ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Michael Hayes suspended 60 days

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default Michael Hayes suspended 60 days

WWE Writer Michael Hayes was suspended sixty days for using illicit language in front of Mark Henry.

Hayes is said to have been out with Henry in a bar and proceeding to say to Henry that "He was more of a nigger than you are."

WWE suspended Hayes for sixty days without pay.

Credit...WWE Industry News, and TMZ.com

-------------

I obviously didn't bleep out the word, but really...Michael Hayes just called Mark henry a nigger. Think about that for second.

1. Hayes saying nigger doesn't shock me, I mean he was a freebird and carried around a huge rebel flag with him. So I don't see the shock there.

2. How the hell did Mark Henry not beat the hell out of him. I mean is Mark Henry the guy you want to drop the N word on?

3. If Henry did not do anything to Hayes about the comment, was he really that offended by it then? So should WWE have suspended Hayes thus causing this publicity?
Old 26 Apr 2008, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

If he didn't get offended by it...then Hayes wouldn't have got suspended...he obviously took it to Vince...and Vince took the action...
Old 26 Apr 2008, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC View Post
...Michael Hayes just called Mark henry a nigger.
Did he also call himself a nigger, or was he talkin about someone else?

Doesn't really make a difference to me, words are words, and it sounds like he was speaking in jest anyways. It was just an extremely frikken ignorant thing to say, and Mark Henry can't be blamed for being offended. 1 month sounds about right.

I guess Hayes is somewhat ignorant, because alot of the time, true feelings come out when someone speaks while drunken. He needs to discuss this with his peers at WWE, including Henry, and improve his mindset. "More of a nigger than you." The fuck?

Thumbs up to Henry for his self-control. He kept his cool in a tough situation and he made sure Hayes was punished. Fact is, he's not a nigger and he proved it.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2008, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

It's good to see WWE take a stand against racist actions, now they can take a stand on how they treat the divas...I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha Strongest man in the world my ass. He prob cried to Vince.........Michael called me a, a, a, a, a, a, a, niggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

No really that was un called for. I mean I would get fired at my job for it. But I give props to Mark Benry for holding his compolsure.............the above was a joke.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Apr 2008, 09:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

I don't think it would've been that big a deal, if it was anybody else. But Hayes already caused 2 people to quit, because they thought he was racist. So this really forced Vince hand. He had to suspend him.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2008, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

As noted earlier, a person by the name of Matthew Randazzo plans on writing a
Quote:
book on WWE called "Ring of Hell." It will be released in July by Phoenix Books. The book will chronicle the use of racial slurs on the part of WWE executives in the workplace. One WWE writer told Randazzo: "Brother Love and Michael Hayes would also routinely make racist jokes. I heard them use the 'n' word a few times."

Randazzo also claimed that a WWE production member asked him to release the following statement anonymously:

Michael Hayes 60-day suspension for allegedly making racist comments comes as no surprise to anyone who has ever worked with him. Since Stephanie took over the reigns of Creative, bringing him on-board after Russo and Ferrera left for WCW, Hayes has been a racist boor making n-jokes at every writers' meeting -- until one day that he was shocked and offended that Stephanie hired an African-American Writer's Assistant in 2003.

Stephanie called this talented young man in for an interview while Hayes was on holiday since she knew that Hayes being on the interview panel would have led to Hayes saying something racist and causing a lawsuit even before the African American candidate for the job was hired (every potential writer is interviewed by every sitting member of the writing teams of all shows in a panel format, prior to meeting with Stephanie). He was eventually hired.

When Hayes found out that an African-American was hired for the job, he thought that he was being ribbed. He said to someone who used to work at the WWE at the time who wishes to remain anonymous: 'Hired WHAT as a writer? I didn't know those boys can even write their name. Let's take bets on how long he will last here.' Needless to say, the African-American writer lasted less than 4 months at WWE Creative, with Hayes constantly burying him to Stephanie; and he actually made racist jokes in front of the said writer. The writer never made a formal complaint, which boggles the mind, and it allowed Hayes to continue on in his position.

Since the African-American writer, at least two other visible minorities have been hired by Stephanie, and always when Hayes is on vacation. Only one has survived more than 6 months, and that is current writer Dave Kapoor, who is of East-Indian descent. For the record, Hayes has made fun of him constantly whenever Kapoor isn't around, calling him and The Great Khali 'Our two resident sand-[n-words].'

Several other people within WWE backed up this and other stories regarding Hayes this past week.

lop.com
Wow...

Old 30 Apr 2008, 10:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- One of the reasons Bobby Lashley got a release from WWE on his terms, which lets him go to TNA if he chooses to, is because the feeling is that if he went public on his complaints on Michael Hayes, and there was some corroboration, it would make the company look bad. So WWE agreed to release Lashley on his terms on the condition that he does not say anything negative about the company.

Back in January, Lashley talked about "evil prevailing" in WWE in his statement on his official website regarding his departure from the company. "I can't go into details of this now but like I said before sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you, which has happened here. Evil has prevailed however like I said before if you continue your struggle doors will open around these people."

Additionally, one of the reasons Lashley moved from SmackDown to ECW in late 2006 was because Michael Hayes -- who was the head writer of the blue brand at the time -- wanted nothing to do with him. There were also rumors that Lashley had demanded to be moved to another brand. At the time, Lashley was saddled in a lame duck feud with Tatanka, who had just turned heel (and was fired three months later).

-- Michael Hayes is still being kept in the loop of creative issues in the company via e-mail during his 60-day suspension for using a racial slur towards Mark Henry during WrestleMania weekend, reports prowrestling.NET. Multiple sources believe that the more outside pressure Vince McMahon gets to fire Hayes from his job, the more likely he is to stand by him. The betting line amongst the sources is that Hayes will return to the company at some point. Considering that Hayes is still being updated on things via email while he is serving a suspension, it seems to indicate that they're looking to bring him back at some point.

Defenders of Hayes continue to state that he is not a racist, although several others say that he uses racist language quite often. So much so, that a few people have gotten used to it because its an every day occurrence from him. On source who has worked closely to Hayes said, "You become numb to it. It goes from being 'holy s***' jaw-dropping to being an every day occurrence." Another source who has worked closely with Hayes added, "It's not if there are more stories, it's how many hundreds of times people who have been exposed to him have heard him (use racist language)."
Wow.

Old 01 May 2008, 04:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Wow, that is one super Racist Dude...

This is clearly some bad PR for the WWE right now... Really really bad PR
Old 01 May 2008, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Fuck I never realized how much truth was behind this shit. That's really scary. I wouldn't want anyone like that within a mile of my company personally. But Vince will prob keep him just to say fuck you to the presses.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2008, 04:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Yeah, I think I underestimated the unadulterated ignorance of this man.

Bobby Lashley's release seriously should've been the wake up call for this company.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2008, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Let Yoda tell it, there isn't any racism against black people anymore.

Old 28 Jun 2008, 03:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Pitt Boss

Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Kool Aid Man , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Lashley was the shit and I hope he comes back.

He was, is the black Kurt Angle. A Kurt Angle back in the day. A real wrestler. Not a gimmick.

Kool Aid Man is offline   Reply With Quote