ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Give Jericho an Oscar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2009, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Give Jericho an Oscar

You know not long ago Randy Orton went by his Legend Killer moniker for a while. Some young punk who looked down upon the Foundation of the Wrestling Industry as an opportunity to prove how he is the Best Wrestler to ever grace the WWE by systematically destroying Legends one after the other. Each week a new Legend fell victim to an RKO and/or Punt and Randy Orton climbed further up the pecking order that he is now one of the most prominent Main Eventer Superstars in WWE History.

Now Chris Jericho a guy that didn't get into the fast lane to the top worked his way to the top after many many years preforming the undercard of WCW and WWE. You can even note even though Jericho was the first Undisputed Champion and multiple time World Champion he is not as big of a Star as Randy Orton. To me he a transitional champion, his Recent Title Reigns were in no stretch of the word 'memorable' but his feuds away from the Belt have been sublime.

Now instead of working towards the Title contention he's doing his Legend Killer routine. Except he isn't Killing Legends to make a name for himself, he is disgusted by them, he is in complete utter distain that WWE Legends are selling their names to the highest bidder for a paycheck. Jericho doesn't make a big spectacle about dragging an old man out of retirement just to get a 5 minute beat down. No, Jericho delivers his venomous assault with a Microphone and his words alone sting more than 100 RKO's combined. In that past week we've seen Jericho verbally attack the likes of Ric Flair, Rowdy Piper and recently Ricky Steamboat. These promos alone have been a weekly highlight of WWE programming with me, especially the one he had with Piper were Piper got visibly emotionally involved with his Speech.

Why this works better than Orton's Legend Killer gimmick is that Jericho's current persona let's us get both sides stories. With Orton it was just him going around being a total dick and attacking the old retired dudes chilling out next to the water cooler. Jericho on the other hand gives reasons to why these Legends are pathetic and deserve the beating they're about to receive. But Jericho can make even the most lovable Wrestler like Ric Flair sound like giant Sell out. He makes these ostentatious claims and attacks about their personal lives that it's hard to believe you're actually watching a scripted Drama...

People cheer the WWE Legends out of respect but now that they're getting personally involved that they not only feel respect but a sense of sympathy as they're given a more human side to that man behind the mask or face paint. Quite a thing to see an Old Man just trying to thank that people that gave his life meaning getting beatdown for doing just that.

Well that was my little perspective on "Jericho's Legends are Sell Outs" Gimmick. Now the discussion points:

1) What do you think of the Storyline?
2) Who do you think this will end with at Wrestlemania? Flair? Austin? Rourke? or even Lawler?
3) What will Jericho do after this Storyline is done?

Last edited by Dante; 28 Feb 2009 at 09:37 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2009, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I'm still tryin to figure out why I should give Jericho an Oscar

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2009, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Just recognise how fucking awsome he is as a Heel

(Even though he already got the Wrestling Equivalent in a Slammy)

Last edited by Dante; 01 Mar 2009 at 12:29 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2009, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

No.

I decline to recognize this.

Jericho is one of the original Spot-Monkeys.

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2009, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Jericho is one of the original Spot-Monkeys.
He isn't NEARLY as bad as RVD was or Rey Mysterio is.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2009, 05:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

that list is not complete unless Jeff Hardy is on there somewhere...
Old 07 Mar 2009, 01:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK

i personally can't stand the story. i guess if they're gona do it, jerricho's best for it, but it's just too dam easy and obvious.

and no, i don't find him believable one bit.

i think he's taking this so he has a card on the big cheese decisionmakers:

'don't you remember when you had too many superstars that were title worthy and i sat back and shoved a banana down jimmy snuka's shirt to fill time instead of make a fuss out of not getting involved in any of the belts?'

'not everything i think is something i should say'

'Perhaps the noid should have avoided Adam West.'
-Quahog mayor Adam West
mtcal is offline   Reply With Quote