turn( Paul Bearer has stated he has seen Vince tear up scripts even down to 10min prior to the shows.
Actually have heard many people say if they want to watch soap operas they will watch them when they want to watch wrestling they will watch wrestling.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Default Re: When you talk about Vince being number 4

Quote:
Originally posted by Blu Angel
What your talking about is Vince being #4 that doesn't mean the WWE in that same respect. Im very sure that his private capita isn't mixed all in with The WWE. The man would have been going broke if he tried to totally financially back all of his shows.
I didnt say 4 I said the top 400....hes like 390 or sumtin.....that pretty rich since theres alot of people here in the US.....

As far as financialy back all of his shows.........I dont know that.....and far as much as you think you know or you know(not a bash) you dont know that either. You cant tell me your such a fan that you know how much each show costs and what he gets from his sponsors or none of that.....and neither can I.

The point I was making that out of all these men in the world.....hes in the top 400 richest......so I think hes smart enough to know how not to go out of business. .....especially since there the only legit wrestling company left.

Sort of like how no matter with all his controversies and scandals going on.....Clinton got re elected.......get my drift?

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2002, 08:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Use some common sense

If it was 4th or 4000 Vince is not going to back his personal capital into these shows.
Thats why he has stock holders that is why he has sponsors that is why it operates in that fashion...Neither Vince or Linda took there bonus out of the company last year Why? because its failing and the corporate funds couldn't handle it...

The seats are down the ppv are down face it money is going down the toilet. Vince turned down the ECW show because they said one night show at night was going to cost to much money.

Hes a business man he will not keep putting his private capita just to keep WWE going.He is searching for more sponsors and everything else...How well do you think thats going to go when the ratings on the show are sitting at 3.1 that is not a good financial background then...Frankly business men are into making money not to invest in losing causes.
Old 15 Nov 2002, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Lethal One!

Lethal is on a distinguished road

KOOL AID the thing about angle and the hair and letting wrestlers do what they want. they are doing that but unfortunately the only person they listen to is the all mighty fag master HHH They wouldnt listen to austin or anyone else!
Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2002, 08:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default You also forget

Vince just shelled out millions of dollars with the XFL that flopped. All those had to be paid...Not to mention the prize moneys for the winning teams...

He just forked over for the ecw and to TimeWarner for WCW and the legal battles on that. The guys that came over he had to buy out Time Warner contracts...

He had to pay off companys that ECW was indept to for the bankruptcy....Sony Sega and a bunch of other companies...

Vince own WWE stock is plumming it..Vince Im sure looks at any bucks he spends....Yes thats all WWE money.

Right now the WWF in UK is looking for 5 million dollars....Lawsuits cost money and he is going after a charity organization in another country....

DO YOUR RESEARCH....Vince isn't going to tie up his private money in a company that is going down....

When Vince made the statement "This is my company and I made it and I can kill it "

Why do you think when they had it on the board they said that Vince, Stephanie and Shane and all of them are re evaluating there rosters to decide should they have to who they can get by with and who they can't