ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The_One's Summerslam Youtube Review..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Aug 2008, 02:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default The_One's Summerslam Youtube Review..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/23H7JFgNrKk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/23H7JFgNrKk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Feel free to crucify me. Also feel free to comment and subscribe.

I know the quality sucks..But It's all I got.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 03:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

JUST STOP!

Henry as the ECW champ is awesome.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2008, 03:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

John Cens doesn't "fly around" anywhere.

The Khali/HHH Match was good, you wild.

Old 18 Aug 2008, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Did you say TNA's ppv>>>>SS?

Oh my god.

Old 18 Aug 2008, 02:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

lol.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Truthhh not all of us are as totally in love with the WWE as you. I swear to god I can't remember the last time you heavily criticized the WWE and they are far from great atm.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2008, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Truthhh not all of us are as totally in love with the WWE as you. I swear to god I can't remember the last time you heavily criticized the WWE and they are far from great atm.

WWE is awesome now, there is nothing to complain about. To compare TNA to WWE is crazy, to say TNA is better then WWE is just downright wrong, sorry One, but it is true. SummerSlam was a damn good ppv, all the matches delivered outside of the Henry/Hardy match.

The title matches were good, especially Punk/JBL. Trips and Khali was a nice match also, Khali was more than passable last night, and the hate he's getting is really getting laughable now. People just won't admit that the guy has gotten better, it's like he gives people a Napolean complex or some shit.

Batista/Cena was awesome...Nuff said.

Edge/Taker was awesome..Nuff said.

How could anybody compare Hard Justice to last night?

I don't get it.

Old 18 Aug 2008, 10:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

...I really love your energy....

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2008, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr(uth)iple H View Post
WWE is awesome now, there is nothing to complain about. To compare TNA to WWE is crazy, to say TNA is better then WWE is just downright wrong, sorry One, but it is true. SummerSlam was a damn good ppv, all the matches delivered outside of the Henry/Hardy match.

The title matches were good, especially Punk/JBL. Trips and Khali was a nice match also, Khali was more than passable last night, and the hate he's getting is really getting laughable now. People just won't admit that the guy has gotten better, it's like he gives people a Napolean complex or some shit.

Batista/Cena was awesome...Nuff said.

Edge/Taker was awesome..Nuff said.

How could anybody compare Hard Justice to last night?

I don't get it.
I can't argue that WWE shits on TNA, but lets face it, that doesn't say much.

Summer Slam was good granted and I can't argue nor would I want to about Batista\Cena or Edge\Taker. But Khali was not more than passable last night. He received the dodgiest looking pedigree in ages and his offence is mega lame. The only reason the match was even passable last night was cos Trips sold like a fucking champion and carried Khali's arse. Even then it was not a Summer Slam quality match.

Punk vs JBL was more solid than it had any right to be, yes. But it still was pretty fucking slow paced at times which made it hard to get into. The the ending was also weak. It came out of nowhere. It was solid yes, but for a Summer Slam card you would think we would get a bigger World Title match than a match where everyone knew Punk was going over. You'd think we would at least get an epic confrontation between Jericho and Punk. Or Batista vs Punk again to save Batista vs Cena for a time with more build behind it. Cos as good as that match was it could have been better with more build.

The title matches should be the main events, they should be huge with lots of build. But they weren't at this Summer Slam. They were solid but certainly not the reason to watch the card.

A better card could have seen Punk vs Batista again with a no interference finish or Jericho vs Punk. Then Trips vs Jeff Hardy or Trips vs...hell anyone else that was in that no 1 contenders match. Then an ECW match that actually happened. Then Edge vs Taker HIAC and Cena vs....k thats where I'm not sure, but I'm sure they could have found someone else solid to take on Cena aside from JBL. Or even a triple threat with Cena vs JBL vs Kane.

Don't get me wrong. That Summer Slam card was good, I don't regret ordering it at all. But it could have been better as the build and booking of the title matches was disappointing. I mean can you honestly tell me you thought one of the major titles might have changed hands? That was Summer Slam, I should have believed that all the contenders had legit shots at winning.

Old 18 Aug 2008, 11:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
I can't argue that WWE shits on TNA, but lets face it, that doesn't say much.
Well it's obviously, One doesn't feel the same way.

Quote:
Summer Slam was good granted and I can't argue nor would I want to about Batista\Cena or Edge\Taker. But Khali was not more than passable last night. He received the dodgiest looking pedigree in ages and his offence is mega lame. The only reason the match was even passable last night was cos Trips sold like a fucking champion and carried Khali's arse. Even then it was not a Summer Slam quality match.
Khali is 7'3, what kind of a moveset do you expect him to have? The only thing he should be doing is hitting people really hard, throwing them around the arena, and squeezing them to death. That is exactly what he does, he's slow, because he's 7'3 and weighs over 400 pounds. Would you like too see move around like Mysterio? Would you like too see him doing moonsaults, and topei's? Would you like too see him have mat skills like Danielson?" What the hell do you expect him to do, Doom? Explain, please.

