ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Raw Roulette: Monday, Jan. 7, 2008

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Jan 2008, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default Raw Roulette: Monday, Jan. 7, 2008

As Raw heads to Connecticut’s Mohegan Sun gaming resort this Monday, “Raw Roulette” will make its return after a nearly five-year absence. And if past Roulettes are any indication, the first Raw of the New Year could be the most unpredictable of 2008.

Originally devised by then-Raw General Manager Eric Bischoff, Superstars will “gamble” their matches on a spin of a gigantic wheel, full of various matches and stipulations. The Superstars must compete in whatever match the wheel falls upon.

The wheel’s categories of matches are decided by the Chairman and General Manager beforehand. The two previous incarnations of Raw Roulette in October 2002 and November 2003 have created very unique – and entertaining – competition among the Superstars.

In 2002 in Las Vegas, the wheel brought forth matches such as:

A Vegas Street Fight, which involved a pair of giant dice as a weapon.

A Vegas Showgirls Match, which involved current Raw GM William Regal and
Goldust dressed in showgirl attire and makeup.

An It’s Legal In Nevada Match, in which Steven Richards and Jerry “The King” Lawler fought to win a “ride” on The Godfather’s Ho Train.

A combo Bra & Panties / Paddle on a Pole Match, in which Trish Stratus spanked Stacy Keibler with the paddle.

The 2003 edition of Raw Roulette in Salt Lake City saw unique matches such as:

A Divas Steel Cage Match between Lita and Victoria.

A Capture the Midget Match between The Hurricane and Rosey, in which they competed to capture a fleeing midget named Fernando throughout the night.

A Strange Bedfellows Match, which paired fierce rivals on the same tag team against another team of unlikely partners.

The unpredictability of the wheel creates chaos for the Superstars, since they can’t prepare for their matches in advance. And with Superstars chasing Royal Rumble Match spots, championship gold or trying to keep their legendary careers alive, that one spin of the wheel can make a world of difference.

Who knows what entertaining chaos Raw Roulette will provide Monday at Mohegan Sun Arena? Tune in 9/8 CT on USA Network and find out live on Raw.

from wwe.com

-----------------------

I always have liked this concept, as it tries to make things a surprise for the fans. It will be fun to see how they work Flair's match into all this.
Old 05 Jan 2008, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Yeah this could be great. Just hope they don't have too many crappy comedy elements in there.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!™

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Looking forward to this one.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jan 2008, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

Comedy elements are gold, I just want to see some good matches between people I give a damn about, and not some fucking jobbers.
Old 06 Jan 2008, 10:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

always used to love it....glad they bringing it back
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jan 2008, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

jeff hardy...
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2008, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
the last mark

mtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICKmtcal is a STICK

nice off the top of the cage whisper in the wind there

'not everything i think is something i should say'

'Perhaps the noid should have avoided Adam West.'
-Quahog mayor Adam West
mtcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2008, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Guess I wasn't the only one who didn't watch?
Old 08 Jan 2008, 07:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

i liked raw tonight...as always all the crazy matches that comes with raw roulette...and a great spot in the cage match by jeff hardy
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2008, 07:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
J-E-T-S

Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.Skill spends too much goddamn time on the interwebs.
Send a message via Yahoo to Skill

Quote:
This weeks RAW did a 3.2 cable rating. Ouch. The show went head to head with the NCAA College Football championship game but it turned out to be a blowout with LSU defeating Ohio State. The American Gladiators show did a good rating as well.
3.2 isn't bad considering what it was up against.

Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jan 2008, 12:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

That RAW was average all the way through until the main event. Which was great. Jeff had a nice interview too. He seems to be constantly improving and, whilst at first, I admit, I questioned his ability to be a constant main eventer. I am having less and less doubts about it each week. That was a fantastic RAW main event on par with the last weeks if not better. Loved it and had me on my feet when Jeff nailed that Whisper in the Wind off the top of the cage.

I feel a bit shit for Umaga though. Writers need to find a proper feud for him so he doesn't just squash ppl or be treated like a JTTS. He has earned his place and shouldn't be being jobbed out on a near weekly basis.

As for the rest of the card it managed to continue all the current feuds in decent, but predictable, ways. For example, I knew from the outset, when it was a handicap match, that JBL would destroy Jericho and get Jericho the DQ win. I hope Jericho takes it out at the Rumble, really don't wanna see the guy get buried so soon into his return. I mean he ain't main event, but he should be a solid mid carder and having JBL bury him in this feud would piss me off as much as I like JBL.

The Kennedy vs Michaels continuation was alright but nothing special or clever.

The Trips vs Regal first blood match should have and could have been better. More weapon use would have been nice and seeing Trips pull out the Sledge Hammer would have been great. Was waiting for it, but didn't happen. I liked how Regal got some decent offense in though. Wonder how Trips is going to be on the Rumble card now or whether he is at all.

Was that a hardway bust open for Regal as well? Looked kind of like it, but the camera was not zoomed in so hard to tell.

The other point of note is the Mick Foley spot. This could be a set up for Foley vs Vince in some kind of Hardcore match at WM. Mick has talked about wanting this before and now would be a great time to set the feud up. Would love to see it, hope it happens and Mick isn't just chucked aside in the Rumble and thats the end of it. Vince should cause Mick's elimination and they should feud.

Overall, didn't have much on last weeks RAW but was still a solid enough show which was brought up by a great main event.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

Last edited by DrDoom; 09 Jan 2008 at 12:48 AM.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote