ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Thoughts about Smackdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2007, 03:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC
Default Thoughts about Smackdown

These are just some thoughts I had on the show this week, so feel free to express your opinions.

I think for the last show of the year, and next week it being a greatest matches of the year show, this one sorta lived up to the hype.

First off I love the Jamie Noble storyline. I mean that skit with Michelle had me rolling on the floor. Finally they are letting his redneck character play up. That entire scene was hilarious, from the where's the french food bit, to him playing up America as the greatest country and getting his facts wrong about the statue of liberty, to him giving her a bottle of Old Spice, that shit was funny as hell.

Second, Flair's promo owned. I am almost convinced that he could be having his last match in Greensboro, in time for them to end the year and get Flair ready for the HOF. I hope not, and that he can stay until Mania (it would be cool to see him wrestle Sting there) but if not him taking on HHH to end his career seems fitting. But that promo said a lot, and he seems okay with his career coming to a close.

The Edge/Batista match was kinda old, but good to see they didn't give it right back to Batista. I guess we are going to see the whole Vickie helping Edge win angle, although I am not sure about Teddy's role. I mean he seems upset that he is regulated to be the lackey to Vickie Guerrero. I figure we are going to see some kind of angle with him helping someone get a title shot.

So no more major brothers? I guess that's cool. I just wonder if they are going to get involved in the tag scene still, or if they are just going to hang with Edge and be his lackeys.

Festus rules, Jesse rules, Santa Festus rules, their theme song rules (it mentions biscuits and gravy). Ray Gordy may have finally broke through with his Jesse gimmick, hopefully these guys get gold soon.

No Taker? What was with that?

JBL's promo was great, I like the part about him blaming Jericho for what is to come. He basically put his wrath all on Jericho's shoulders. Will be interesting to see that fued, and where it will put JBL afterwards.

Tazz with Cole again? I guess that was temporary until they find a replacement, although I would like to see them team up again.

I hope this is the end of Finaly/Khali.

Also the six man tag match was good.

Thoughts?
Old 22 Dec 2007, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Vicky's face gives me the diarrhea.
Old 22 Dec 2007, 11:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

The six man tag was good and I quite liked the heel faction idea. Flair's promo was pretty dull, too much repetition and shit I already knew. All his promos in that storyline have sounded the same. Though its still been a good storyline.

The Noble stuff was pretty funny, but I wasn't rolling around laughing about it.

JBL's promo was better than Flairs but still didn't really tell me anything new. Kinda seemed pointless.

Festus is pretty funny and I like the gimmick but tag teams get eaten so I doubt they will last long.

Overall, wasn't that impressed aside from all the Edge shit and the 6 man tag with the show. There needed to be more in the way of properly built feuds, but hey its Christmas and the shows usually drop off for a week or two around Christmas so they can do gimmicky Christmas shit and hype the next live show.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2007, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I'm very excited to see where JBL's second run brings him... and I can only hope it's to another long title run on Raw.

That would get me buying PPVs again.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2007, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
I'm very excited to see where JBL's second run brings him... and I can only hope it's to another long title run on Raw.

That would get me buying PPVs again.
QFT.
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Dec 2007, 04:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

As much as I think Jericho is awesome I would love to see JBL Clothesline from Hell him back to the ice age.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2007, 02:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned By Administrators

BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.BOSTON , you came here looking for SHECKS.

Smackdown is crap...the Edge/Batista fued is just a recycled Edge/Cena fued. I'd rather see a monster heel Batista feud vs a returning John Cena and/or Bobby Lashley and the Vickie/Edge love affair makes me fucking sick atleast Lita was mildly hot and you can tell Edge is very uncomfortable making out with a mid 40's tore up widow.
BOSTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2007, 06:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I agree with DC that the whole segment with Noble was hilarious and I love his redneck character,I've liked him for awhile now so I'm happy to see him finally getting some sort of a push.

Flair's promo was great and I'm definitely looking forward to his match with Triple H on Raw next week,I think if anyone should end Flair's career it should be Triple H.

6 man tag was a very solid match.

The whole Edge/Vickie storyline is really dumb and I'm already sick of it,but if it gave Edge the title back then I guess it did some good and hopefully we don't have to see Batista with the belt anymore.

JBL's promo was great too and I'm looking forward to his move to Raw and his feud with Jericho,maybe we'll also finally get to see a Triple H/JBL feud that they hinted towards a few years ago.

No Taker sucked but what can you do?

Smackdown has been very good the past few months.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote