ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Randy making a fatal mistake or becoming a Locker room leader?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jan 2008, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.
Default Randy making a fatal mistake or becoming a Locker room leader?

A lot of people are looking at Randy Orton as a locker-room hero. Basically, he's the one guy who will stand up to guys like Triple H & Shawn Michaels.

For example, during the Iraq show, Umaga was getting new tights made, and the seamstress said he couldn't use certain colors because they were "Hunter's colors." Umaga insisted anyways. When Shawn Michaels saw the tights, he threw a fit (think about that for a second... a 40 year old man throwing a hissy fit over someone else's pants). Orton, then stood up for Umaga, in front of everyone.

A lot of folks backstage really hate Hunter right now, feeling he'll be friendly to your face, but bury anyone who gets over, not named Cena. A lot of people lost respect for him because Booker T was well-liked, and they feel the reason he went to TNA was because of Triple H's burying of him at SummerSlam. It is said that Hunter is less-liked now, since coming back from injury, than ever before. His remarks about Chris Jericho's return didn't help matters. Of course, nobody is willing to stand up to him, because Hunter is untouchable. Orton, however, has the sense that he has enough power at this point that he CAN stand up to Hunter, and people backstage respect him for it.

- WON

Uh oh... Back stage wars starting early in 2008, and it seems like Randy is either commiting career suicide or "breaking The Glass ceiling". This could get interesting. Can you imagine Randy Orton being the guy to phase Trips out? Me either, Don't bite the hand of the man that feeds you Randy.

Seriously though, this might be serious it might not. Eventhough I co-sign everything Trip does, some times guys have to stand up to the Clique. It usually doesn't work out to well, but some times you just have to MAN THE FUCK UP...That's what Orton did.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Orton fucking rules. Period. HHH can bury colors now. Holy fuck. Hair and mustache styles are sure to follow. The Dick Clique should realize that while they were sitting on their injured asses, Umaga carried the damn company with Cena.

Last edited by The_One; 06 Jan 2008 at 01:41 AM.
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 01:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Damn I'm truly the last survivor of TOWC:HHH...

The perfect timing to make political power plays in wrestling is when you're a cchampion around Mania time. You have a good hand to play with. So in that department, Orton has made a good move, but he's dealing with the 2 shrewdest mother fuckers in the business. He's going to need atleast one Mcmahon in his corner, and some big name talent to back him up. Guys like Taker, Edge, and Foley will probably back him. But if he's going up against Hunter, Steph, Vince, JBL, and Shane. He might as well start calling Dixie now, and that's fucked up.

I doubt Cena would even get involved.

Old 06 Jan 2008, 01:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

No..I still think Trips is the best in the business. But owning colors and shit is just ridiculous. Like it would bring him down a peg or something. Sure..He's earned his spot and no one can debate that..But thats a little much even for me. But for the hell of it..

Side Note: Umaga's tights probably wished they were on the ever resiliant legs of HHH.
Old 06 Jan 2008, 02:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Colors?

Come on Hunter. Come on Shawn.

That's retarded. That a seamstress would have been told who has what colors is insane.

Who owns black? Sting? Goldberg? Steve Austin? The nWo?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 05:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Trips and HBK have always had the biggest egos in wrestling and that's saying something. I don't actually find this hard to believe at all. Good on Orton. I really think he should defend at Mania, and I bet it it won't happen. Trips will get the belt and Orton will then get done by Cena like a roast turkey then Orton could really slide. I hope he doesn't though. I'm not overly opposed to Trips with the belt again but I hope once he gets it he doesn't hog it. I get the feeling he may do just that though.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 04:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.

^Trips probably doesn't want the belt. That way if business is bad he can just bury whoever is champ even if the show revolves around him most of the time.
Old 06 Jan 2008, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
^Trips probably doesn't want the belt. That way if business is bad he can just bury whoever is champ even if the show revolves around him most of the time.
That's a absolutely brilliant political move.

Well played sir.... Well played.

Old 07 Jan 2008, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

I wish HBK would go away. I'll start a chant...

H-B-K, Go A-Way!
H-B-K, Go A-Way!
H-B-K, Go A-Way!

Whatever, Trips owns the fucking company. There's really not much Randy can say. Umagas tights, lmao. These rooks need to understand the importance of brand dress and proprietary color schemes. No self respecting institution would allow a knockoff like that. Pick your own colors Umaga.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 11:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK

By the way, does anyone think that, they should get a proof reader, on these wrestling rumor sites, so they, don't come off, looking like completely braindead, illiterate, morons, who don't know when, to, use, a, comma?

'not everything i think is something i should say'

'Perhaps the noid should have avoided Adam West.'
-Quahog mayor Adam West
mtcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

He shoulda shit in his gym bag...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo
I wish HBK would go away. I'll start a chant...

H-B-K, Go A-Way!
H-B-K, Go A-Way!
H-B-K, Go A-Way!

Whatever, Trips owns the fucking company. There's really not much Randy can say. Umagas tights, lmao. These rooks need to understand the importance of brand dress and proprietary color schemes. No self respecting institution would allow a knockoff like that. Pick your own colors Umaga.
Never thought about it that way.

Old 07 Jan 2008, 04:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

WWE champion Randy Orton was recently interviewed by The Herald Sun out of Australia. Below are highlights from the interview:

Quote:
Q: What do you want to bring to the wrestling industry?
A: I'm young, I'm good at what I do. Hopefully, me being young and good at what I do opens the door for other people in this business who are at a young age and accelerating at a high rate. Talent like Mr Kennedy, John Cena, Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Brian Kendrick and Paul London.
I would like to take the game away from the guys in the over 40 club -Triple H, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker. It's at the point where their bodies are so broken down, they can't really hang with the younger guys. We have our injuries, we make our mistakes - personal and professional - and we learn from them. What I would like to bring to the industry is the next generation of men and women to represent athleticism, attitude, charisma, and the overall perception of being young talent as opposed to (laughs) old, balding talent.

Q: What do you want to bring as a 1-on-1 fighter?
A: Whether I'm winning or losing, I'd like to leave all the fans believing I was the most talented in the ring. We all know it's entertainment. It's not necessarily real. You get hurt a lot, so it's not fake, but at the same time, we go out there and bust our humps to put on a good show. I feel this younger generation can bring to the table a more intense, aggressive, athletic style of wrestling.

Q: What moves does a wrestler have to make to be standout star in the WWE?
A: Growing up in the business was one of my biggest breaks because I got my foot in the door. Other people have to pay money to learn how to wrestle and, a lot of times, get ripped off because they go to the wrong people. There aren't a lot of people in the industry who know what they're doing, let alone those who can actually teach. I think there are only 10 people, myself included, of course, who truly know what they're doing. I feel sorry for people who spend money to learn how to wrestle. I didn't have to to do that, so I didn't pay any dues in that repsect. But I paid them in other ways, countless ways. I got handed an opportunity, but what I did with that was up to me. It takes something special to be a star in this business because there are a lot of guys who are in and out quickly. You forget about them while they're still here. The real trick is to have longeivity in this industry. If you can stick it out for five or six years in this business, chances are you know what you're doing.

Q: What advice did you get from your father (wrestler Cowboy Bob Orton) and grandfather (wrestler Bob Orton Sr) about what to do, and what not to do?
A: My dad always said: 'Save your money.' My grandpa said: 'Watch out for the other guys.' Everyone has a gun pointed at you. It's whether you give them a bullet to use. I keep my mouth shut and I don't get too personal with everybody because it's competitive. The best friend I travel down the road with would love to see me break my leg because they'd have a chance to get my spot. It's like any other sport. When someone gets hurt, injured, suspended, in trouble - it opens up opportunities for other people. It's a shame, but it's a very cut-throat business.

Q: Your mother was concerned about you choosing a wrestling career. What were her worries?
A: My mum was concerned I'd be gone from my family, like my dad was. And that I'd be living with the temptations that come with travel and having people adore, hate, love or despise you.

Q: Speaking of which - you married Samatha Speno in September. How's that going?
A: I've been married two months and I've only been home seven nights with my wife. That sucks. My wife is a beautiful and strong woman. She puts up with a lot. She has got the full-time job of being a housewife. I've got the part-time job of busting my body so that we can live in the house we do, she can wear the $40,000 watch she wears and she can drive an Escalade.I'm busting my hump so that it can be possible.

Q: What was your perception of marriage, and does it measure up?
A: We were engaged for two years and lived together for three. I didn't think anything would change, but it has. I have a new respect for her. Being able to call her wife is - alone - awesome. Being able to say: 'I miss my wife,' or: 'I need to call my wife.' She's my wife. I'm responsible for her more than ever.

Q: You've said Triple H really understands the psychology of wrestling. What do you mean?
A: Triple H is the best at getting fans to react a certain way. He knows when it's the right time to do certain things as far as getting fans to either jump down your throat or cheer for you. Triple H and The Undertaker are both good at it. And it's ironic because I said they were too old for this business. I suppose with their ancient ages comes experience (laughs).

Q: What is the reality of your WWE life? What do you go through daily?
A: It's rough and it's tiring. I had three hours sleep last night, not because I chose to go out, but because that's what we were allotted to have. We don't have an off-season and we pay for our own rental cars, food and hotels. My expenses are well over $US100,000 ($113,500), sometimes double that. But I spend that so I can work here. They say we are self-employed but, at the same time, we have to be somewhere on time, and we have to dress a certain way. Obviously, I'm a bit of a rebel (Orton grins and tugs on the Gold's Gym singlet he is wearing), but f--- the dress code. It's retarded. The travel sucks, injuries suck but you can't complain because where else do you go to wrestle? Where else do you go to be on TV in tights, with knee pads and shark skin boots and have people go: `Yay!'? Nowhere! You don't bitch because this is the only place to make money doing what we do.

Q: You've been a babyface (hero) and heel (villain) in your career. What are your observations about both sides?
A: Being a babyface sucks, unless you're 300 pounds like Batista, or a character everbody wants to see live, like The Undertaker, or Hulk Hogan, who has charisma. Maybe it's because I'm not good at it, or I'm a d---head in real life. It's easy for me to go out there and be a pr-ck on the show because it's me times 10. And even though you probably don't like me anyway, give me five minutes, and I'll make you not like me more. Being a heel is fun. It comes so natural.

Q: Your character has done some outrageous things. How did you approach the incident, before a match against Rey Mysterio, where you publicly said the late wrestler Eddie Guerrero is in hell?
A: I didn't want to do it because I loved Eddie. Rey and I, even though we were fighting each other, were very, very close friends with Eddie. So we called Eddie's wife and asked if it would be OK. It was heavy stuff. It got people to hate me and Eddie knew it would - God rest his soul. Later, Eddie's wife said Eddie would have wanted me to do it, if it was good for business.

Q: What lessons has the WWE, or you, learned from the death of Chris Benoit? (B****** a former WWE champion killed his wife and son before hanging himself in June last year).
A: I guess you never know somebody like you think you do, that's for sure. I never saw him killing his family or himself. Whatever his personal problems, his personal demons were - I can't tell you, I don't know. I don't anyone will ever know except for God and Chris. But it was heavy enough to cause him to do what he did. The lesson is - you don't know anybody like you think you do.

Q: From your vantage point, what is the magic of the WWE. What keeps it vibrant and relevant?
A: There is a constant rejuvenation every week, whether it's a character or a storyline. There is always a change taking place, something to keep you watching - a cliffhanger to see who the mystery opponent is, or what the match stipulation will be. There is always that intrigue which Vince (McMahon, WWE CEO), the writers and the wrestlers are very good at doing. We create drama. And everybody wants to see a fight. People want to see you rip a shoulder from its socket, or get cut open, be hit with a chair, twist an ankle or break vertebrae. If somebody threatened to jump off a building right now, there would be a crowd at the bottom to watch him do it. It's human nature People want to see f---ed up s---. So they watch RAW.
Randy Orton is really going all in, huh? He's blasting Trips, Taker, and HBK that is odd...

Old 07 Jan 2008, 04:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Damn. I don't know if he's brave or stupid.

Long-term, this may be a really bad move.
Old 07 Jan 2008, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Yeah I read a modified version of this interview in the paper the other day. It cut out the bits where he attacks the older guys. I think its a really solid interview, makes him sound like quite a cool, down to earth, guy. I don't think he is necessarily attacking the older guys. Cos he says they have things figured out the most cos of experience but just that passing the torch also needs to happen because the older guys won't be around as long anymore.

I think he makes fair points, but I can definitely see Vince and Trips reading it the wrong way.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote