ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The_One's Official ECW/Smackdown Live Report.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jan 2008, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default The_One's Official ECW/Smackdown Live Report.

Not a bad crowd. Not as good as the one we had in August of 06.. But not bad.

Paul Burchill opened up against Funaki in the dark match. Burchill has some hot little manager he calls his sister..They had a little incest thing going on..Whatever. Mediocre match at best..Burchill with the win.

ECW opens with the 5 way over the top match..Kane vs. Morrison vs. Miz vs. Shelton vs. Dreamer. Crowd was hot for Kane..Dreamer got a nice response. Pretty dead overall for Morrison and Miz. Kane eliminating Dreamer first drew a big pop. Kane still works well. The finish with Shelton was pretty nice..and Shelton had a fair amount of heat for sure. Way short..But good for what it was. The One's Rating: 2.5 out of 4.

Body Contest: Kelly Kelly vs. Lena Yada vs. Layla: Standard bikini contest. Layla and Kelly are freaking gorgeous. Don't care for this Asian chick..Pretty ugly if you ask me. The One's Rating: 2 out of 4 just for Kelly and Layla's asses.

Kofi Kingston vs. some dude. Kofi looked alright..Not exceptionally special..And a little awkward all the way around. Crowd wasn't liking him at all. Kofi with the win on some finisher I didn't really pay attention to. The One's Rating : 1.5 out of 4.

The guy who gets killed every week vs. Khali...Totally lame..Not even really funny. Good selling by the kid though. The One's Rating: 0.5 out of 4.

Chavo vs. CM Punk for the ECW title. Good overall match. Nice chemistry shown by these two. I was actually shocked to see Chavo get the win. Crowd was as well. The One's Rating: 2.5/4.

Overall: 2 out of 4.

Smackdown.

Rey vs. Edge's Henchmen in a 2 on 1 handicap match. Nice match here. Rey is flawless. He's a spot monkey..But it comes so effortless to him..Beautiful to watch really. Edge's boys did their thing..But it was Rey's show for sure. Rey hit a sick backspring roundkick off the second rope knocking the chair into Curts face. Crowd was all over Rey. Good stuff. The One's Rating: 3 out of 4.

Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Domino. Pretty much standard fare. The crowd was liking Jimmy..But there were a lot of rednecks there. Jimmy with the Duke with a nice moonsault. The One's Rating: 2 out of 4.

Palumbo and Noble vs. Morrison and Miz. Well..The match never really happened. But the beatdown was sick. Noble knocked Michelle off the apron..They bought the stretchers out and all..Palumbo proceeded to beat the everloving shit out of Noble..Stiff shots all. He then threw down McCool and kicked her arm as he walked off. Crowd was HOT. Palumbo had mad amounts of heat. This little kid behind me was screaming..Oh God..Someone come help her...What is this world coming to. I see this new heel thing really working for Palumbo. The One's Rating: 2.5 out of 4 for the beatdown/turn.

I gotta say..You can call NC Flair country..But VA comes close. These rednecks were WOOING their asses off all night. It was hilarious. I had to join in a couple of times just for kicks. Good shit. By far the largest pop of the night when Flair came out to promo with MVP. Deafening. MVP cuts a hell of a funny promo on Flair. The pro-flair crowd was even rolling. You gotta check it.

Batista got a huge pop..And cut a nice short promo. Standard.

Finlay vs. Khali in a Belfast Brawl. OK. The match can only be won by Pin or Submission..Which Justin announced. Keep this in mind later. The two actually worked some pretty acceptable stuff. Khali hit a sick chair shot onto Finlay. Finlay took Khali to the outside and worked his ass with the shilleleigh and a chair. I mean he worked his ass over. The crowd was in a frenzy. Khali got cut open..And the match just ended. No pin..no submission. It was like it was first blood or something..I was like WTF. Oh well. The One's Rating: 2.5 out of 4 for the match..0 out of 4 for the ending.

Undertaker vs. Big Daddy V..Nice match between these two. V is a huge fuck in person. UT's entrance is still the best in wrestling. No matter how long it is. Loved every minute of it. Nice Brawl..Went from the outside back into the ring. V hit is signature splashes and slams. UT hit his DDT and old school. The finish looked hella awkward..UT locked on the triangle choke..And V must have tapped within half a second..If that...He had blood running all down his mouth. Looked incredibly fake to have blood rushing out of your throat when you've been in the hold for a second..Maybe. Still a good show by these two. The One's rating: 3 out of 4.

