ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

wwe in need of some new main eventers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2002, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
beaverpatrol

Default wwe in need of some new main eventers

sure all of the main eventers are good quality, but it seems to be the same ole same ole guys going for the belts. i thought when they split theyd for sure bring in some moremain eventers like steiners or luger etc. but they havent, and to me its causing it to be boring. im sick of the undertaker, im tired of triple h theyre always in the running for the belt, they never have no outside competion like some guy whos trying to work his way to the belt. the only good one they did was brock. that was a good deal, they need to get more guys like that, maybe push batista a little
Old 31 Aug 2002, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Make up your mind...

One minute you say that Vince needs new main eventers and the next statement you say he needs to push Rookies..(You referred to Batista)...Do you know how long Brock was in OV before you saw him on camera...Atleast two years or more. There was talk once before to bring him up when he had an injurie. You don't just take a rookie and make him a full blown Main Eventer. Why because they have no where to go...Do you not think Vince has talked with guys like Steiner and Luger and Sting..Those are bonified Main Eventers but even them have been sitting on the side for months and even a couple of years now..

Vince is short of some main eventers right now. I mean Triple H has one and Taker has each other these are the guys who are the legends who have kept the organization going for the last years..They are not OLD men they are what called Season Veterans of the sport.Its guys like that who keep the organizations going...The guys whose names sell the tickets..The same guys who will keep things going till the ones working there way and getting the experience who can take over one day...

One more comment Triple H is only 33 yrs old.
You keep screaming for Goldberg a washed up Football player...Who won't make it that doesn't make sense anyway.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

If anything....WWE has too many main event level stars on their current roster.....bringing in maineventers from other companies would only push deserving guys like Jericho, Benoit & RVD down the line furthur.

HHH, Undertaker, Benoit, Angle, Kane, Jericho, Edge, RVD, Booker T, Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar....even guys like Eddie Guerrero, Lance Storm, Test & Tommy Dreamer are main event calibur.

It's not about bringing in new people....Its about doing the right things with the talent you have, (and on select occasions bringing in new talent.....in EXTREME moderation).

Never has the WWE's (in recent memory) been so chock full of headliners.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to ILove Christian

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Canuck
If anything....WWE has too many main event level stars on their current roster.....bringing in maineventers from other companies would only push deserving guys like Jericho, Benoit & RVD down the line furthur.

HHH, Undertaker, Benoit, Angle, Kane, Jericho, Edge, RVD, Booker T, Hulk Hogan, Brock Lesnar....even guys like Eddie Guerrero, Lance Storm, Test & Tommy Dreamer are main event calibur.

It's not about bringing in new people....Its about doing the right things with the talent you have, (and on select occasions bringing in new talent.....in EXTREME moderation).

I have to agree...
Old 31 Aug 2002, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
beaverpatrol

ya know its easy to stand behind the guys who are on top and be a bandwagon jumpper like yourself. but as soon as your favorite guy hits the bottom youll dump him and pick up whoevers on top. it shows true support when ya stand up for your favorite team or wrestler.

its ok, us goldheads can take your slammin, cause we all know the day will come when hell be on top once again and youll be there trying to jump on the wagon.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to ILove Christian

Quote:
Originally posted by beaverpatrol
ya know its easy to stand behind the guys who are on top and be a bandwagon jumpper like yourself. but as soon as your favorite guy hits the bottom youll dump him and pick up whoevers on top. it shows true support when ya stand up for your favorite team or wrestler.

its ok, us goldheads can take your slammin, cause we all know the day will come when hell be on top once again and youll be there trying to jump on the wagon.
riiiiight.......
Old 31 Aug 2002, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
therockrules

Default Goldheads...

I hope to GOD Greenburg doesn't come to the WWE. That botching loser is stupid enough to believe his own press! Doubtless after he fails miserably in Japan no one will want him anymore and maybe I will finally not have to hear about him anymore.

I think it's funny that anyone thinks there should be new main eventers as whenever someone steps up the internet hacks and slags them relentlessly. I guess everyone says boo hoo why isn't my fave ______ not a main eventer and they gave it to _____?

I agree, much as I like Jericho and Benoit and want to see them elevated I'd settle for anything over Taker and HHH going at it one more time in a slo mo gimpfest of a match.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 07:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Canuck

I SOOOOO agree!!!!!!
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

I DONT CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING WRESTLERS MAIN EVENTERS

EDGE
BOOKER T
LANCE STORM
TOMMY DREAMER
TEST
EDDIE G.

YOU ACTUALLY THINK THOSE MID CARDERS CAN MAIN EVENT A PPV?? IF YOU DO YOUR FUKING CRAZY, THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 5 OR 6 GUYS THAT CAN MAIN EVENT

THE ROCK
UNDERTAKER
HHH
BROCK
KANE
ANGLE

AND MAYBE- BENOIT, R.V.D AND Y2GAY CHRIS JER EGO.

IF ANYTHING THE WWE IS LACKING MAIN EVENTERS.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

The WWE has always had trounle with the people at the top of the mountain. For the last three years its been"
Rock, SCSA, Taker, HHH, Angle, and to a lesser extent Kane, Y2j and others. Its not that the WWE doenst have MAin eventers, but they just dont use them all. I think maybe it has to do with the fact that the majority of the fans DO agree with our colleague The Rock. The current formula was given a new person with Lesnar. IS this the WWE trying to add new Main eventers? NO. Because in the end we all know who will beat him: HHH, Taker, Rock, Kane, Angle or Y2J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

THE FACT IS THAT THE WWE HAS FINALLY GOT A NEW MAIN EVENTER IN BROCK, SO IT DOESNT MATTER WHO PINS HIM FIRST, I JUST HOPE ITS NOT HHH OR UNDERTAKER.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by beaverpatrol

Really? I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.
I'm a bandwagoner for going out and saying that Test is main-event calibur? Funny....I've been saying that for close to a year now on Pw.com.....and its only been recently that so many have come around and 'seen the light' so to speak.

Ok....Goldberg on top again huh? Well......if 2 minute squashes become all the rage again.....yeah.....you better believe he'll be standing tall.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
therockrules

I too do not consider Jericho, Benoit, Kane or Brock main event status. Sure Jericho looked like he was main event once but he's lost consistantly since being the champ. Kane has never had a chance to do anything but carry UT when he was really in crappy shape. And Benoit was very over then got injured, he nearly got there. Brock's been put over once, once and that does not mean shit though it's more than Jericho got, who never got a clean pinfall out of any of the maineventers, ever.

I think nothing short of a miracle could raise these guys. But the WWE needs to do something.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

If they were using the roster split correctly we wouldn't be having this discussion. They do have a lot of main event level mid-card wrestlers. The two different shows, and the belt you KNOW whats-his-name on raw is about to invent will start getting these wrestlers the push they need. So, my opinion is they HAVE the talent, they need to use it.
Old 31 Aug 2002, 08:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

YOU CANT REALLY BLAME THEM FOR PUSHING BROCK, I MEAN HE HAS THE LOOK AND HE CAN WRESTLE, I THINK BROCK IS MORE TALENTED THAN GOLDBERG EVEN.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH BROCK HOLDING THE BELT AND MAINEVENTING, THE TRUE SUPERSTARS GET PUSHED EARLY LIKE THE ROCK, ANGLE AND AUSTIN.