ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Raw thread...4-14-08

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Apr 2008, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Raw thread...4-14-08

It was a decent Raw.

I love how Orton no-sells everything now. Regal hit him with a coupel nasty suplexes that folded him in half, and hit a sick ass knee lift, but yet Orton manages to spring to life and hit his RKO. It's as bad as Cena overcoming the odds every week. God I wish HHH was champion, and fucking mauling everyone with his Sledgehammer.

Umaga and Jericho had a really good match. Umaga whomped him for nearly the duration, but a couple timely escapes by Jericho led him to the win.

Carlito and Santino are pretty good as a tag team. The Backcracker looked sick on London, cuz he flipped and landed on his frontside. Carlito looked like he just came from the center of a bukakke after his match though

HHH and JBL were having a nice match, until Orton ruined it I loved how JBL set Orton up for the punt, and Clotheslined his ass from HELL

Cryme Tyme is awesome.

I like Cade and Murdoch too. It's a shame it seems like they're heading for a split. If that happens, I'm sure Murdoch will be forgotten. He's really fuckin good in the ring...a great technical brawler. He'll never be pushed though, which sucks.

I like how Jericho has been instigating the whole Batista/HBK thing. It's pretty funny seeing him try to escalate the feud even farther. He got a nice super kick for his efforts too

Oh, and Burchill hit a nice curbie on Hacksaw. That was pretty sweet

Overall a solid Raw. My only gripe is Orton's lack of selling anymore
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm very disappointed in the "heel" champion overcoming the odds all the time.....he should be losing these non title matches, thereby making his wins at PPV's more impressive.....Regal carried him throughout......

I thought it was a decent show, but I wasn't overly impressed.....the title change was good....they always do a title change overseas......
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Looked like an alright show. I am GLAD JBL and HHH are in the title picture. Damn Cena, Damn and I am getting tired of Orton. Honestly there should be anther HEEL stable on Raw. Stables make everything more interesting and bring the ratings up.
Tombstone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Truth said it. I said it. It can't be denied. They're using the same formula they used on Cena for Orton. My main gripe with this is that it worked for Cena's character, but with Orton, being a heel, it just comes across badly. It kills the crowd. Man, they were begging for Cena to show up at the end of that show and give them something to go home and jack about. They got nothing. Regal and Matt both gave outstanding performances and got shit for it. Lame. Please god get that fucking belt onto Trips ASAP.

Also, JBL isn't doing it for me this time around. He used to be this kind of arrogant dick head wrestling god. Now he's just so average. He shouldn't be trying to bully people into doing things. It makes him look lame. He used to just act like everything belonged to him. Now he's going around, staring at stuff, being boring. What the hell. This guy was gold in his last run, spent 2 years killing people on the mic, and now he's just complaining and being bitchy??? JBL, act like you deserve their praise!

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Regal beat the ever loving shit out of Orton, but he still hit bthat damn RKO out of nowhere, this is getting sad. Regal dropped him on his fucking head 3 times, and he still no sold it all.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Apr 2008, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Yeah even I'm starting to get confused about this shit now. Its not like Cena in that Cena got beat up every week then defied the odds at the PPV with the victory sequence. But the one move KO thing is a bit shit. Its not like Orton doesn't have a whole lot more in his arsenal, why he ain't being allowed, or is deciding not to use it, I don't know.

To say that he is being carried through these matches is crap though. Orton can sell well just in taking vicious moves in a certain way he is doing a good job of selling and doing his part in the matches.

But yeah, I'm starting to agree on this constant finisher out of nowhere, super man esque shit.

Still a big fan of Orton and all his heel shit. But his matches need to stop continually having this recent trend to them.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 11:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
...why he ain't being allowed, or is deciding not to use it, I don't know.
Easy answer. Vince doesn't trust Randy. lmao.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 16 Apr 2008, 07:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

The funny thing is, heels usually carry the matches, or at least get the majority of the offense in. I guess you can say Regal is a heel, but not in England he wasn't...and he carried Orton.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

I don't believe in the carrying bull shit. If Randy couldn't sell those suplexes and take them properly then the match would have been shit. So I don't think Regal carried him that much.

Also, If Vince doesn't trust Randy why the fuck has he had the title for the past, nearly a year, and been put over all the major guys in the company. I don't think thats the explanation.

Old 18 Apr 2008, 11:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I don't believe in the carrying bull shit. If Randy couldn't sell those suplexes and take them properly then the match would have been shit. So I don't think Regal carried him that much.
William Regal is a great, long time wrestling legend who began his career at only 15 years old. William Regal got a retard over. All Randy is expected to do is look like he's hurt, because it does not take very much for somebody to "properly" take any move from a wrestler as talented and experienced as William Regal. What is referred to as no-selling is when a guy gets beat on for a match, then blows up out of nowhere and nails a move without looking like any damage has been done, then walks off

Quote:
Also, If Vince doesn't trust Randy why the fuck has he had the title for the past, nearly a year, and been put over all the major guys in the company. I don't think thats the explanation.

Nearly a year??? See, when you say things like that, it really delegitimizes your arguments. At least have your timing and facts in place. But since all your points are based on emotional rants like "I don't believe this" and "I don't think that" it really just shows a basic lack of understanding of what's going on in the first place. I can't really help what you want to believe, that's all up to you. But what I can do is lay out a factually based series of actions to prove my points and have a solid base for my stance. Next monday on RAW, when Randy's in a match and he gets taken apart by some wrestler, then out of nowhere he explodes into the RKO and walks off, my evidence for Vince's not wanting to expose Randy will only be proven further. Vince doesn't trust Randy. But hey, don't feel too bad, Vince didn't trust Benoit either.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 18 Apr 2008, 08:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Orton has had the title for over 6 months. He has gone over top talent to keep it. If Vince didn't trust Orton someone else would have the belt by now. Orton would have dropped it by now, much like Benoit dropped it really quickly.

As for the Orton and Regal match. Orton did sell the moves. When he took the suplex that folded him up he grabbed his back and slid to the outside to try and recover. So he sold the individual moves, he just didn't sell the prolonged damage thing as much as he should have. I'm starting to get annoyed with his current RKO out of nowhere thing, but its not cos Randy can't wrestle. Randy was wrestling good matches with HBK, Jeff Hardy, Jericho and Triple H before this recent trend with the out of nowhere RKO thing.

So yeah, I don't see how factually you have proven that Vince doesn't trust Randy yet. Regardless of what my opinions are. I think Orton or creative have decided to take Randy's matches in a new direction. Possibly to turn him face, or have him as a tweener, which is bad. But I don't think there is anything there to say that Vince doesn't trust him.

Old 19 Apr 2008, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

^You're right. When champ isn't even out promoting the product, clearly Vince has faith in him

Or when "creative" has to do something different with him because he's not over as a heel. Yeah. C'mon man, are you like really 14 or something? I'm beginning to suspect it...

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 19 Apr 2008, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Forget them trying to recreate Cena's run from last year using Orton right now.

What is happening is they are trying to recreate DDP at the top of his game through Orton.

Think about it...Page even said he gave orton the permission to use the Diamond Cutter in that interview from the other thread.

So in WCW when Page was getting popular, he became a face...they booked him as a guy getting his ass beat the entire match, but he had that one thing..the Diamond Cutter, he could hit it anytime, anywhere. DDP could get his ass beat for thirty minutes then BAM...Diamond Cutter and the match was over.

This is what they are doing with Orton..but the difference is that Orton is a heel, and it is not the same...the heel should not be getting his ass beat the whole match...he should not get owned in the match and be able to hit that one move out of nowhere to win it...That is a babyface tactic...It is obvious that they will probably try to turn Orton face at some point...which will fail like last time..however with him being a heel and being booked like DDP when he was a face, well it just won't work and this is why orton looks so weak right now.
Old 19 Apr 2008, 06:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Exo, why the fuck have they still got the strap on Orton if Vince doesn't have faith in him? Seriously? That is the one question I want you to answer?

I think Orton is over as a heel, he gets heavily booed. I think they now want to make him a face, but it won't work. I see more credit to DC's argument than yours Exo.

Old 19 Apr 2008, 09:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
I think Orton is over as a heel, he gets heavily booed. I think they now want to make him a face, but it won't work. I see more credit to DC's argument than yours Exo.

You see more credit in my argument, because it is not an argument it is fact...go watch the late-90s of DDP and his run as a face world champ in WCW, as the guy who was always counted out, but he could hit that one move just like that...this is Orton right now...it's simple, wrestling repeats itself, and this is what creative is doing with Randy Orton...only problem is..Orton is a heel and it makes him look like a pussy, where as if he were a face then he would be the underdog who always managed to pull out the win.