ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

The Original Ric Flair Retirement storyline ..This would've been amazing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.
Default The Original Ric Flair Retirement storyline ..This would've been amazing.

From the WON, on how the Flair angle was originally supposed to pan out:

-Flair was to be off TV for a while before joining Smackdown, with vignettes showing historical moments in Flair's career building to Flair's return to Smackdown. The push was for Khali to defend the World Title against Flair on the August Saturday Night's Main Event. The idea was based on copying Courture/Sylvia with the legend vs. the giant. The idea was the bring legends on for cameos giving their prediction on the match to give it a 'big match feel', including using his family. Flair would show up in a limo, get a promo, Flair would get some comeback offense and eventually he'd lose. They'd try and get a word with Flair but he wouldn't talk. The next week he wouldn't be there, but they'd hype an important interview with Flair on the next show.

-The announcers would talk about rumors Flair was going to announce his retirement. Flair would cut a promo saying he's not the person he once was as the old Ric Flair would've won the title that night, and if he can't be the old Ric Flair, then he would retire because he wants fans to remember the old days and not what he has become. He would then say being in that match changed him, because he refuses to go out like that, but the next time he lost he would retire.

-He'd get some wins and there would be more legend cameos. One old rival (Terry Funk was suggested) would be one of the guys doing a tribute but actually subtly knock him. They would build a Flair vs. MVP match for the US Title at Unforgiven. That wrestler would interfere as Flair had the match won, so Flair would win via DQ but not get the belt.

-The idea was to go in October with Flair & someone from his past against Foley & whomever (Funk), to build to a Survivor Series match where the Four Horsemen would be put together for one last time against four old Flair rivals. The proposed idea included a Flair vs. Foley Armageddon match and some Flair nostalgia opponent match at the Rumble.

-Flair would be picked for the Money in the Bank match at Mania, and win the match (when people expect because of the odds it will be his last match). He would then ask for his title match that night at Mania, most likely lose, and then place his robe and his boots in the middle of the ring and walk off.

Once again, credit WON.

That would've been with out a doubt, one of the best storylines ever...Maybe even the best.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Yeah that's a pretty impressive send off plan. Though some of those nostalgia matches I could see being pretty fucking shithouse. I mean Flair is not as good in ring as he once was and needs to work with talent who are still pretty up there. If Flair was put with equally past their prime guys then the matches would have been fairly shit. With the exception of the Foley match cos that would probably be Hardcore and less technical wrestling involved.

I think the way they are doing it now is pretty solid cos you have the newer guys who can help Flair through the match a bit and then Flair finds ways to win which don't destroy any of the younger talent's momentum. I'm liking the current one probably more than I would have liked the original plan. Even if in theory the original plan is far superior to the current one.

I just hope they don't botch the end of the storyline and Flair goes out in a blaze of glory at WM one way or another, title or no title match.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I think Flair deserves one last title run. No matter what happens he deserves to win it one last time.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 06:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

Only if its a one night reign. I mean look at him in the ring, he really is starting to struggle, I don't want to see him with a major title.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom
Only if its a one night reign. I mean look at him in the ring, he really is starting to struggle, I don't want to see him with a major title.
I'd give him a month with it. Either that or one night and retire on Raw after the PPV.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

yea like win the title at wrestlemania then the next night retiring....that would set up a possible type of tounament going into backlash...that would be cool IMO

i really wish they would have went with the original idea tho.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote