ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

RAW thread 12-17-07 Hardy #1 Contender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Dec 2007, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default RAW thread 12-17-07 Hardy #1 Contender

After Armageddon's results Hardy is the New #1 contender, HHH is gonna be pissed. Ken Kennedy paid HBK back for his job to Orton... And Orton retained his belt in the face of defiance from Chris Jericho(with a little help from JBL)...

Question is... Will JBL give us a reason as to why he did that last night?

Should be a good RAW. I seem to be getting a little more excited about wrestling lately. Maybe its the season... Maybe the show is actually improving. But either way... It gives me something else to look forward to every week again.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alive On Arrival

Alex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of FamerAlex is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'm getting back into wrestling. I've been a fan ever since around 1996. Like most fans from back in the days, wrestling faded out of my life. Yesterday I watched some old wrestling matches. Two of them were Steve Austin/Bret Hart from Wrestlemania 13 and the 10 man tag match from Canadian Stampede. I marked out the entire time during both matches, and it was nice to be reminded why I love wrestling. Then I was reading a wrestling site I used to read, and I had one of those moments where I was like "okay, I'm gonna watch Raw tomorrow." So yeah, wrestling's coming back onto my TV tonight.

The honest-to-god truth is that I have nothing better to do, so I might as well focus on the television show that changed my life. I feel the same way: it's something to look forward to every week. Some old school fans are so damn jaded nowadays, like "omg this sucks cuz it's not Stone Cold The Rock Attitude Era." I'm not like that, I think I'll enjoy tonight's show. Hey, it's better than watching TNA.

That's my little "back to wrestling" rant.

Last edited by Alex; 17 Dec 2007 at 05:15 PM.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 05:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom

The JBL and Y2J stuff should be good. Kennedy is gonna be made a fool out of again by HBK which is going to piss me off. Flair will win over Umaga via DQ in what should be a fairly exciting bout. Trips may well do something bad arse. Hornswoggle segment will make me cringe.

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.
Send a message via MSN to DC

A women's match to kick things off, and the bitches are brawling at the end. Nice costumes, same old same old though from the hoes, and here comes a drunken looking Vince McMahon.
Old 17 Dec 2007, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

We got Meltdown Vince again, and I love it.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.DC , get a rope and a stool and a REALLY solid beam.  Fatso.

HHH vs. Regal and Coach, was pretty lame. What was the point of that, someone tell me please.

A rematch for the tag titles, w00t.
Old 17 Dec 2007, 09:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

looks like Trips and Hardy are pretty much done and they don't know what to do with Trips leading to the Rumble.

Old 17 Dec 2007, 09:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

So I guess they are going to have JBL come back and fued with Jericho, but they are going to drag it out until after the new year.
Old 17 Dec 2007, 09:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

I turned it on....only because he said HArdy was number 1 contender....

its not Hardy, its the Heroin addict....
and since when is Chris Jericho's wardrobe consultant Ryan Seacrest?

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 09:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
DC
I've got the power!

JBL Coming to Raw!!!!
Old 17 Dec 2007, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality CheCK
I turned it on....only because he said Hardy was number 1 contender....

its not Hardy, it’s the Heroin addict....
and since when is Chris Jericho's wardrobe consultant Ryan Seacrest?
PWF is the harshest wrestling fans on the net.lol

This show was off the charts.

I liked the Jeff/McMahon promo, Jeff comparing Vince with Saddam did seem like something that'd make a guy snap. Vince is back in his "Mental Break down" mode, and it is terrific. I was expecting a "Raven like" promo when Vince set in the corner, but he his facial expressions were than any words he could've said. Triple H still brought the comedy; Regal played the "concern ass kisser" role perfectly. It made perfect sense in the state of mind Vince is in, to book a match that he knows will get Regal and Coach killed. In the big scheme of things, I think this all is heading towards something bad happening to Hunter.

The Holly Rhodes vs. Cade and Murdoch was better than it had any right to be, and the crowd ended up really getting to it in the end.

The Flair/Umaga match was great, and a smartly booked match. They did a good job of furthering the storyline with Naitch, and made Umaga look like the precise monster that he is. I find it kind of odd, that Umaga stays over after losing so much. Jamal really makes that character shine, even though in the last few months he's been jobbed out a bit. It speaks volumes about a guy who can lose as much as Umaga has in the last few weeks, but if he won the WWE Title tommorow you'd still take him seriously.

Flair was the man in this match, he took one hell of a beating, and basically got his ass kicked until Umaga made a big mistake and killed himself. This is the beauty of How Umaga stays over; he doesn't lose in a conventional way. He usually "kills himself"; he gets the upper hand in a match and just starts losing so much control trying to hurt his opponent that he ends up on the short end of the stick because he cares nothing about the win. He just wants to afflict as much pain as possible, when Armando was around he was the guy who told Umaga when to finish off a guy, but now that he's on his own he tends to be reckless at times, it always cost him big in the end.

The match tonight with Flair was just another example of this.

JBL/Jericho promo battle: Was better than I thought it would be JBL handed Jericho his ass. Chris held his own though, when he got serious during the end of the argument he came off better than he has in the last 3 years. He and John had some good Talking points about each other, and Chris made some valid points about JBL going soft. JBL coming to Raw, just might make this the A show again, I can't wait to see these 2 battle on the mic more in the coming weeks, so that segment did its job...

On a Sad note: The TrutHHH is going to miss JBL's commentary on Friday nights, but if that's the sacrifice to get JBL back in the ring. I'm all for it.

What more can be said about Randy Orton. Even though his championship run has been handled poorly. He stills has been awesome as a character, I think his "Dark promo" style is very underrated. He gets his point across short and sweet, and carries himself like a champion at all times. His work in the ring is even better, I love the way he snaps and just start beating the shit out of his opponents, and his punches are great. When he was just beating down Hardy and HBK with strikes it was pretty damn bad ass.

Kennedy shined a bit in this match also; his last 2 nights have been slight improvements. Then again, how further could Kennedy have fallen, he had no choice but to improve. Kennedy sold the hand pretty good.

HBK was a great as the veteran role tonight, and did a pretty good Ricky Morton style "face in peril' beat down.

Hardy is on fire right now, the guy is the most over face in wrestling as we speak. He really did the "hot tag" spot perfectly, and the crowd popped huge when he got the pin on Orton after the Swanton. That is going to be a tremendous match between him and Orton at Royal Rumble.

Hardy is a good example, of how you can kick the habit of doing smack and be successful.

Oh how can I forget the awesomness that is Santino, I think pairing him with Carlito was great, now I have a reason to care about Carlito. It's obvious they're using Santino's heat to get Carlito over agasin, but I think it has all the ingredients to be a very entertaining tag team.

On another Sad note; It irritates the fuck out of The TrutHHH to see what the team of Lodrick have detertoiated too. This was the best tag team in the world last year. Now they’re jobbers, on the same level of the highlanders. It’s really a fucking shame what they did to these boys. They’re supposed to be on the trail of becoming the best tag team ever. But they have been irrelevant for about a year now. Their still over, which is the only good thing they have going, but they’re suppose to be such more. Why won’t they just send them back to Smackdown!

That was the best sell of the backstabber ever...Thanks Spankyt.

Last edited by Tr(uth)iple H; 17 Dec 2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 08:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
PWF is the harshest wrestling fans on the net.lol

This show was off the charts.

I liked the Jeff/McMahon promo, Jeff comparing Vince with Saddam did seem like something that'd make a guy snap. Vince is back in his "Mental Break down" mode, and it is terrific. I was expecting a "Raven like" promo when Vince set in the corner, but he his facial expressions were than any words he could've said. Triple H still brought the comedy; Regal played the "concern ass kisser" role perfectly. It made perfect sense in the state of mind Vince is in, to book a match that he knows will get Regal and Coach killed. In the big scheme of things, I think this all is heading towards something bad happening to Hunter.

The Holly Rhodes vs. Cade and Murdoch was better than it had any right to be, and the crowd ended up really getting to it in the end.

The Flair/Umaga match was great, and a smartly booked match. They did a good job of furthering the storyline with Naitch, and made Umaga look like the precise monster that he is. I find it kind of odd, that Umaga stays over after losing so much. Jamal really makes that character shine, even though in the last few months he's been jobbed out a bit. It speaks volumes about a guy who can lose as much as Umaga has in the last few weeks, but if he won the WWE Title tommorow you'd still take him seriously.

Flair was the man in this match, he took one hell of a beating, and basically got his ass kicked until Umaga made a big mistake and killed himself. This is the beauty of How Umaga stays over; he doesn't lose in a conventional way. He usually "kills himself"; he gets the upper hand in a match and just starts losing so much control trying to hurt his opponent that he ends up on the short end of the stick because he cares nothing about the win. He just wants to afflict as much pain as possible, when Armando was around he was the guy who told Umaga when to finish off a guy, but now that he's on his own he tends to be reckless at times, it always cost him big in the end.

The match tonight with Flair was just another example of this.

JBL/Jericho promo battle: Was better than I thought it would be JBL handed Jericho his ass. Chris held his own though, when he got serious during the end of the argument he came off better than he has in the last 3 years. He and John had some good Talking points about each other, and Chris made some valid points about JBL going soft. JBL coming to Raw, just might make this the A show again, I can't wait to see these 2 battle on the mic more in the coming weeks, so that segment did its job...

On a Sad note: The TrutHHH is going to miss JBL's commentary on Friday nights, but if that's the sacrifice to get JBL back in the ring. I'm all for it.

What more can be said about Randy Orton. Even though his championship run has been handled poorly. He stills has been awesome as a character, I think his "Dark promo" style is very underrated. He gets his point across short and sweet, and carries himself like a champion at all times. His work in the ring is even better, I love the way he snaps and just start beating the shit out of his opponents, and his punches are great. When he was just beating down Hardy and HBK with strikes it was pretty damn bad ass.

Kennedy shined a bit in this match also; his last 2 nights have been slight improvements. Then again, how further could Kennedy have fallen, he had no choice but to improve. Kennedy sold the hand pretty good.

HBK was a great as the veteran role tonight, and did a pretty good Ricky Morton style "face in peril' beat down.

Hardy is on fire right now, the guy is the most over face in wrestling as we speak. He really did the "hot tag" spot perfectly, and the crowd popped huge when he got the pin on Orton after the Swanton. That is going to be a tremendous match between him and Orton at Royal Rumble.

Hardy is a good example, of how you can kick the habit of doing smack and be successful.

Oh how can I forget the awesomness that is Santino, I think pairing him with Carlito was great, now I have a reason to care about Carlito. It's obvious they're using Santino's heat to get Carlito over agasin, but I think it has all the ingredients to be a very entertaining tag team.

On another Sad note; It irritates the fuck out of The TrutHHH to see what the team of Lodrick have detertoiated too. This was the best tag team in the world last year. Now they’re jobbers, on the same level of the highlanders. It’s really a fucking shame what they did to these boys. They’re supposed to be on the trail of becoming the best tag team ever. But they have been irrelevant for about a year now. Their still over, which is the only good thing they have going, but they’re suppose to be such more. Why won’t they just send them back to Smackdown!

That was the best sell of the backstabber ever...Thanks Spankyt.
I've always hated Heroin Hardy.....you know that T.
I don't give a fuck if the kid gets himself in rehab and sends me a letter of apoplogy for the whole rainbow hair thing....
He still sucks

Old 18 Dec 2007, 09:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Oh, I Know Kurt, I remember me and you use to compete on who could bash the guy the most. I think I'm getting soft, So I'm happy that you're keeping "The Hardy Hate" alive.

Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Wow after watching that RAW it was a hell of a lot better than it sounded on paper.

All the mike segments were on fire. JBL vs Jericho on the mike was brilliance and I'm looking forward to more of it. I love when JBL said that the timekeeper couldn't even get an appointment with his doormat. Jeff Hardy's promo with Vince was alright, certainly better than Hardy usually is on the mike. Orton's short and sweet promo was really solid. "Save us? How about spare me? I stopped the virus" very nice. Santino with his swapping spit line and then walking around pretending to play a trumpet was comedy gold.

The match quality was also nice this week. That Divas match was more solid than most, the Flair vs Umaga match kicked arse as did the tag main event. That was the best tag main event I can remember seeing in months. Jeff Hardy is the mother fucking man, just needs to work a bit more on his mike skills cos his in ring ability is main event already.

The rest of the matches were solid enough too with London and Kendrick hitting some nice spots keeping me entertained and the other tag match was watchable. No squashes tonight which is always nice.

Old 19 Dec 2007, 05:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
Oh, I Know Kurt, I remember me and you use to compete on who could bash the guy the most. I think I'm getting soft, So I'm happy that you're keeping "The Hardy Hate" alive.
It will never die