ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Vince has a boss? and About 3 r5easons Why Vince Mcmahon is still awsome...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Jul 2007, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.
Default Vince has a boss? and About 3 r5easons Why Vince Mcmahon is still awsome...

Quote:

The Raw rating was a bigger cause of stress for Vince on Tuesday than B*****'s toxicology report. He's very much on edge, particularly since sources say Bonnie Hammer is putting a tremendous amount of pressure on him to get the ratings up.

There is strong talk, as appalling as this sounds, that USA wants Raw to move to three hours permanently in the fall. WWE is very much against it, citing the burnout factor, but it's unlikely they'd be able (or willing) to turn it down. Vince, despite being the main guy in charge of every storyline, is blaming everyone but himself, and the feeling is that if things don't turn around soon there will be a major shake-up and the only ones safe will be Stephanie, Kevin Dunn and perhaps John Lauranitis, since he's a schmoozer and a good talker and is the only one they have faith in to do the Director of Talent Relations job, even though he's often largely incompetent.

Michael Hayes has taken more than his fair share of abuse over the past month or so with Vince constantly mocking him at all the producer's meetings, making fun of him in front of his own creative team, and making comments about him to other people when he knows Hayes is within earshot.

Brian Gewirtz was also on the crap list Tuesday after the rating came in, ending up on the receiving end of the McMahon blow-up. The feeling is that he's actually OK, and the reason Vince went nuts on him is because he's super close to Vince and Vince always bullies the people closest to him (Shane was often an easy target and would always pout, whereas Stephanie would "take it like Vince would"). Stephanie had to calm Vince down and apparently everything is fine now.

credit: F4W Newsletter
Vince bullying Micheal Hayes, Gerwitz, and making Shane cry, while Stephanie "takes it like Vince". Is all kinds of hilarious. I can see Vince now calling Micheal Hales "Freebird" in a very condascenting way. The Ironic thing is Hayes, was the bet writer in the company until Smackdown got raped, and caught the injury bug.

^^^^Made by the Big Homie Stick...PC representer.
Tr(uth)iple H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 04:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

This article seems to ridiculous to be true
Old 19 Jul 2007, 07:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC
Send a message via AIM to CK

3 hrs isn't necessarily a bad thing.....it just means they gotta beef up the stories

make longer matches

it can be done....

CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.Tr(uth)iple H is fat like a planet.

Do we not remember the lessons of WCW? No 3 hour shows, this is going to really make the ppv's not worth ordering.

Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
The King of Kings

Cobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Cobra

I just hope they do not resurrect the nitro girls idea on Raw. The three hours might not be bad if done correctly but I can see them putting useless filler shit in.

Thanks to Glue for the banner
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Thats really odd, I thought the Nitro girls was the best part of Nitro.

Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
The King of Kings

Cobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of FamerCobra is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
Thats really odd, I thought the Nitro girls was the best part of Nitro.
Sadly, some nights they were

Thanks to Glue for the banner
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2007, 01:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

CK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DCCK You want to be like DC

If the move to 3 hrs were to ever happen, WWE would need to fire most of the writing staff hire on some actual television writers...

Put more into developing stars.....

I could make it work, but I'd need a better grasp on who can do what in the company
I would pick up on that quickly tho...

Old 20 Jul 2007, 03:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

They could make the last hour every week an ironman match and it would be better than any other insomnia product on the market

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2007, 09:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

Kurt, the writers really aren't all that bad right now, not saying you do bad on the team.

Old 21 Jul 2007, 05:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Truthhh
Kurt, the writers really aren't all that bad right now, not saying you do bad on the team.
Not really complaining about the writers....Its just if you bump up to 3hrs you'd need a different type of writer.

These guys are struggling to fill a 2hr block...they'd need a mix of television writers...

The best way to do it would be to do "seasons" imo....

Run several months where a handful of guys are heavily featured....then, let them fade into the background for a few months....

Let them still be on tv, give them an occasional match, but give them a few weeks off...time to be with family, not on the road....prevent the burn out, and at the same time bring back the "Holy Shit! Its So and so!" moments. Would give more guys a chance to shine....

I'm kinda tired, so I'm not really explainin myself well...when I get on tomorrow, I'll try to clarify

Old 22 Jul 2007, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

I think the only way for a 3 hr. show would be to either unite the brands or get rid of ECW or mabey develop a lower-mid-card for upcomers. But I think the rating problem can be solved by simply having a better champ...b/c us real wrestling fans want to see better wrestling and a champion who can carry great matches week in and out (like HHH or mabey Orton)....and most of us also want to see a real championship belt...this spinner shit takes away from the meaning of the belt...that just my take on it.
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2007, 09:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Nothing but the TrutHHH

The fact that your choices for better wrestling are Randy Orton and Triple H, opposed to Cena, when they are all basically the same guy.

Old 23 Jul 2007, 03:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
CK
Spin Doctor

I completely discount ECW...to me ECW=Heat

its Triple A ball...you try to make yourself known there in hopes of gettin pulled up to the big leagues.

Thats no dig on WWECW...its what ECW has pretty much always been
Don't act like I'm bein too hard on the show....even back during the WWF vs wCw it was still training ground for the big time.

ECW can stay...its a place for the writers to develop new characters and gimmics.

Is Heat even still aired?

Smackdown can keep going.....thats fine...stay at 2 hours....However, I stand by that storyline wise they should say "Shane and/or Steph owns Smackdown" No Vince appearance on Smackdown...No RAW or ECW mentions on Smackdown.....have it exist as a seperate entity....

Raw can be bumped up to 3 hours .... have the guys do things like 3-6 months on, then 2-3 months off....Rotate them out. There is no off season for wrestling, but that doesn't mean EVERY guy has to be at EVERY show.

It would give the stars time to be with there families, would take some of the stress off, wouldn't have to be on the road ALL THE TIME....

It could lead to more surprise for the fans....when a wrestler they haven't seen for a month or so pops up out of the blue to interfere in a match and put himself back in a title picture....or someone who's been gone for 2 months, shuts down the show to cut a promo....

Toss in a few longer matches..go back to the 90's style thing where the title actually does change hands every once in a while on TV.....it pains me to say it, build an actual tag division....drop the women's title, use the chicks as valet's and managers....recreate some stables....build some REAL feuds...develop storylines...add some drama.

Its very possible to extend the show without burning people out.....you just have to put some effort into the product....

To often, imo it feels like the writers think that fans are just gonna keep tuning in because the wrestling fans are addicted....the writers gotta stop bein lazy. The audience is smarter now...the writers gotta be smarter.
The net is full of people who leak storylines in advance....
Have the WWE start "leaking" fake storylines....bring back some surprise...don't announce every big return in an attempt to get a ratings pop...

Have somebody pop up completely unannounced....make it so the guys who watch regularly get a treat. Make it so those regular viewers are talkin to their friends the next day saying "Holy shit,dude, The Rock came back"....the best possible advertising is word of mouth....make the fans advertise for ya...

I dunno...I rant a lot

Old 23 Jul 2007, 06:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Have somebody pop up completely unannounced....make it so the guys who watch regularly get a treat.
I am absolutely positively 100% agree with Kurt on this shit...I mean there's no surprises in WWE anymore...everything is so damn predictable it's not even funny...and it takes away so much excitements...

I mean they keep advertising or airing promos when guys coming back and do countdown and all that shits...I mean whatever happened to let them come back as a surprise...

Kurt
GinoCan is offline   Reply With Quote