Yeah, Trips carried him, but Khali did hold up his end, which makes him passable.

Quote:
Punk vs JBL was more solid than it had any right to be, yes. But it still was pretty fucking slow paced at times which made it hard to get into. The the ending was also weak. It came out of nowhere. It was solid yes, but for a Summer Slam card you would think we would get a bigger World Title match than a match where everyone knew Punk was going over. You'd think we would at least get an epic confrontation between Jericho and Punk. Or Batista vs Punk again to save Batista vs Cena for a time with more build behind it. Cos as good as that match was it could have been better with more build.
To slow? It's call telling a story, "them moving pretty fucking slow" was the only way they could've built to such a great finish. Everybody didn't know Punk was going over, which is why his reign is soo unique, because everytime he dfends the championship, the fans think the dream could becoming to a end. Which is why the crowd was so in to the match last night. The whole story of Punk's reign, is when will he lose, not if he will lose, and it gives his matches a great atmosphere. Last night was the best example of this.

Quote:
The title matches should be the main events, they should be huge with lots of build. But they weren't at this Summer Slam. They were solid but certainly not the reason to watch the card.
They should, but they don't have too be. When you have a conclusion of a year long feud like Edge/Taker, in the HIAC. It makes sense to have it go on last. When you have a match, like Batista/Cena, it makes sense to have it as a co main event. It doesn't hurt neither Champion,m if anything it gives the champions a cheap way to get over without so much pressure, that comes with maineventing a show like SummerSlam.

Quote:
A better card could have seen Punk vs Batista again with a no interference finish or Jericho vs Punk. Then Trips vs Jeff Hardy or Trips vs...hell anyone else that was in that no 1 contenders match. Then an ECW match that actually happened. Then Edge vs Taker HIAC and Cena vs....k thats where I'm not sure, but I'm sure they could have found someone else solid to take on Cena aside from JBL. Or even a triple threat with Cena vs JBL vs Kane.
Neither one of those matches make sense. HBK/Y2J have been feuding for months, the Bash couldn't be how it ended. They couldn't just have a Punk/Y2J title match. It wouldn't have made any sense.

Batista/Punk would've been a stupid move, also. Because you basically would have to end Punk's title reign, and plus it would almost certaintly mean another Cena/JBL match, which would also make no sense. JBL has been Punk's biggest antagonist, since Punk won the belt, they had to have a blowoff match. Punk also had to go over JBL strong and decisive, seeing as his 1st victory over JBL came off like a fluke. In order for Punk to get the "Fluke" stinch off of him, he had to beat JBL.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. That Summer Slam card was good, I don't regret ordering it at all. But it could have been better as the build and booking of the title matches was disappointing. I mean can you honestly tell me you thought one of the major titles might have changed hands? That was Summer Slam, I should have believed that all the contenders had legit shots at winning.
Well that doesn't make it a bad card, just means you over analyze the show, and kill your own enjoyment. I use to that, but now, I watch it like I'm supposed to watch it, like a fan.

Old 18 Aug 2008, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Damn it Truthhh...you convinced me about Khali now...
Old 18 Aug 2008, 11:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Quote:
Well it's obviously, One doesn't feel the same way.

Khali is 7'3, what kind of a moveset do you expect him to have? The only thing he should be doing is hitting people really hard, throwing them around the arena, and squeezing them to death. That is exactly what he does, he's slow, because he's 7'3 and weighs over 400 pounds. Would you like too see move around like Mysterio? Would you like too see him doing moonsaults, and topei's? Would you like too see him have mat skills like Danielson?" What the hell do you expect him to do, Doom? Explain, please.

Yeah, Trips carried him, but Khali did hold up his end, which makes him passable.
All the matches on a Summer Slam card should be above passable. Its one of the big four. Also, I expect Khali to not wrestle. I hate overly big guys they are dull cos they can't do shit. But look at Batista or Big Show or Kane or JBL. They aren't Rey Mysterio but I still enjoy their work. Khali is just huge and unable to do anything other than the most basest boring big man moves. That is why he bores me.

Quote:
To slow? It's call telling a story, "them moving pretty fucking slow" was the only way they could've built to such a great finish. Everybody didn't know Punk was going over, which is why his reign is soo unique, because everytime he dfends the championship, the fans think the dream could becoming to a end. Which is why the crowd was so in to the match last night. The whole story of Punk's reign, is when will he lose, not if he will lose, and it gives his matches a great atmosphere. Last night was the best example of this.
I thought the finish was lame. Punk pulled the GTS out of his arse. It was the worst bit of the match. The slow pace of the match was ok early but I think matches should build up in speed towards a frenetic finish. Take Cena Vs Batista again as this was a great match. They started out a little slow but by the end of it they were ripping along with counters and moves, it felt faster paced than JBL vs Punk and I think JBL vs Punk could have done from a bit of that towards the end.

Quote:
They should, but they don't have too be. When you have a conclusion of a year long feud like Edge/Taker, in the HIAC. It makes sense to have it go on last. When you have a match, like Batista/Cena, it makes sense to have it as a co main event. It doesn't hurt neither Champion,m if anything it gives the champions a cheap way to get over without so much pressure, that comes with maineventing a show like SummerSlam.
I agree with the positioning of all the matches of the card. I just think that the title matches could have been booked better with better build and better challengers. Wasn't necessarily arguing with their place on the card just before those two definite main event level matches.

Quote:
Neither one of those matches make sense. HBK/Y2J have been feuding for months, the Bash couldn't be how it ended. They couldn't just have a Punk/Y2J title match. It wouldn't have made any sense.

Batista/Punk would've been a stupid move, also. Because you basically would have to end Punk's title reign, and plus it would almost certaintly mean another Cena/JBL match, which would also make no sense. JBL has been Punk's biggest antagonist, since Punk won the belt, they had to have a blowoff match. Punk also had to go over JBL strong and decisive, seeing as his 1st victory over JBL came off like a fluke. In order for Punk to get the "Fluke" stinch off of him, he had to beat JBL.
Jericho could have still been in the segment with HBK and then gone on to fight for the title and thrown in a line in his promo about how he was going to win the title later that night and have a more succesful and memorable reign than Shawn ever could. Then you could have the HBK vs Jericho feud continue when Shawn causes a distraction giving Punk the win or with Punk just winning clean and Jericho and HBK continuing to feud afterwards.

Just cos Batista lost once to Punk it wouldn't destroy him. Much like Cena losing to Batista is not going to destroy him. As for the JBL blow off match. I see where your coming from but I'm not sure that Summer Slam was the place to have it. I don't know why, it just didn't have that much of a big match feel to it for me. Could be the over analyzing, could be problems with the build up, I'm not sure.

You have a valid point about Cena having only one other valid opponent in JBL and that could say something about the lack of main event talent on RAW that there is no one else that Cena can feud with. I'm sure they could have figured something out for him though.

Quote:
Well that doesn't make it a bad card, just means you over analyze the show, and kill your own enjoyment. I use to that, but now, I watch it like I'm supposed to watch it, like a fan.
I prob do over analyze it and think about backstage things too much. But I'm sure there are alot of other smart wrestling fans who do that now and its good when the WWE tries to combat that a bit.

Old 19 Aug 2008, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
All the matches on a Summer Slam card should be above passable. Its one of the big four. Also, I expect Khali to not wrestle. I hate overly big guys they are dull cos they can't do shit. But look at Batista or Big Show or Kane or JBL. They aren't Rey Mysterio but I still enjoy their work. Khali is just huge and unable to do anything other than the most basest boring big man moves. That is why he bores me.
So you expect every match is supposed to be a classic, just because it's SummerSlam? You have to take in account, on how absurd that logic is. If every match was, like you want too be, you would have the crowd burned out by the top of the second hour. It's alll about pacing the show, and building to a great mainevent to end the night. That is how the show was last night, every match did whwt oit was supposed to do. Keep the crowd alive, and gave the show great momentum, so that when the Cell match came the crowd would give it the proper attention it deserved, and popped at the spots Edge/Taker were building too.

Khali is good at what he does, he's a "Overly big guy", with a overl big guy offense. He's no Show, but he's not supposed to be a Show. Khali is a freak show, WWE sell him on his freakish size, he only has to be compotent in the ring and follow the more experienced workers, and not fuck up. That's what he does, it's easy too book him that way. Start asking him to be a top notch performer, you're asking for trouble. Fuck the idiotic "he can't wrestle" chants he gets. Cena and Batista have gotten the same retarded chant from smarkish dipshits. Look how they turned out.

Quote:
I thought the finish was lame. Punk pulled the GTS out of his arse. It was the worst bit of the match. The slow pace of the match was ok early but I think matches should build up in speed towards a frenetic finish. Take Cena Vs Batista again as this was a great match. They started out a little slow but by the end of it they were ripping along with counters and moves, it felt faster paced than JBL vs Punk and I think JBL vs Punk could have done from a bit of that towards the end.
How was the finish lame? Punk took everything JBL had, found a opening and hit the GTS. That's just a good finish, simple and too the point.

Quote:
I agree with the positioning of all the matches of the card. I just think that the title matches could have been booked better with better build and better challengers. Wasn't necessarily arguing with their place on the card just before those two definite main event level matches.
All the matches had good stories behind them. What makes it even more impressive, is the creative team had 3 weeks to put together this card, and it still came off awesome.

Quote:
Jericho could have still been in the segment with HBK and then gone on to fight for the title and thrown in a line in his promo about how he was going to win the title later that night and have a more succesful and memorable reign than Shawn ever could. Then you could have the HBK vs Jericho feud continue when Shawn causes a distraction giving Punk the win or with Punk just winning clean and Jericho and HBK continuing to feud afterwards.
If Y2J, did that segment and came out and LOST to Punk, it would've been stupi, and made killed the HBK/Jericho storyline. Because it would've knocked all the momentum Jericho has built the last 3 months, out of the window. I shouldn't have to explain this too you, the idea is stupid, not saying you're stupid, but the idea is just that.

Quote:
Just cos Batista lost once to Punk it wouldn't destroy him. Much like Cena losing to Batista is not going to destroy him. As for the JBL blow off match. I see where your coming from but I'm not sure that Summer Slam was the place to have it. I don't know why, it just didn't have that much of a big match feel to it for me. Could be the over analyzing, could be problems with the build up, I'm not sure.
Batista is the Animal, and the reason Punk is Champion. The last time they fought he beat the shit out of P[unk, if Punk came back and beat him, it would've been stupid and you would have to do something big to keep Batista with heat. So you might have to blow a heel turn with Dave. Which isn't a bad idea, but doing it bbecause of CM fucking Punk, would probably inadvertanely make Batista a face, seeing as everything he's done the last 3 months, the fans seem top love him for it. Another thing, if you pair Punk with Batista at SS, you then have to basically go with Cena/JBL again, and nobody wants too see that anymore.

Quote:
You have a valid point about Cena having only one other valid opponent in JBL and that could say something about the lack of main event talent on RAW that there is no one else that Cena can feud with. I'm sure they could have figured something out for him though.
Like what?

Pair him with JBL, is the only solution. Or pull the trigger too soon on a heel turn, which would backfire just like I said about Batista, if he lost to Punk on a show like SS. The only thing they could do that would make sense, is what they ultimately did, put Cena with Batista, and start building to a WM rematch.

Quote:
I prob do over analyze it and think about backstage things too much. But I'm sure there are alot of other smart wrestling fans who do that now and its good when the WWE tries to combat that a bit.
No such thing as a smart fan, we are all marks. I come to find out, the best fans, are the ones who don't post on message boards about the shit like we do. They have the most fun of all.

Old 19 Aug 2008, 01:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Tri
GAH!

Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.Tri should cut his own throat and bleed to death.
Send a message via MSN to Tri Send a message via Yahoo to Tri

I was singing Khali's praises MONTHS ago about him being awesome in the giant monster role, and Truth SCOFFED at me!
Old 19 Aug 2008, 02:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

I enjoyed the show. But you shouldn't have Khali in a title match, a 30 second world title match, and a promo, where there could have been a 4-4 1/2 star match on a Summerslam. You shouldn't have to WONDER about whether a WORLD TITLE MATCH can be 2 stars on a Summerslam. You shouldn't have to worry about a world title being given 30 seconds on a Summerslam. Or maybe I'm putting too much into the Summerslam name...But I guess they put out box anthologies for all PPV's.

But I'd probably give it a 7.5/10 after re-watching it. And yeah..Doing a match by match comparison between SS and Hard Justice..I give Hard Justice the edge 4-3. And I guess I'll go through it in detail.

Opener: Hardy vs. MVP/ Petey Williams vs. Creed- TNA Wins.

2nd Match. Intergender tag/Knockouts tag- WWE wins.

3rd match. Hardy vs. Henry/ TNA Tag Title Match ( Beer Money vs. LAX)- TNA wins by a long shot.

4th Match. Punk vs. JBL/ Lethal and Dutt- WWE wins by a long shot.

5th Match. HHH vs. Khali/ No holds barred Tag ( Christian and Rhyno vs. 3D)- TNA wins. I don't care how "passable" anyone thinks Khali was.

6th Match Cena vs. Batista/ Kurt vs. AJ- TNA wins.

Main event. Joe vs. Booker/ Undertaker vs. Edge- WWE wins.

Meh.

Hard Justice is a nothing PPV to TNA..Anyone who saw the 07 version called it one of the worst PPV's..ever. Summerslam is...Summerslam. It shouldn't be that close. I'll rewatch the Khali match to see if I can find what you're talking about Truth.

And after watching it again..Yeah..I don't see anything.

Last edited by The_One; 19 Aug 2008 at 02:52 AM.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote