ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

WWE Weekly Thread 16th - 22nd March

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2009, 03:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default WWE Weekly Thread 16th - 22nd March

Well... There is very little traffic around this parts, thought I'd litter it with my chatter with me and my buddy Antony.

I'm going to go watch RAW, I'll be back in 2 Hours with my Thoughts...
Old 18 Mar 2009, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

antony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Default Re: WWE Weekly Thread 16th - 22nd March

I just finished watching raw. pretty solid show. There were at least three moments that at any other time of the year would have normally closed the show.

First match was taker and HBK vs JBL and Vladimir

nothing special here really, although the ending was kinda funny. HBK blind tagged and
stole the win. Taker got pissed and chased him up the ramp.

HBK ran backstage, Taker turned to face the ring for a second and HBK ran back out and superkicked him, at which point i laughed because Cole said it was 'vintage heartbreak kid' Just found that particularly funny as undertaker was there.
^closing moment one^

Girl match wasn't very good. The women's division is such a joke. i only really payed attention to hear santino on commentary.

An interesting note, beth didn't make a tag at all. Kelly Kelly Kelly did nothing. Neither layla or jillian........wtf

HHH vs Cody just screamed TNA.
was pretty cool to see the cage here and i was a little confused when the bell rang because the match had appeared to have started already, and cody had been pedigreed already. for some reason it was also a no DQ match, as hunter won with a sledgehammer shot and the ref still counted the pinfall.
^closing moment two^

It appeared as though there was blood on the floor ringside but i dont recall any bleeding on the show. maybe on ECW? is ECW taped before raw now?

Rey vs Dolph
nothing really of note.

Y2J got beaten up by some legends, then chalenged Snuka, Piper and Steamboat to a three on one match. with flair in their corner.
Jericho's match at mania doesnt look promising. It's clearly going to end with all three of them doing finishers on jericho and then rourke gettign out of his seat to do the ram jam on him. That's my guess at least.
I'm not particularly looking forward to that match now.

Main event was kinda cool. It was funny to see Vickie not count the pinfall. and Cena then trying hard not to hit her.
Commentary was funny too. King called Edge the optitunist. I laughed pretty hard at that. and when Vickie got on top of edge, King said 'She's been there before'

I hate the whole 4 moves of doom thing and when he gets booked as a god. He's not as guilty of it as much anymore but it still irritates me seeing him completely dominate somebody after losing most of the first half of the match.

That being said i LOVE how cena makes hilarious faces. He seems to always make a funny face when doing the stf. and just after the spinout powerbomb just before the 5 knuckle shuffle. so funny

Edge and show teaming up was wierd.. considering the vickie situation.

edge then speared show. yay.
then posed to close the show
^moment three^
antony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 04:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

antony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFersantony will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers

oh and i forgot six man tag match. Missed it and had to wait for it to come on the plus two channel. that was pretty good too.
MVP kinda botched his final spot. he went to grab sheltons head and bring it down on the ropes, but he missed... and shelton sold it anyway. Then he tried again...kinda.
it didn't look very good. then punk with the GTS..

Finlay on commentary mentioned that if he won, he would cash it in on the same night. He also said mvp was a dark horse in the match.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 04:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

That RAW was lame. I was unimpressed. The Show vs Cena vs Edge match has taken to late to shape up and has a terribly lame story line behind it.

The Orton vs Trips stuff was the only really decent continuation of a feud.

Taker vs HBK stuff was dumb. Why would Taker's music play at the end and he turn back when he was chasing HBK? It was stupid and made no sense.

The 6 man MITB tag match was only made good by CM Punk going ape. I think CM Punk is awesome and keeps getting shafted by the WWE for some unknown reason.

The end of the show was ****ing lame as balls. The whole feud needs something worth while to happen in it. I can already see Cena winning it, its written all over the shit feud.

The Chris Jericho stuff was disappointing as well. Jericho has worked so hard to make this angle work and now he is in a terrible match against a whole lot of retired dudes who won't be able to put together a match to save their lives. This is a waste of Jericho at WM. The only thing I'm hoping for is Rourke involvement with a Ram Jam. That would be a cool WM moment but the rest of this match will be a shocker unless booked incredibly well which is a shame cos Jericho deserves better for WM.

Anything I missed? Nothing else was memorable anyway. WWE can do better as they have shown the last two weeks.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2009, 05:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

i agree with the heavyweight title storyline being stupid.
wasn't paying much attention to the end of the opening tag match. saw it all on replays so i didn't quite see how stupid it was.

I feel really let down by where jericho's story has gone. He has bee gold ever since he turned heel.
I still need to see the wrestler. Everyone i know who has seen it gave it a good review
Old 18 Mar 2009, 05:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

I finally saw the clip of the PG-version of Austin/Pillman starring Orton/HHH...it was...ummm how should I say this...lame...

But I guess in today standard...it was okay...and in comparison to the Triple Threat match storyline...WTF is going on??? Seeing Vickie kissed Show made me puke...
Old 18 Mar 2009, 06:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

The thing is with Mania this year that none of the matches on the card are that bad. Its just that a lot of them have been announced so late they have not had the time to build them properly and put good work into the story lines. It seems like WWE were relying far too heavily on getting names like Hogan and Rourke involved that its totally ****ed their stories now that plans have fallen through.

Old 18 Mar 2009, 07:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Alright let me weight in with my thoughts on RAW...

Ummmm yeah you guys pretty much said all that needed to be said, The Opening tag match was horrible and slow. Vladimir did the majority of the work the entire match and all JBL pretty much did was Big Boot Shawn at one stage to then get Sweet Chin Musiced to the end the match... Wow what a strong way to make your newly Crowned IC Champion look. Anyway the Sweet Chin Music Shawn hit after the match on Taker was hilarious because I'm pretty sure that was a tactic the guys backstage were using to try and at least make Shawn look like the Heel in the match, however it kinda backfired. The Crowd were so surprised they cheered because we all know Shawn is the Underdog at Wrestlemania, He isn't expected to Win... Even if Taker didn't have a Mania streak you'd still say Shawn was the Underdog because he's facing the God Damn Undertaker.

The Diva Tag team match was pretty damn stupid as well, Melina won... She's Champ, what the **** did that prove? Especially when she won with a Roll-Up. And yes we all noticed that both Layla and Kelly Kelly did **** all in the match, neither of them got tagged in.

Triple H's little Cage trap with Cody was nice little swerve, I mean we all knew that Legacy would get involved once Orton delivered his "Orton Law" promo but man I was hoping Trips would leave Cody a Bloody mess in the middle of the cage. Just savagely destroy him with Sledgehammer shot after another. Have Triple H Systematically pick off both Underling members of Legacy before Mania leaving Orton all alone, But you know whatever... When Triple H was sitting on the cage I was really hoping the guys backstage would be ****s and start raising it.

Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler, I Still don't get what the **** was the point of Ziggler's character. Anyway he jobbed out to Rey who plans to take on JBL at Mania for the IC Gold, heh strange how the two notable champs a few years ago maybe fighting it out for Mid-Card Gold just a few years later.

Jericho, well after all that building and fantastic promos delivered by all parties we're getting a 3 on 1 match at Wrestlemania huh? ****! Dammit I'm hoping Austin comes in and at least Stunners' Jericho. Well we have 2 more shows until Mania so anything could happen until then. I will dead set shit a Continent if Mickey gets out of his Seat and hits the Ram Jam on Jericho. I'm pretty sure the entire Arena would mark out as well if that were to happen.

That 6 Man Tag match was pretty good actually, I enjoyed it anyway. Mark Henry didn't do all that much at all and Punk only got tagged in to win the match. I still think Punk will win but I sure as hell hope someday Shelton finally wins the damn thing, He's freaking Awesome.

As for the Edge, Show and Vickie Love triangle, this has to be the worst Acting you will ever see... EVER. Was it me or did Show look really uncomfortable kissing Vickie again close up this time? You know if they keep pushing this who "really" love Vickie crap she may Turn on Edge at Mania and cost him the match and let Show win it... Which would be fine by me because I think Show is Great.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

At first i thought they were trying to make HBK the heel. then i realised they wouldnt try that in his hometown. plus mania is also in texas, making it a match with two good guys. yay...

I did quite like the cage trap, nd i think i remember king or cole saying 'its a trap' or something along those lines.

I also look forward to the end of the vickie edge relationship.. It does help his character and I'm not really tired of it yet , but it feels as thought it's been a LONG time.. in fact I'm gonna go wiki it to see how long he's bee using her
Old 19 Mar 2009, 05:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

I can't see anyone but Cena winning this as Orton will prob take the win over Trips, at least he should. So they need the face victory in there. That being said eventually I'd like another Big Show title run. Show should bring back his cobra clutch back breaker move though that he used when he was ECW champ, that move was the shit.

Old 19 Mar 2009, 07:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

I'd really like to see heels win both main events.
I watched ECW.
Not much went on.
I really enjoy the commentary on ECW. Matt striker is just great. Him and T-Grish are a good team

I'm starting t get sick of the constant replays and fillers on the weekly shows. My brother doesn't really watch wwe anymore although he will occasionally watch and episode and be pretty much completely filled in by the raw rebound. orton's storyline has been awesome, but if i watch raw, I don't want to have to watch the same segment replayed on ecw the next day and smackdown the next day.

The john cena return promos were the most guilty of being spammed at us, and recently it's been the orton saga and now it's also getting to be the 12 rounds trailers.

Bourne returned to essentially squash noble in a solid match. I really like Bourne ( side note, he's really fun to play as in SDvRaw09) Evan did some pretty cool moves.an especially cool hurricanrana where he springboarded off the ropes. shorlty after winning with another wonderful shooting star press.

I'm looking forward to the Tyson Kidd v Evan Bourne feud they appear to be setting up.

Swagger came out and didn't really say anything. He kinda just gloated about how good he is then left.
He wasn't on the show last week and not on the card this week....wtf.... They are wasting him.. I am confused as to why they are doing this....They appear to have no plans for him at mania.

If Swagger get's Lashley'd I will riot.

I'm growing tired of teddy's silliness. He is a simple, not very entertaining face GM.

When JBL retires I'd really like to see him in a GM spot

an ok match from finlay and Burchill. I kinda like how burchill has been using the elijah express lately.
I also liked that hornswaggle and the shileighleigh didn't really effect the match. I'm SO sick of swoggle distracting the ref and finlay hitting them with it. ruins almost every finlay match. was glad not to see that this week

then dirt sheet. primo challenged for a unification a match. Twas a pretty childish and silly segment but I'm glad to see that miz and morrison are getting both belts. finally morrisons taunt will make sense.
Old 20 Mar 2009, 04:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

I just got foxtel IQ and recorded smackdown. posting my thoughts as i watch it.

HHH started his promo in a funny way. He kinda broke kayfabe when he said 'HHH and stephanie mcmahon are actualy married in real life'

I laughed pretty hard when he said 'in real life'
HHH cut a promo on 'orton rko'd my wife....that was mean' He got pretty mad.

'Randy orton you are the disease. and I am the cure!!!' - HHH
'Crime is a disease. meet the cure' - a poster for a sly stallone movie

I really dont like vladimir in the ring anymore. he did some cool stuff when he was killing jobbers and chain wrestling, but now i see him as another big sloppy guy.

It's also interesting to see what they're doing with vlad atm. it feels like since his loss to HBK, he's just been losing matches against main eventers.

Edge vickie raw replay. . . . *yAy*

wrestlemania promo

MVP gets a shot at US title. cool.
shelton hit a kitchen sink and it looked cool cos mvp didnt flip and roll

I was hoping MVP had stopped using the playmaker. I just don't like it. I don't see how it hurts the opponent. tis a silliy move.

I caught a glimpse of what i think was a'the guy behind me can't see' sign during the HBK match

I'm really sick of this vickie edge show love story. i truly hate it

Hardy v Hardy is gonna be extreme rules. sweet.
Kendrick's jackets are just so awesome. I want one.

Jeff really wailed on zeke with the chair.
the alleyoop on kendrick by hardy is great.
jeff went for a twist of fate onto the chair. it looked really awkward and wrong. Jeff didn't think it through.
Jef should stop using the twist of fate. It's rude. That's Matt's only finisher and Jeff doesn't even win with it

undertaker vs JBL
JR announced during JBL's entrance, that rey challenged and JBL accepted
rey and jbl at mania for IC gold. cool
Bradshaw's punches in the corner looked really stiff and awesome. Taker's didn't
it actually almost looked like jbl was gonna win. and then gogoplata. vintage undertaker

show and edge.
i literally laughed out loud when edge called show shrek. and laughed even more when edge ad libbed 'stop spittin on me'

vickie is in love with both of them. wtf....this angle is retarded

the winner of the triple threat will not only be the champon of the world. but the champion of my heart........what if cena wins......fml

this segment is really awkward. I really don't like it
getting very childish now....

BIGSHOW PUSHED VICKIE OVER.

edge then accidently speared her for the hundredth time.
then bigshow picked her up. edge took her. show took her back. edge chop blocked show who dropped vickie, got up and chokeslammed edge.

credits
Old 20 Mar 2009, 07:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
....Bang

Well just sitting back watching the 500th Episode of SmackDown!

Here we go with Triple H walking out to the ring to deliver his usual kayfabe like promo. "Yeah you knew we were married" standing around looking all serious face and how stupid his hair looks wet, then he goes and steals the Tag line from That Stallone movie "Cobra", Claiming Orton is the Disease and he is the Cure, I actually laughed at how cheesy it sounded. Then JR repeated it and I laughed more.

Vladimir vs. Triple H.
Well ever since Vladimir lost his streak he's basically become a High Profile Jobber. Sure the man can grapple well but the man can't strike for shit or put on a decent match together. His Running headbutt now looks like a Running Shove and still the commentators put it over as some ridiculously debilitating move. Hunter wins in a pretty lackluster match with the Pedigree... The match went for like 10 minutes.

