ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

WM story lines. Hopes and predictions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2008, 07:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom
Default WM story lines. Hopes and predictions.

So with WM coming up and many of the feuds that will probably culminate at WM already rolling I was wondering where people would like the current feuds to go. Also, if you feel so inclined, suggest where you think some of the feuds will actually go.

My Thoughts:

1) Flair Retirement Angle: I would like to see Flair have two more high profile retirement singles matches. One before WM, Ideally at No Way Out to give the WWE time to hype it up. Then his 'final' match at WM where he loses in a blaze of glory. I think that a good candidate for the No Way Out match would be a returning Bobby Lashley. Then for the WM match he could go on to face Batista where he would lose in a singles match. This would give Batista something to do as he is out of the title picture for the foreseeable future I suspect with the planned Taker and Edge match pretty much in stone now. Batista would be kept over, and could go heel to do the angle (this would give him great heel heat if the WWE wanted to do this), or he could win in a face vs face match and we could have a great moment of respect and torch passing type thing at WM.

2) Kennedy vs HBK: I would love to see this go to WM and I think it will, if it keeps up the way it is going with Kennedy cutting really solid promos and both men performing well together in the ring. This could continue by having Kennedy eliminate HBK in the Royal Rumble and then the next night cutting a promo on HBK about it, and getting super kicked during it through some glass or some shit. Then they could continue a feud, which didn't see them put into singles matches with each other, and if possible, even avoided tag matches with both competitors on opposite sides. This would avoid over exposure to the two wrestling. Then at No Way Out both men could be in the elimination chamber, and HBK could be the one to get the elimination on Kennedy. The feud continues and culminates in a 30 minute iron man match between the two at WM (both are great technical wrestlers so this match type would suit well). If fans really got behind this, then they could even continue it to Backlash with a draw in the iron man match at WM, and then a 2 out of three falls match at Backlash where there must be a winner. Possibly with a special enforcer\referee to ensure there is a winner. Quite possibly, Stone Cold.

3) Y2J vs JBL: Some spot in the Rumble should see both men eliminate each other. Possibly have Y2J eliminate JBL and then have JBL come back into the ring and nail the Clothesline From Hell to Y2J sending him over the top rope. Feud then could continue onto No Way Out in whatever way the writers decide, just no singles match between the two. Then at No Way Out Y2J could look like he had the win, but then the ref goes down or something and there is interference by Santino Marella and Carlito who essentially become JBL's new cabinet. Would be a good way to use this new heel team a bit more. This costs Y2J the match. They go on to Wrestlemania where they have a steel cage match so there is no interference and whoever wins. Preferably Y2J. They could easily continue this further into another match, of some sort, at Backlash.

4) Edge vs Taker: I already like where this angle is going. The Rumble should see come continuance of this feud, with a Taker involvement in the match with Rey. Edge still wins the match though and then comes back and gets involved in the Rumble, taking Taker out of it in some new clever heel way. Then they continue their feud with various matches and lots of Edge Head and Vickie involvement totally screwing the shit out of Taker and getting Edge lots of heel heat (not that he needs it, he has it in spades atm). Then at WM in a singles match Taker finally gets the Edge monkey off his back and takes the Title. Or Edge wins and destroys the streak getting absolutely monster heel heat (this is highly unlikely though and probably shouldn't happen purely cos Edge is already fairly over as a heel and will be more so by WM. If Taker is going to lose his streak it should be to really catapult someone who isn't currently quite in the main event status, to that status.)

5) MITB Angle: A series of qualifier matches should decide this like last year. I don't really have that strong preferences on who should be in it, other than Jeff Hardy. If he doesn't take the title at the Rumble or in the No Way Out Elimination Chamber (which I doubt he will). Jeff Hardy should finally win it after another crazy spot which causes me to mark out so hard I nearly break my TV set. Like most years the other competitors should be guys who the WWE has no other ideas for.

6) Matt Hardy vs MVP Angle: I'm sure this angle will come back. They will do the whole injury revenge thing as they should do. It should see Matt possibly return at the Rumble in an impressive showing. Then at No Way Out Matt gets a shot at the title but MVP beats him down, getting a dirty pin, but a pin none the less. Matt demands a rematch but MVP asks him why he deserves it. Matt puts his Smackdown contract on the line for one last shot at the US title at Mania. So its a Title vs Smackdown Contract match at WM. This could be in an 'I Quit' match.

7) WWE Title Angle: I see this as being Orton vs Triple H and that's probably exactly what it should be. Triple H could get involved in the Orton vs Jeff Hardy Title Match and stop Orton from screwing Jeff at some point, but that's not necessary. I could also see Matt trying to get involved in this match and get revenge on Orton but Orton still wins that title match. Anyway we first see the feud really take shape when Triple H wins a title shot in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out. He then goes on to face Orton in the main event singles match where I would probably like to see Orton go over and later drop to someone else on the RAW roster, but I suspect Triple H will go over here. Won't be that bad if it happens anyway. Then he could eventually go heel and lose to a face Jeff Hardy if Jeff won the MITB match like I would like to see.

8) Women's Title Match: I see this being Phoenix vs Candice. Though I would like to Beth defend against various challengers at both the Rumble and at No Way Out and then take on Mickie James, Torrie Wilson and Candice in a fatal 4 way match at WM for the title. I would like to see either Mickie win the belt again cos she was really solid or see Beth retain it cos she can wrestle.

9) WWE or World Tag Championships Angle: I would like to see the World Tag Champions (Rhodes and Holly) defend the titles against London and Kendrick after a feud that goes through No Way Out and up to WM. I don't think the WWE Tag Belts will be defended at WM and don't really have any ideas for who they could be defended against. The tag match could be a standard tag match.

10) ECW Championship: Would like to see a feud between CM Punk and Shelton Benjamin finally take place which I think will happen. There could be a title match at No Way Out where Shelton loses by count out or both men draw, when they both brawl and get counted out. Then the title match at WM could be an extreme rules match. Or just a singles match.

Anyway, there are my thoughts on how I would like WM to shape up with some odd bits and pieces about how I think it will shape up in there. If you can be arsed reading all of it, or even some of it, feel free to pick it apart and debate it with me. Either that or post some of your own predictions and\or hopes for this years WM. It certainly has potential to be a great card.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2008, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I want JBL to win the damn Rumble. And the title. And bring back the real belt.

I have been in a constant state of marking out since it was announced that he was coming back.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2008, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

This thread is going arse up. wtf. I thought people would definitely have shit to say here. Where is Truthhh and his opinions at least?

Old 06 Jan 2008, 11:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

I really have nothing to add....it'd be great to see what u said happen
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Tombstone1 , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

DrDoom you have many valid points and some of which I agree with. The wrestlemania match that has my attention at the moment is: The Undertakers (mostly because of his streak) match.

If he does face off with Edge I would like him to win and get the Title, I really want to see Taker have a long title run. Also to have memorial fueds.

I got a feeling Undertaker won't win the Royal Rumble, but he might win the Elimination Chamber.
Tombstone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

i think hhh will win the elimination chamber...b/c he's gonna be in the title match at wm and isn't in the rumble...so thats the only way

takers got to win the rumble then
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2008, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

RAW will have the chamber and Trips is certainly the odds on favourite to win it. I don't see Taker pulling out the Rumble twice in a row though. So I reckon another Smackdown guy will win it and Taker will get the WM opportunity off him at No Way Out. After Edge tries to help the other guy who takes the Rumble, prob a heel, to try and win out over Taker. Taker ends up winning it at No Way Out though despite Edge's best efforts and goes on to take Edge's title at WM.