ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Official countdown till Orton loses the belt.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Mar 2008, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC
Default Official countdown till Orton loses the belt.

Can you believe, it's been 177 agonizingly drawn out, painfully boring days with our champion, Randy Orton. How much longer can they shove him down our throats and expect us to accept this? I know Vince thinks he can force everyone to like him, but it's just not working. Can we please have something new and original instead of the same old tired "Randy Orton gets his ass kicked then somehow manages to steal the win" formula. It's insulting to think that this is what Vince thinks the fans want. This is the official thread to count down the days left in this low point in WWE history because we all know that his days as champ are numbered, and carefully choreographed to protect him from ruining his own career. Vince, give us number 13!

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2008, 05:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

What do you mean by 13?

If you mean HHH winning the title, it would be 12...
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2008, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Triple H 12th title reign is going to be glorious, too bad he didn't wrestle last night.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2008, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I thought 12 was when he held it for like an hour or something. Fuck it. Then he should win it, give it back to Orton, then kick his ass again.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 31 Mar 2008, 06:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
"Randy Orton gets his ass kicked then somehow manages to steal the win" formula. It's insulting to think that this is what Vince thinks the fans want.
john cena didnt do that forever?
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2008, 06:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
John Cena overcame the odds. Get it right. And don't use that as an excuse anyway. LMAO at Orton marks using Cena to try and justify the stuff they hated

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Old 31 Mar 2008, 07:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R View Post
No, John Cena wins were always believable.

You know I tried to no sell it, but I have to comment on this thing. Exo's beef with this isn't really that Orton won its how he won. It's obvious this was a "shock:" win and this is why they didn't put it in the main event slot. Orton was put over, because nobody expected it, plain and simple. It wasn't because the company is going to make him the star that Cena, Triple H, HBK, or Taker is. They did this in the worse way possible, and the reason behind it is they're trying their hardest to make Orton a major player. Which is all well and good, but at the same time they wasted Cena’s 1st loss and pretty much killed Triple H's character, just for an upset win that really did nothing for Orton. Most of the match he was getting killed by Cena, and Hunter. Then he pulled out the victory with a botched finish, so it made the whole body of the match seem pointless. He had to no sell a knee injury, to make that finish happen. The punt kick is a deadly strike, but it looked awkward last night, because Orton didn't get it off like he should have. Triple H sold it better than it should've been sold, which is why in the replay they just showed Hunter swinging his head more than the kick itself.

I don't think anybody would've had a problem with Orton winning, if it wasn't such an over exaggerated finish. Plus its wrestle mania, the only way a person should win the match is with their finisher, especially if you're wrestling for the biggest prize in the industry. Just stealing a victory with a poorly timed finish makes the whole thing look weak. Another beef with this is Triple H really deserved to go over, this is 4 straight mania's he's lost a title match, and next year he really doesn't deserve to be in it. It really hurt his character to lose this match, and it's not like Randy is going to capitalize on this thing like he should, if he went on to become a true superstar for the company then this was probably the best way to go about it. If he's the same Orton a year from now, and back In the mid card this was just a waste of everybody's time.

Plus, the hypocrisy of a lot of people is showing trough more than I expected, if Orton gets a Cena like run, will you people turn on him like you did Cena, Hunter, and JBL? Will you deem this the best title reign ever? When in reality this is the Cena run all over again, with Orton just playing the heel. Which makes it like Triple H's run 3 years ago, only not as entertaining, and he isn't booked half as strong as Evolution Hunter.

One thing is certain, the “Orton being held back" bit you folks have been yelling for the past 6 months, should be put the rest. This is run has been booked great, (despite botching your finisher at mania) the question is though...Will Orton make the most out of it? Did Cena and Hunter do the right thing? I don't think so, but I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. This is going to be an interesting month for Orton.

Last edited by Tr(uth)iple H; 31 Mar 2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01 Apr 2008, 01:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

I think this is great and I think Vince gave the win to Orton cos he wants him to get over as a major player as well as for shock value, but not shock value alone.

I think Orton can get over as a major player. I think he is already well on his way.

As for will I turn on Orton having a huge title run to the level that Cena did. Yes. I don't believe in over a year title reigns. I think a really good long title reign should go for about 9-10 months.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Can you believe, it's been 177 agonizingly drawn out, painfully boring days with our champion, Randy Orton. How much longer can they shove him down our throats and expect us to accept this? I know Vince thinks he can force everyone to like him, but it's just not working. Can we please have something new and original instead of the same old tired "Randy Orton gets his ass kicked then somehow manages to steal the win" formula. It's insulting to think that this is what Vince thinks the fans want. This is the official thread to count down the days left in this low point in WWE history because we all know that his days as champ are numbered, and carefully choreographed to protect him from ruining his own career. Vince, give us number 13!
I've posted simular threads except with Cena's name instead of Orton...

Even I'm surprised this shit is happening and I love it!
Old 01 Apr 2008, 01:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I think this is great and I think Vince gave the win to Orton cos he wants him to get over as a major player as well as for shock value, but not shock value alone.

I think Orton can get over as a major player. I think he is already well on his way.

As for will I turn on Orton having a huge title run to the level that Cena did. Yes. I don't believe in over a year title reigns. I think a really good long title reign should go for about 9-10 months.

All due respect Doom, that is fucking stupid. The longer the guy holds a title, makes it more credible plain and simple. Long title reigns are always good, unless it is like Hogan, where as the champion defends the title 0nce every four months. Cena did wonders for the title, Triple H did wonders for the WHC title, once Batista got it, the title lost it's value. Since 2005, Khali, Batista (3), Edge (2), and Taker (2) times has held the strap. Smackdown as a result has no clear cut franchise player. Raw has direction, Triple H created it, Cena perfected it, and Orton has become a good place holder. They all are bigger stars than the Smackdown top 3, that is because of their championship reigns.

Last edited by Tr(uth)iple H; 01 Apr 2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!

Quote:
John Cena overcame the odds. Get it right. And don't use that as an excuse anyway. LMAO at Orton marks using Cena to try and justify the stuff they hated
i understand what you mean, and dont call me an orton mark, im an edge mark. im only in favor of orton being champion, because i love watching Cena on the hunt. i was just pointing out that i find it odd that a Cena mark doesnt find pulling the win out of your ass after appearing to be done for a good play. give it whatever cute name you want, "over coming the odds" or magically winning when its un-expected, its all the same.
Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh View Post
Plus, the hypocrisy of a lot of people is showing trough more than I expected, if Orton gets a Cena like run, will you people turn on him like you did Cena, Hunter, and JBL? Will you deem this the best title reign ever? When in reality this is the Cena run all over again, with Orton just playing the heel. Which makes it like Triple H's run 3 years ago, only not as entertaining, and he isn't booked half as strong as Evolution Hunter.
I dont think what so ever orton will have the best reign ever, not at all. i just find...found.. orton to be a nice breathe of fresh air wile cena was gone, i enjoyed a new champion for a bit. i was never in favor for orton to be the champion for a long time, i actually figured him to be a transitional champ, jsut a step stone to the next real run. im honestly shocked hes been champ as long as he has, and him winning last night was a bit of an upset for me even, and im an orton fan.
Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

I still don't like too many uber long title reigns. Unless the guys are really sensationally off the wall and I don't think anyone of the roster falls into that catagory. The guys who do are mostly gone, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Rock, Taker.

Even then I think about a year is a good long title reign for a really top notch star without having people get over him.

Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Cena,Orton, and Triple H are all "sensationally off the wal"
Old 01 Apr 2008, 06:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Not in my opinion. Trips is probably the only one of those three I'd put in that catagory. Other guys in the past probably were. Such as Austin, Rock, Lesnar, Angle (in his peak before he drugged up and left WWE), Taker, HBK (but he's well past it now).