United States Championship Match:
These two always have great matches, then again nobody ever has a bad match with Shelton. A lot of counters in the match but I am sick of seeing the head clash every week. Seems to happen about as much as throwing your opponent shoulder first into the ring post. MVP scores the win with a very poor Overdrive Playmaker.. Seriously what? Shelton has kicked out of better and more credible moves when his Title was on the line before but whatever, Suppose MVP deserved the win after his long losing streak. Hope this means Shelton's chances at winning Money in the Bank have greatly risen.

****ing 12 Rounds promo, Every ****ing show.... **** CENA!

God damn this ****ing Love Triangle crap, did they just Bleep "Bastard"? The more they push this the more it looks like Vickie may turn on Edge at Wrestlemania. Won't be the first time Big Show won a title at Wrestlemania with some administrative assistance. Their Wrestlemania match promo was put together pretty well.

Shawn Michaels vs. Kane
Again Kane another High profile Jobber but the man has been one for years and he doesn't mind at all. God Bless the man, not giving a damn about backstage politics. I'm still surprised the man said he would rather work with the younger talent rather and gave up the opportunity to be World Champion again, I at least hope the guy decides otherwise before he retires, would be nice to see the Big Red Machine holding gold to reward his loyalty. Shawn hits his God damn Super Kick out of nowhere again...

Then we are treated to more melodramatic Love Triangle Bullshit, **** this noise.

Kendrick vs. Jeff hardy
An enjoyable match, Hardy did the usual spots. This is like the 3rd time he as versed Kendrick and every time he wins. Hardy looking like Zombie Spiderman whooping the crap outta Kendrick and Zeke. I thought that Twist of Fate onto the chair looked wicked. Jeff goes on with his usual Swanton to win but I'm just glad that its now an Extreme Rules match at mania with Matt, it's going to be Awesome and potential show stealer.

The worth induction of the Von Erch family into the Hall of Fame, Good to see.

Undertaker, **** this old man talking in Not-so cryptic riddles with his stupid metaphors and analogies about how he is a Hunter hunting its prey. Zombies that wear Eye Liner say one and one thing only.. BRAAAAAAAINS!

Undertaker vs. JBL
Man those corner punches JBL threw at the start of the match looked ****ing stiff. He was beating him like Raw Meat on a Hook with the fists he was throwing. Then undertaker takes control with his slow meandering style of Wrestling were he kinda lazily transfers from one spot to another. JBL getting in a lot of offense in this match now, He's been working on Taker's legs for a long ass tie, JBL even puts on a decent looking figure four. Then Taker kicks out of the Clothesline from Hell then puts on his god damn Triamgle Choke.... The Devil's gate they call it, has anyone not tapped from that stupid move?

Never has Edge's Theme been more appropriate after Show calls him a Coward and he just matches out defiantly. Sure we're all sick of Edge's Character but you gotta admire the intensity he brings into his character. Then Vickie Guerrero comes out to ruin the fun and acclaims her love for both of them, yep this storyline has reach all time levels of stupid. A fight to win the Title and Vickie's Heart, dear god this has to end with Vickie turning on Edge for Show.. IT HAS TO END LIKE THIS! Edge's character needs to evolve into a independent psychopath like he was when he was taking on Undertaker in the Hell in a Cell match. (The one where he was sent to "Hell")

John Cena comes out playing the Straight guy and for once it is actually needed to level out the stupidity of the actual Storyline. This storyline is actually softening me to Cena's style of promoing which is a horrifying thought indeed.

Ugh this melodrama crap is just nauseating... Whoever wrote this needs to be fired

A really poor way to end the 500th episode of SmackDown!
Old 20 Mar 2009, 08:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
ASK HIM!

I hope vickie turns on edge at mania.
the awesome crazy edge would be the best right now.. the one that beat mick foley out of the company .

Is edge the only one other than taker and vince that has completely no sold a death angle only to return months later?

he was in hell... = dead.

another thing I'd like to see is a cena heel turn. I know it's unlikely but it could be a bit fun.

I am one of many people that is also tired of the 'devil's gate' hold. i have seen it broken up a few times in triple threat matches, but in one on one matches if he locks it in he wins.

Edge and vickie have been 'together' since november 2007. Thats more than long enough. I agree it is time for a change
Old 21 Mar 2009, 02:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Good run down of it Dante. I would also like to see a turn by Vickie with Show winning but I don't want to see Show and Vickie making out and becoming a couple. Edge and Vickie have already perfected that way of getting heat. I'd like to see Vickie turn on Edge but then Big Show leave her out in the cold the next night and Edge not take her back and get her out of it. I'm really over her involvement in the storyline.