ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Batista's weak Raw debut

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Nov 2002, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Raw Superstar

ZeroE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ZeroE
Default Batista's weak Raw debut

Was it just me or did anyone else notice that the crowd was almost completely silent throughout Batista's debut match on Raw against Justin Credible.
ZeroE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2002, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
sucka

I thought the same exact thing. He is boring. He's Brock Lesnar with more facial expressions, and louder grunts.
Old 05 Nov 2002, 01:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

They played all those "Genetic Revolution" promos for that Raw match debut? They could have at least had him go up against someone a little more formidale than Credible. And the match could have been longer. All he did was hit him a few times, clothesline, clothesline, ram in the corner and then his sit down powerbomb. As much hype as they gave him, I thought he would have had an impactful debut. Guess I was mistaken for thinking WWE could do something right.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2002, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Just because he didnt get any crowd reaction doesnt mean he cant perform, acording to me, he did pretty well, as for fighting Justin Credable...it's his first match on Raw, it's only normal.
Old 05 Nov 2002, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Raw Superstar

ZeroE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ZeroE

I have never doubted the fact that Batista has pretty good in-ring skills. All I was saying was that it was pretty sad after all the promos they did about the "Genetic Revolution", he didn't make as much of an impact as the WWE had hoped. But your right saying that it's just has first match and the crowd reactions should get better in time.
ZeroE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2002, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
sucka

His in-ring skills arent the problem. Its his Character. Just let him be leviathan.
Old 10 Nov 2002, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

KLIQHOGAN is on a distinguished road

the crowd was so silent because he was fighting JC.
KLIQHOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2002, 04:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
R.I.P. Heath

Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.Stephie is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via MSN to Stephie

Thier trying to push Batista when Batista isnt ready to be pushed.
I agree with sucka he should be leviathan. He already has the body so I think he needs to work on his mic skills and he will do just fine. An they need to give him a better opponet then Justin-Incerdible not that he isnt good, but like the last time we saw him he was with the Alliance.

Stephie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 02:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
happygirl370

Being a huge Batista mark didn't keep me from being disappointed. I love the dude, but his lackluster debut saddened me. I had hoped for some sort of impact making debut.. not necessarily a match, maybe a run-in or backstage altercation.

Hopefully the fed will right this wrong. I hope he succeeds.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 06:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Anonmatel is on a distinguished road

They are building him slowly. i mean, Justin Credible for christs sake, he is starting at the bottom.

People complain when Lesner gets pushed too fast, and yet they still complain when someone gets pushed at the normal rate.

Give Batista time, i'm sure he will get longer matches and better jobbers soon.
Anonmatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Squideye

Quote:
People complain when Lesner gets pushed too fast, and yet they still complain when someone gets pushed at the normal rate.
Exactly
Old 11 Nov 2002, 09:45 AM   #12 (permalink)

BrockLesnar is on a distinguished road
Default Batista

I tell you what wud have been a good story for Batista: He shud have signed for Smackdown not RAW and he shud have been fighting the likes of Brock Lesnar and The Big Show other than Justin Credible....i mean whats he got to look forward to on RAW (fighting HHH WHOOOPIE!!!)
BrockLesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator Of Good & Evil

Location: Walking upon high, as I step to the edge to see my world below..
The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.The Wanderer , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Damn right...
Quote:
I tell you what wud have been a good story for Batista: He shud have signed for Smackdown not RAW and he shud have been fighting the likes of Brock Lesnar and The Big Show other than Justin Credible....i mean whats he got to look forward to on RAW (fighting HHH WHOOOPIE!!!)
Guess you're one of the complainers..