ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

RAW 5/12/08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 May 2008, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.
Default RAW 5/12/08

So the build up to HBK and Batista was good...but the build up for HBK and Y2J feud is awesome...

Jeff's back...and once again I'm still claiming Umaga to be the next Kane...

Cena's back...from his movies?...

I hated the Regal thing at first...but it is getting interesting...
Old 13 May 2008, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Sounds like an alright show. I just want to watch for the HBK heel turn. That sounds fucking wicked.

Sounds like Jeff is not going to ever get out of the mid card now he's back. With his sights set on the IC strap again. Can't say I blame WWE, the kids a retard. Threw it all away.

Umaga needs to stop being booked like Kane. He's way better than that. Jeff should have beat someone else.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2008, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

You all do realise Kane choose to be Booked that way because he is a genuinelly nice guy and was more concerned with putting over the Younger guys like Matt, Jeff and Edge and all the other dudes he fueded and lost to rather than furthering his career. In fact like 2 years ago he was offered a World Title Run but he didn't really care too much about it, he was more happy putting over the young up and comers.

Now he's settled with the ECW Title and is fueding with Chavo, seriously Chavo Guerrero? I think Kane is really helping Chavo maintain himself in the ranks of the WWE because frankly Chavo's "exciting" in-ring preformances and wrestling persona is about as marketable as a free service to punch people in the crotch.

I find the guy to be rather admirable and shiney beacon of hope for this self indulgent egotistical busness when you make it to the top...

From the backstage reports Umaga is also a Stand-up guy too...

Last edited by Dante; 13 May 2008 at 11:04 AM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2008, 04:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Never Better

Troy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICKTroy is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Troy Send a message via MSN to Troy

Another note: Orton came out to new entrance music, a slower, edgier theme that fits with his new character. Vocals by ???.

I don't know what to think of it yet..

EDIT: Here's the new entrance in case any of you missed it...:
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ZKSP5cU6dM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ZKSP5cU6dM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Morrison on ECW, after CM Punk crashes into the announce table
.....I'd say he'd have to pay for that, but I don't think he can afford it.

Last edited by Troy; 13 May 2008 at 09:00 PM.
Troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2008, 05:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Just watched it. Was actually a lot better than it sounded on paper. Everything seemed to fit in well with the storylines and the crowd was fucking hot all night. A hot crowd helps the show like no tomorrow. Always gets me way more into it. My thoughts:

1) William Regal is getting hugely over as a heel. I fucking love all this GM shit he is pulling with the lights, the ref swaps, the evictions from the arena, the British anthem etc. It hasn't been done before to my knowledge and its a really clever way to get him heel heat. If he goes on to feud with Trips later I'm going to really enjoy Trips beating the shit out of him. Regal is becoming the new guy I love to hate.

2) I hate to admit this. But Cena was pretty good this week. Put on a good main event bout with Orton and had a nice bit of mike work in the opening segment. I also loved his skit with Mickie James with him pretending to be all serious and then making a tit joke. Simple, but funny.

3) JBL is god. I loved the special ref thing that Regal pulled on Cena, if I hadn't read the results before I saw the show that would have swerved me.

4) HBK and Jericho segment was great. HBK still seems to be face though. They need to make up their mind who is face and who is heel in this feud. One of them should definitely turn.

5)Cade turning on Murdoch was nice, especially after they were starting to win again. That being said, their win this week shouldn't have been at the cost of Cryme Tyme. Those guys need to be pushed and hold the tag straps next, fuck Carlito and Santino they can't wrestle.

6) Happy to see Rhodes and Holly defend the tag titles succesfully. I quite like the team in the ring and I only want to see them lost the straps to a legit better tag team. I don't think Carlito and Santino are better than them in the ring. Santino should just go on to feud with Roddy Piper cos that should provide plenty of what he is good for, comedy.

7) What the fuck is with Mr Kennedy? I thought he had a wrestling program with Regal going on, seems like they are moving away from that now and leaving Kennedy in the middle of nowhere. Meh, at least he got a win this week.

8) Jeff is back, I marked. I can't help it, despite the fact the cunt fucked everything up for his fans and himself when he got suspended, he is still entertaining to me. I hope he has actually learned his lesson this time and can keep clean long enough to get another big push. Match with Umaga was way too short was my only criticism. Didn't leave him with an angle either but meh.

9) Diva feud development? Who'd have thunk it? I think Beth Phoenix is fucking awesome in the ring and the same goes for Mickie. Melina is next best after them. So seeing them all involved in some decent feud action is a really good thing.

Overall this show was entertaining throughout. Nothing seemed out of place or thrown together, except maybe the Kennedy match. It furthered alot of feuds and had some nice skits. Didn't actually completely tune out for the middle part of the show, which is rare.

P.S: Orton's new music gets a big thumbs down, he can't do the hands thing to it which is wickedly arrogant. Though I did like the more edgy Jeff Hardy music.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2008, 06:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Loving the Regal character but like you I was also confused? I thought they were going to Pit him against Kennedy in some usual Boss vs. Rebel struggle, apparently that went down the shitter and Regal is content with just fist fucking the entire Roster.

I found Cena's toilet humour and innuendo rather boring, I dunno it just seems I've seen it all too many times before. However if they're working a small love interest angle with Cena and Mickie James it'll be interesting. Maybe it'll make Cena's character more relatable or something, Demi-Gods have Emotions too...

HBK Heel Turn? What fucking Heel Turn? You can't Heel turn HBK. Even if he walked out and called everyone in attendance a Dumb Cunt they'd still cheer the asshole. He admitted he was LYNG the entire time and then kicked Jericho in the face and yet... HE GETS A FUCKING H-B-K CHANT! WTF!

Also I'm also impressed with how they seem to be promoting Women's Wrestling rather seriously lately too. By the way, Beth kicked the motherfucking lights out of Melina in that backstage beatdown. One of the better beatdowns I've seen in a long time and it was so simple.

Carlito and Santino are wastded as side show rejects in the tag team division, both a far and away better Wrestlers than they're being booked as. Well Santino needs to act like a moron to complete his character but Carlito is just looking like Santino's back-up as of late and well that's just pathetic because Carlito is a genuine talent. Fuck how I hate the fucking DDT finisher these days, everyone has a DDT now as like a back-up finisher or some sort, at least 15 people on the Roster Use a DDT as a finisher or a signature move these days.

Kennedy is back doing what he did before he got suspended, kicking around the Upper Mid-Card. Everyone important is too busy in a current feud and anyone in the Mid Card to feud for the Intercontinental Title would just feel like a Step Backwards for Ken... It's a Shame; Snitsky was rocking some sweet facial hair growth though. Takes the focus away from his lack of Eyebrows...

I didn't think Murdoch and Cade's win hurt Cryme Tyme, neither tag team has really gotten a convincing won over each other lately anyway, they've all been surprise Roll-Ups. I don't even know any of their Finishing Moves anymore. All I know is that Murdoch has a Sweet Canadian Destroyer-esque finisher he's only used once... That and I like Murdoch's singing voice, it's different... in a good way. Either way that fucking punch Cade threw looked as stiff as Peter North's dick on a workday...

On Orton new Music it sounds like it makes him some crazy sociopathic emotionless android. I'm not sure the sound suits him but the lyrical content of the song really does. So yeah, I like his New Theme better than the old one.

The Main Event was good until it turned into a Cluster fuck. I was expecting to get a result from the match but you know whatever. Crowd seemed somewhat split. 60 - 40 in Cena's favour. I'm just gonna add Triple H and Orton look in fantastic shape lately. Trips doesn't have a Gut anymore and Orton is looking more Toned than ever. The lowering of the Cage onto the Brawling Hunter and Orton was a very nice touch.

Another good RAW episode

EDIT - Ohh yeah Jeff came back... In a fucking swimsuit, what a fucking Retard

Last edited by Dante; 14 May 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2008, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I thought Raw was great this week.

The opening segment with Regal was great and I'm really digging the whole power trip GM thing that have going with him,he's playing the role of it great and I'm glad he's finally getting some sort of recognition.

The stuff with Cena was great and I found the segment with him and Mickie hilarious(no suprise there).

The segment with Jericho and Michaels was awesome,I couldn't tell if it was a Michaels heel turn or not because the crowd was still cheering for him and I thought Jericho was going to be the heel in this feud because he's been edging towards a turn.

The thing with Beth and Melina was great and boy what a beatdown on Melina,definitely looking forward to this feud and I'm glad to see the women's division doing something worthwhile on all the shows.

I saw it coming before it even happened when Cade sucker punched Murdoch,they were a good team together but I guess it's good for them to split up and I always preferred Murdoch over Cade anyways.

The tag team title match was only the flaw of the show and I would rather see someone like Cryme Tyme beat Rhodes/Holly for the belts than Carlito/Santino,and this little feud Santino has going with Piper is boring.

Glad to see Kennedy back but I wish he would've continued that thing he had going with Regal,I thought it was going real well but apparently Vince or someone else didn't think so.

Orton's new theme music is pretty good but I still kind of like his old one better,I dunno I guess I just gotta give it sometime and then maybe it'll grow on me.

Solid main event and the whole cage lowering at the end was great.

All in all a great show indeed.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote