ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

MAC...on the state of the WWE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2009, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default MAC...on the state of the WWE.

I was just J.R.'s and it got me thinking...so I figured why the hell not...

J.R. HHH, Taker, Edge, Jeff...SmackDown! is set to be the flagship show of the WWE this year, in quality if not in name. Obviously they would never downplay the staggering success of RAW, but SD! is set to do big things for the "WWE Universe" this year.

Speaking of which, "WWE Universe" is nothing mroe than another marketing catch-phrase, and it stands to add name recognition for the newcomers to WWE and the younger crowd, but as a longtime viewer, I feel like an adult being forced to sit at the kids table whenever that phrase gets used...

I guess there will be no Staurday Night's Main Event for 2009...which is fine with me from a snooty fan standpoint, but not so fine when you consider the wide range of people it exposes to the WWE product who arent normally "Inclined" to watch...

Has anyone else noticed Randy Orton is getting the biggest pop of the night for the last few weeks on RAW?

I really hope the potentially wildly entertaining angle between Shane and Stehpanie over the running of RAW hasnt been 86ed...there was alot of potential there for something different and entertaining...

John Cena can wrestle. I would ask his detractors this: "Who else would be entertianing in that spot?" clearly Jericho wasn;t the man...

Speaking of which, Jericho has great potential just not as a heel who thinks everyone is a hypocrite...Why not let Jericho be Jericho?

This is a bit awkward but, either Cody Rhodes stuffs a tube sock down his tights or he's hung like an antelope...When the camera angle is right, its just like...Damn, then theres that then. He could tag team with the damn thing...

Mick Foley to TNA was actually a good move for business...

A Vince vs Bischoff match at Mania would make me climax...

Hell, speaking of the chairman, where is he lately? It's about tiem for him to make his comeback...its been six months, and again, nobody has been able to fill the void.

RAW is desperate need of a heel commentator who is a heel with the right kind of heat. Not Coachman who had heat because he was incapable...Not Adamle Heat...but legitimate Heel Heat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 12:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I sure as fuck hope MVP's losing streak is heading somewhere soon, Dude's lost too many matches to too many Jobbers and it doesn't really seem to be heading anywhere now besides just digging MVP into a giant hole.

Some sources are saying at the end of his Losing Streak He may turn Face...

God I fucking hope not
Old 05 Jan 2009, 12:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Orton is starting to reach Austin status as the heel you just can't hate.

I'm being real.
Old 05 Jan 2009, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Austin was a likeable Heel because he was relatable, A Beer drinking, foul mouth, Midde Finger giving, hard headed Texan that hated his Boss... How could he NOT be cheered?

Last edited by Dante; 05 Jan 2009 at 01:32 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 03:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

I agree with most of your post Mac except for your comments on Jericho.

When Jericho was himself as a fun face on his return to WWE he fell flat on his face. The hypocrite heel turn angle with HBK was what got him over again. He needs to stay with his current persona.

That being said he will still never be serious, long term champion material. This is for one reason and one reason only, consistency. Jericho is one of the most inconsistent performers in the WWE. He has a an amazingly hot feud and then a terrible one, a great match, then a massively mediocre match. He does not have any consistency and to be a long term champ you need that. So Jericho should be kept forever in the upper mid card and occasionally, when he gets on a roll, chucked into the main event scene for a while.

Oh and as for the whole Orton is awesome thing. I'm really intrigued by what will happen on RAW since Manu lost his match which was supposedly to determine whether he kept his place in 'The Legacy' or not. I hope they don't just brush that aside. I'm loving all this legacy shit with Orton being the bad arse pimp leader.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 04:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Personally I would say a major contribution in Jericho's Main Event Status inconsistency would be because of how he is booked. Seriously people like Cena, Orton, Triple H etc. have always been handled well when they have Gold around their waist (usually)

Jericho didn't look like he deserved to be Champion, He stole it. He got a last minute inclusion into the Scramble match because Orton punted CM Punk into the Mid Card and Jericho stole the Win off Batista. Batista then proceeded to go onto Cyber Sunday and beat the crap out of Jericho and won the title off him.

Now the only reason he got the title back was because they needed a credible Heel to face Cena at Summerslam for the Return match. Now Jericho actually added much needed credibility to the feud. That and they were originally saving for Batista v. Cena at Wrestlemania. So they had Jericho steal a fluke victory over Batista by luckily escaping the cage after he took off a steel ring and pummelled Batista in the head.

Not exactly the most convincing victories for Jericho but why couldn't he win cleanly? Because his moves are like his reputation downplayed. Walls of Jericho? Seriously nobody in the Main Event fucking taps to the Walls of Jericho anymore. The Lionsalt? Yeah right and the Code Breaker? His latest Finisher and several people have already kicked out of it. Including Cena who fucking copped a epic one at Armageddon.

Jericho is made out to be a bitch so he'll be handled like one, He may win the title if the situation calls for it but he won't have respectable reign. Frankly to me Jericho is the Greatest over-achiever in WWE History.

Only time he was made out to be a Badass was when he fractured Shawn's eye Socket and that was a complete accident. Although Jericho's face when he saw Shawn's eye during the match was pretty fucking priceless.

Last edited by Dante; 05 Jan 2009 at 04:57 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 06:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

You can explain away booking as an excuse to an extent. But there is a limit. Take a guy like Edge, hasn't always been given the greatest angles to work with. Making out with Vickie for instance and always coming in and stealing wins. But he is way over cos he puts everything into whatever angle he is given so he always comes out on top. Jericho, doesn't seem to do that anywhere near as consistently as guys like Edge do.

Equally Jericho is inconsistent in the ring and that has fuck all to do with writing most of the time. Cos alot of the time its in the middle of the match that Jericho drops the ball with countless rest holds and boring moves when he has an amazing arsenal at his disposal when he actually decides to use it and work hard in a match.

So whilst I agree that he has been given a bit of a rough run with booking post the HBK feud I still think alot of it is on him being inconsistent and not working hard enough. Guys can get shit angles and still look killer. People like Edge, Cena, Trips, Orton and HBK are all great examples of that.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

MAC, what up? Your fans have been anxiously waiting your return to the air.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2009, 04:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

I said I would make a triumphant return down in the KPWF forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote