ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

UnderTaker?
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2002, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

nino bravo is on a distinguished road
Default UnderTaker?

I have never understood his appeal after he became the American Bike Rider Guy. I believe I seem to be all alone in my assertion that UT is and has always been a uncharismatic(yet intense looking) tall guy. people speak of his "supreme agility for a big man" which i agreed with............10 years ago. I know everyone's ones gonna say "Shut up, Nino.Respect blah blahbleebleeblah" but thinking without your heart for a second (or however long it takes you to type), what is so great about him now? Ignoring (sarcastic voice) all the time he's put in, all the great matches that he's HAD, and any "real world" respect you have for him, WHY, oh why do people still like this mutherfucker? if i was an UT fans, seem like i'd have to FORCE myself to continue to like this guy considering how boring he's become.
And TIMY, you can just save whatever you have to say.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 02:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
sucka

I think Taker became boring after his gimmick change. He is not half as athletic as he used to be, but that comes with the territory. He is older and has two of the worst knees in wrestling (second only to Nash's). He also has had nagging back problems. He will go down as one of the greats. I don't mind him hanging around a little bit longer.

Old 11 Nov 2002, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

The Undertaker doesnt need speed or strength, being a veteran has given him the greatest asset a wrestler can have-the ability to work a match.
In wrestling its not so much what you do thats important but when and why. Undertaker knows this and thats why he can still have entertaining matches no matter how banged up he may be.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Baddest Bitch in The Yard

Takers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant futureTakers bad girl has a brilliant future

I will never speak one bad word about Taker.Look what he has done for wrestling,he has put his body on the line to entertain his fans and payed for it many times.He stands by the WWE and does what it takes to help the company.He deserves respect and the title of Legend.He has earned that a million times over.

Old 11 Nov 2002, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks
The Undertaker doesnt need speed or strength, being a veteran has given him the greatest asset a wrestler can have-the ability to work a match.
In wrestling its not so much what you do thats important but when and why. Undertaker knows this and thats why he can still have entertaining matches no matter how banged up he may be.
Gotenks, i just said that i DON'T find his matches entertaining anymore so whether he's a vet, a vut, or a voight doesn't matter when the
UT matches= time for me to make myself a sandwich.i think that "he's a veteran's so he'll know how to work a match better" is just propaganda and an excuse that wrestler who have lost it feed the fans. i feel he's LESS entertaining.
by the way i'm not blasting you, but the UT has never seemed to know much mat wrestling (which is probably just a part of his character) and thats the type i prefer. so his style
Old 11 Nov 2002, 03:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Gotenks can only hope to improveGotenks can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally posted by nino bravo

Gotenks, i just said that i DON'T find his matches entertaining anymore so whether he's a vet, a vut, or a voight doesn't matter when the
UT matches= time for me to make myself a sandwich.i think that "he's a veteran's so he'll know how to work a match better" is just propaganda and an excuse that wrestler who have lost it feed the fans. i feel he's LESS entertaining.
by the way i'm not blasting you, but the UT has never seemed to know much mat wrestling (which is probably just a part of his character) and thats the type i prefer. so his style
So let me get this straight, you didnt like his match at wrestlemania 17 where he stole the show? How about at 18 when once again he along with flair had the match of the night? Hmm how about the ladder match with Jeff hardy that was worked so well that people actually believed the impossible might happen and Jeff would win? Then there is the Hell in a Cell against Brock where he elevated Brock to true main event material.
Though as you say Taker has lost it
Wrestling isnt about who knows what moves, its about controlling the crowds emotions and Taker is a master of it (along with all the other wrestling greats)
Mick Foley is a wrestling legend and he by his own admission had around 4 wrestling moves and basically sucked at executing them, but his knowledge of ring psychology made him one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.
If performing moves was all that wrestling required Essa Rios would be the WWE champion right now.
Go back a few years to the likes of Flair and sting, were they pulling suplex' out of nowhere? No, they were not but they were still had some of the greatest matches in history. Do you know why? Because both Sting and Flair knew how to work.
I respect your opinion about not liking Undertakers style and maybe you dont find him entertaining but the fact is Taker is a future wrestling Hall of Famer and he deserves to be there.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 03:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

BrockLesnar is on a distinguished road
Default Undertaker

I respect the 'American Bad ass' he has ruled the ring for nearly 12 years and i think that is something to be proud of, pity all you people who think the Undertaker is a has been. But as he said 2 weeks ago on smackdown to the Big Show 'Maybe i am a Dried up has been, but i'd rather be a has been....than a giant who never was'

