ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Flair's last victory?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK
Default Flair's last victory?

Seemed to be perhaps a chance of a send-off there letting the Nature Boy get the victory at the end.

It kinda looked in his eyes like that could have been it.

We all know how wrestling firings and retirements go, but if that's it, then I think that was a nice lil bone thrown there to end the run like that, and I expect a fantastic match at WM.

Happy Trails, flabbyboobies.

'not everything i think is something i should say'

'Perhaps the noid should have avoided Adam West.'
-Quahog mayor Adam West
mtcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 03:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

Randy Orton didn't look weak because Big Show had betrayed him earlier and left him for dead. I'm glad Ric Flair got to pin the champ, it was one of those great Flair moments that the fans just ate up. I heard someone say that they probably gave Flair that pinfall because they never got the chance to give him one last reign as champion. Sounds like it could be true. Him and Shawn should have a pretty good match, it's supposed to be the end of his career but you never can tell with Ric Flair.

On one hand, I don't think Flair should've dragged out his career for so many years. On the other hand, you have to admit, he's always been one hell of a contributor, even as an old man. Shit, he won most of his titles after his prime. The guy just doesn't get old. If WM24 is the end, then it's a fitting one. I hope Flair enjoys retirement, but I don't think he'll ever truly go away. And that's cool.
Can't just get one, bullets like Frito Lays for them..."

- Jadakiss
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I know what you mean about something in his eyes after that match. He did seem to look around and take it all in for one last time, the last time he'd have his hand raised in victory. It just seemed like a Good way to end RAW with the Nature deep in Flair Country Stylin and Profilin Wooooing his Head off....

Even though the match was a Cluster Fuck (on purpose obviously just for Wrestlemania Hype) it was a good enough ending for me. I am really looking foward to Wrestlemania this Sunday (Monday for me).
Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Yeah that RAW was fucking average central. But there were good bits.

1) All the hype for Big Show vs Mayweather was great for a change.

2) The tag match preview for MITB was solid as well.

3) The ending match made sense and wasn't dull but wasn't overly exciting either. Good to see Flair get the win, even if it was over Orton who is being made to look like a whipping boy.

4) Orton over all looked weak as usual. Trips and Cena glossed over him. He is being treated like nothing in this match and its really being mainly sold as Cena vs Trips 2 anyway. There was a great vid moment on the feud that summed it up for me. Trips and Cena were staring each other down in the foreground, and in the background Orton was standing there holding the title up, looking like he was thinking 'hey what about me?'.

5) Flair vs HBK segment was shit again. I like when Flair gets upset in his promos but he talks so much garbage now. The whole feud has been like this: HBK- "I respect you Flair but at WM I'm taking you out" Flair- "I don't think you respect me enough, I need you at your best" Rinse and repeat that in various ways. Its been a boring feud, but should be a good match since both men are going in as faces.

6) Fuck I can't wait for JBL vs Finlay. The storyline makes no sense but the match should be great. Even the preview as the two brawled up the ramp at the start of the main event was entertaining. I love how nonsensical the feud is though. Hasn't explained so much. Like why the McMahon's would claim with Finlay that Hornswoggle was Vince's bastard son. What did that achieve? What was it meant to achieve? Why does JBL hate Finlay for having Horny as a son? Meh, should be a good match anyway.

Overall, this RAW was average and didn't do alot to make me want WM that much more. But I'm getting it on the past few weeks build anyway and the fact that its WM.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Orton was standing there holding the title up, looking like he was thinking 'hey what about me?'.

That's so fucking true and Hilarious
Old 26 Mar 2008, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo-Spidey View Post

That's so fucking true and Hilarious

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Good call Doom.

How did you not like that awesome Flair/HBK segment?

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.

Last edited by Tr(uth)iple H; 26 Mar 2008 at 12:19 PM.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 01:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

I doubt it...
Old 26 Mar 2008, 02:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

I say Flair's last ppv victory will be at WM 24 vs HBK but he will lose to Randy Orton on a future episode of Raw or at Backlash.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2008, 06:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

The Flair\HBK segment was good in the way Flair went ape shit and got all emotional. But the actual dialogue wasn't that great. Flair was still claiming HBK didn't respect him and HBK was still claiming that he did.

The HBK analogy about Old Yeller was used in variation by Kennedy in his mini feud with Flair too.

But on the other hand was great to see Flair go ape shit and stomp on his jacket and toss it aside and then slap the fuck out of HBK. So it did have its moments.

Boston: I would love to see that happen because then it would keep Orton massively over if he took Flair out at Backlash, but I thi8nk out of a issue of respect, HBK will be the one to have Flair's last match.

Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
The Flair\HBK segment was good in the way Flair went ape shit and got all emotional. But the actual dialogue wasn't that great. Flair was still claiming HBK didn't respect him and HBK was still claiming that he did.
He felt HBK was patronizing him, and being condescending. He felt HBK came off more as though, he wasn't trying to hurt Flair feelings, and was actually showing pity towards Flair.

Quote:
The HBK analogy about Old Yeller was used in variation by Kennedy in his mini feud with Flair too

HBK did it better.

Old 26 Mar 2008, 07:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Yeah so what your saying is Flair didn't want pity and HBK kept saying he wasn't giving pity to Flair. That's whats been said in the feud the past few weeks. But meh.

As for the analogy being done better by HBK, possibly. But wasn't really that much different to what Kennedy said.

Old 26 Mar 2008, 10:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

It wasn't that HBK was "showing pity to Flair week after week". It was that Flair wanted HBK to treat him like he would any other opponent that wasn't Flair. HBK started off saying that he didn't want wrestle Flair, because he didn't want to end his career. Flair felt kind of insulted, that HBK was so sure he would beat him. HBK retracted his statement and said he didn't mean it "that" way, and accepted the match.

The next week HBK and Flair won a match together, HBK said he couldn't go through with the match and left, Flair gets offended more, because HBK is again insulting Flair, but it's very subtle and easy to miss. Flair didn't miss it.

The next week Flair and HBK have another confrontation, and HBK tells Flair that if he keeps asking for it, he's going to STOP FLAIR'S SHOW. This is was Flair wanted, than they tagged in the 4 0n 2 cage matches on Smack down against Edge and The Rated Rmy.

After that on Raw, Vince makes the hardcore match on Raw, Flair tells HBK don't get involved, HBK comes down and gets involved, he doesn't need his help, he only wants to see HBK in the ring at mania. HBK again, insults Flair and comes and help him. He’s again having a pity party for Flair (IE: Helping Flair, when Flair didn't want or need it), and Flair told him not too. This was a blatant insult, and it became more clear to Flair, but it was lost on the viewers because it was again, very subtle.

Which lead us to this week, and where Flair basically finally came out and said he was tired of HBK's pity and ass kissing? HBK was being condescending and Flair knew it, which leads to HBK basically admitting it with the "Old yeller" bit, and this was a blatant slap in Flair's face, which lead to a few smacks to Michaels face, literally.

It was a very strong booking scheme, which lead to very good hard sale for a blow off match at mania. When you add in the encounter they had in the main event, and the hall of fame coming this weekend, this storyline has been booked brilliantly going in to Flair's final match.

Old 27 Mar 2008, 12:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

K yeah actually when you explain it its a bit clearer. But it came across on TV at times as a bit confusing. The only insult to Flair I really got was HBK interfering when he was told not to by Flair. Then Flair blows up. But yeah I prob missed a few of those moments leading up to it, cos they weren't that clear on TV, granted.

Old 27 Mar 2008, 01:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

It was easy too miss, but in the last promo you start too see why Flair was getting pissed more every time he seen HBK.

Old 27 Mar 2008, 02:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Anyone who doesn't see the awesomeness in a Ric Flair's promo shouldn't call themselves a wrestling fan...Flair always GOLD on the mic...the only one that comes even close to Flair is Vince Mac himself...and that's it...