Edge vs. CM Punk in the Main Event. GREAT Match. These two lit it up..Great spots..Great Flow. Edge is over HUGE...I mean HUGE. There must have been two people in the stands minimum rooting for him..Me being one. It was great. CM botched his springboard clothesline off the top rope again..Great back and forth stuff from both guys..Good non-finishes..Edge gets the win with a nice looking spear after dodging CM in the corner. Edge celebrates as the show goes off the air. The One's rating..3.3 out of 4.

Dark Match: Batista and CM and Rey vs. Edge and his boys. Not bad..CM was really winded from working two matches before..and you could tell. Rey wins with a top rope splash.

Overall: 2.5 out of 4. Not great..Too many squashes and short matches for my taste..But there was a lot of good wrestling to be had..And the other segments weren't bad either. I had fun for sure..Can't wait for the next one.

Last edited by The_One; 22 Jan 2008 at 11:34 PM.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Good review One, what signs did you make?

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.

I made one saying.."Man..this ring should be SIX Sided"..I'm not sure it ever made it on TV. The seats weren't really helping..They weren't bad or anything..The arena is built great..Really not a bad seat in the house.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

I thought that was you with the "I came too see Matt Hardy" and "You're a Choad" signs. lol

Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

I wasn't able to see that many signs..I saw one that said.."We Think Batista Sucks"..."Edge for President".."Otis"..(I just think OTIS looks funny on a sign in all caps.).. I saw multiple people with the W O O O O O O O O O O...But thats about it.

Any time they showed Cena on the video packages..HUGE POP. Same for Hardy.
Old 23 Jan 2008, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Sound well worth checking out. I'm loving Chavo as champ. I was actually about to make a post about maybe giving him the ECW strap soon. He has wrestled fantastic matches recently and deserves a championship run.

CM Punk should be pushed up into the Smackdown title picture to feud with Edge up to No Way Out. Then he can alternate between ECW Title and World Title pictures. Giving him a solid push.

But let Chavo keeps the strap for a while on ECW, the man can wrestle, and him holding a sudo decent strap is a long time overdue.

Sounds like Smackdown is going to make me mark for Edge even more. Man he has been fun to hate recently. Such a good heel, surprised he hasn't drowned in his own heel charisma. I never ever ever want to see a face Edge again.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 02:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

They gave away The Edge/Punk stgory too early, they could've easily let it play out to No Way Out, but they did it all in a week. This might've killed Punk's heat for a while, but if the fans truly love him, like the net believes. He should be alright, this didn't do anything for him though.

Old 25 Jan 2008, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Just watched this on TV. Didn't come across as good as you made it sound One.

Rey match to start with was really solid I agree and the MVP\Flair segment was fantastic. But the rest of the show sucked a fairly hard amount of arse.

V vs Taker was pretty standard spot hitting and the selling of the spots wasn't great. I was never really into the match and the ending was shit house.

Belfast Brawl was crap all over. Some average chair shots and shillaleigh shots. Then a vicious beat down on Khali by Finlay which looked alright, but didn't look as vicious as it might have come across as live.

Palumbo's heel turn was solid. But sounded like it got shit all reaction from the crowd, which meant it didn't come through as strong on TV. Palumbo just can't act for shit. I don't care about him. He has a nice move set, but I still don't care. The heel thing could work better for him though, we shall see.

The match with Yang was solid, but nothing special, standard filler shit.

The main event was nowhere near as good as I thought it might have been. Punk hit some alright stuff, Edge sold it like a champ as usual. Then Edge hit a series of offensive moves that I could count on one hand ending with a spear to get the win. Not long enough, not enough decent offense by Edge. Mind you I think the reason Edge is as good as he is, is not cos of his move set, its cos of the way he sells and cos of his work on the mike.

I'd give the show a 2 out of 5. Nothing special, for the most part fairly crap with odd good moments.

Old 25 Jan 2008, 01:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Please tell me he hit the knee/Bulldog combo, I think Edge could sell that spot well. Doom you're right about Edge, the guy is so good at selling, and doing sneaky heel shit. That you'd never notice how much his offense sucks.

Old 25 Jan 2008, 04:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

He nailed the running knee to the head. But Edge was facing towards the turnbuckle so he couldn't follow it up with the bulldog. He followed it up with a roll up and a two count.