That has to be one of the best things ive heard off ANY of the wrestlers EVER!!!
Old 11 Nov 2002, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gotenks

So let me get this straight, you didnt like his match at wrestlemania 17 where he stole the show? How about at 18 when once again he along with flair had the match of the night? Hmm how about the ladder match with Jeff hardy that was worked so well that people actually believed the impossible might happen and Jeff would win? Then there is the Hell in a Cell against Brock where he elevated Brock to true main event material.
Though as you say Taker has lost it
Wrestling isnt about who knows what moves, its about controlling the crowds emotions and Taker is a master of it (along with all the other wrestling greats)
Mick Foley is a wrestling legend and he by his own admission had around 4 wrestling moves and basically sucked at executing them, but his knowledge of ring psychology made him one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.
If performing moves was all that wrestling required Essa Rios would be the WWE champion right now.
Go back a few years to the likes of Flair and sting, were they pulling suplex' out of nowhere? No, they were not but they were still had some of the greatest matches in history. Do you know why? Because both Sting and Flair knew how to work.
I respect your opinion about not liking Undertakers style and maybe you dont find him entertaining but the fact is Taker is a future wrestling Hall of Famer and he deserves to be there.
the matches you picked were good(eps Brock vs Taker) i admit, but ive always prefered skill and ring psychology to using emotion and ring psychology. yeah, he was great at all those matches, they were ppv's,mostly though. what about TV? i don't order or buy ALL PPv's,so if a guy has a good ppv match,something that should be done anyway, it still doesn't make a huge case for the guy considering i watch and attend TV shows. Alotta people like him though, i don't get it. i prefer guys like taz,angle, both guerrero's, you know tech's.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 04:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by THE ROCK
WHAT IS THE FUCKING DEAL WITH ALL THIS MOTHERFUCKING UNDERTAPPER TALK EVERY FUCKING DAY?

FUCK, STOP TALKING ABOUT HAS BEEN'S

TRY FOCUSING ON THE PRODUCT
my point was no one ever seems to say anything bad about him other than " he's slowed down" or "he's boring now". i never thought he was ever all that great and i wanted to understand what people see in him.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 04:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Quote:
Originally posted by nino bravo

my point was no one ever seems to say anything bad about him other than " he's slowed down" or "he's boring now". i never thought he was ever all that great and i wanted to understand what people see in him.

Well, i dont se anything in him, he was great in the 90's but over the past 3-4 year's he has been really dull and boaring that's why he rarely get's crowd reaction...nobody gives a fuck about the Undertapper the fucking has been.

-ENTERTAINMENT- BIG SHOW BENCHING HIM OVER THE STAGE...CLASSIC!!

Old 11 Nov 2002, 04:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Well I have to say it this way then

people don't take the Rocks opinions that seariously because Taker always has a great show no matter where he is. Wrestlemania 17 he and Triple H stole the show that night.Even Houston news people said that, and stated that Taker and Triple H should have been the main event because they flat stole the show...

Im like Takers Bad girl I will never say a bad word against or about him...For many reasons..One of those he has been known for the last near 12yrs as the corner stone for the WWE and he has always been there for his fans and anyone who needed him...He is suppost to be back in the ring for Smacdown even when JR stated he still needs to have that elbow taken care of and a back problem too.He's always there and puts his fans and the company first...

Old 11 Nov 2002, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Default Re: Well I have to say it this way then

Quote:
Originally posted by Blu Angel
people don't take the Rocks opinions that seariously because Taker always has a great show no matter where he is.

He may put on a great show but that doesnt mean he get's crowd reaction...lmao

face or heel - same crowd pops for the dead old man

Old 11 Nov 2002, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Then I guess your deaf

of late Rock because the crowd goes wild when he comes out...and he puts on great shows. Like I said your opions don't count anyway.

Old 11 Nov 2002, 05:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Default Re: Then I guess your deaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Blu Angel
of late Rock because the crowd goes wild when he comes out...and he puts on great shows. Like I said your opions don't count anyway.

Ya but nothing compared to the Rock, Hogan, Austin, Goldberg even Micheals.

Old 11 Nov 2002, 05:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof
Default Re: Re: Then I guess your deaf

Quote:
Originally posted by THE ROCK

Ya but nothing compared to the Rock, Hogan, Austin, Goldberg even Micheals.
Michaels LMAO

Get real anyone get's good pops when they are away for years. Besides Taker has been better known as a heel and not a face. he might get the same crowd reaction but that doesn't mean people don't respect him. I don't have to scream my lungs out to respect someone.
Closed Thread