ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Is the WWE now back on track ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

wwe55 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Is the WWE now back on track ...

Surviour seies is almost here and it looks like it going to be a great one with the Emimanation chameber, War games...

and some great matches and storylines and new suprises.

I can not wait till Surviour Series.
wwe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default I wouldn't say on trac

but they are starting to get the message with the ratings this week. Now they know if there going to stay on the air they will have to do something.I saw a statement yesterday where someone had a complete set of ratings on Raw for the last year.It clearly states that Raw has been in a downward spiral for a lot longer then any one admits too.When someone hopes to sell a product you clearly have to get with the program to make it competative and Vince has not been doing that.

People who work make there money and pay for the cable are deciding what there willing to pay for and what they won't. There are a lot of different channels out there.Respectable parents are saying no to there children watching what Vince is showing on TV.Kids lose interest what they aren't allowed to see. Toys don't sell as much.

If they are starting to see it and do something then WWE will get on the right trac
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
16 Time World Champion

Ric Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of FamerRic Flair is a PWF Hall of Famer

The WWE needs some competition bad. there I said it. Ive been the only one here who hasnt said that yet. I like the WWE being a monopoly, but now I can see its hurting them bad. The WWE is resting on its laurels knowing that the only other wrestling show on the air is NWA/TNA. and then you have to pay for it on PPV. Right now the WWE doesnt HAVE to change becuase we core fans who have watched forever are going to keep watching it anyway. Say what you will, but you know Im right. Look at WWF circa 94. WWf was the bigest show in town. And then their product started to get stale. Then WCW formed the NWO and WWF started losing ratings. That was when Vince knew he needed to do something. Then when Pillman died, Vince said screw it, do what you want and the attitude era was born and the WWF reinvented itself. Then the ratings war started, and we all loved it. then WWF won and we loved it. Then WWF bought WCW and we all like HUH? And now ratings are dropping and we all know what has to be done. The WWE knows what it needs to do, they just havent done it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
I dunno...it's the"I'm better than you and I'm not even gonna shout it, yell it or overstate it, I'm fuckin Naitch goddamn it and all I really got to say is ......wooooooooooo!!!!!" pic of Ric
Ric Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Im glad to see the WWE back on track...
once tna or what u call it gets "real" tv rights...
then the fireworks will start..
however...
Surver series is looking great and i can not wait !
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

I dont judge the show based on the rating's like some people here.

Acording to me the product has picked up as of late, the last 2 or 3 week's have been pretty decent, almost as good as it was before the Rock left.

The Survivor Series is shaping up to be 1 heck of a PPV and with the addition of Stiner and Bautista, expect the Raw product to improve.
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Default Re: I wouldn't say on trac

Quote:
Originally posted by Blu Angel
People who work make there money and pay for the cable are deciding what there willing to pay for and what they won't. There are a lot of different channels out there.Respectable parents are saying no to there children watching what Vince is showing on TV.Kids lose interest what they aren't allowed to see. Toys don't sell as much.

LOL

TNN is a regular cable station, it doesnt cost more money, once you have cable....you have TNN so get the fact's straight.

Why are you so concerned about all these people anyway's? how do they affect your life in any way?

If you enjoy sport's entertainment you watch the show...it's that easy.

Kid's..what kid's, i thought you must be 14 to watch the WWE in the first place...
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

yes in the last few weeks i have being seen great story lines and different things forming in the WWE...for the better. (not including the katie vick segement 2 weeks ago) however this weeks katie segment was funny....
the wrestling matches were great.
and the retuen of HBK was great !

On smackdown Rey mysterio vs Brock lesner was fantastic...

what i am saying is the WWE product is Jam packed Lately...
and survior series sounds like its going to off the chart.
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default Re: I wouldn't say on trac

Quote:
but they are starting to get the message with the ratings this week. Now they know if there going to stay on the air they will have to do something.I saw a statement yesterday where someone had a complete set of ratings on Raw for the last year.It clearly states that Raw has been in a downward spiral for a lot longer then any one admits too.When someone hopes to sell a product you clearly have to get with the program to make it competative and Vince has not been doing that.

If they are starting to see it and do something then WWE will get on the right trac
Parents that give out about the WWE violence are not good parents.

Real wrestling fans know this and so does the WWE..The television is not a babysitter
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Contrary that is a big factor

Wrestling has been for years a family segment In the sense that Parents could take there kids to the shows.See the shows and learn what Wrestling is W55 that is probably how you found out about wrestling as well.People no longer feel they can do that anymore that is why the arenas aren't selling out everywhere..For years that went on packing shows every where they went.

Kids are actually a big part of the WWE.Look in your local toy stores and catalogs.They wouldn't even exist without the kids.Think about it and really think...I mean the situation with Wrestling is going to effect that because Transformers,Heman, and what ever is out there now is going to replace that for the kids.Its coming toward Christmas the biggest toy sale of the year.If the kids aren't able to see Wrestling what do you think there going to want..

When Vince spoke of ECW in a late night show could have been a real working Idea put that sex and the friek shows on that late hour.Tone down Raw a little bit and back to more family show.Why do you think Smackdown is catching on so fast because they are toneing down.Yea there is still a little there but they are showing more to wrestling and less sex.
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hate to see you being a GM of Raw or Smackdown u would have Barney the Dinosour wrestle ...

the wwe can not make everyone happy....
and if they find people are happy with sex and violence they will go with it...disregarding anyones moral say.

This is possably the reason why Vince doees not care what the Internet fans think.

Think of it did the wwe care when the shot a video of HHH shaging a dummy 2 weeks ago...
u darn right they did not.
Old 02 Nov 2002, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default TNN is regular cable??????

TNN is extnded cable and cable is cable someone still has to pay for it..Its clear you don't go ask your mom and Dad to show you your cable bill. Even Direct TV has to be paid for on a month to month deal...

Gee you just gave yourself away Rock. If you were really 20 as you have claimed to be you would know that..and kid enough to only think about yourself....
Old 02 Nov 2002, 10:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default Okay 55 open up your eyes

fighting in wrestling has been around for years...What parents object to is the over sex and the sick crap. Tell me are you going to walk into your local funeral home and climb into a casket and have sex with a corpse get real...
Old 02 Nov 2002, 02:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

You made a good point ...

that was sickish however the wwe had to try it to see how the croud would react.

ps: that vile act was ment to be vile....to get the viewers attention and admit it it did get youre atention...
conterversy=cash

however this is going off topic....
the point is the WWE are geting better...(pressure from the fans maybee)
and i can not wait till Survivor serious as its going to be one hell of a PPV.
Because of the Great storylines(apart from the vile one) and the great matches and great action and the Elimation chameber etc...
Old 02 Nov 2002, 02:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Blu Angel

Default The only way they can make an Impact

before SS is to dump the story in time enough to show the fans that he is sincere to say hey we tried it we were wrong we never should have done it...I mean kids copy enough what the wrestlers do without seeing them doing what happened the other night..It actually has a lot of people angry about it.

We may never see Mic Foley again for a while because of it. He doesn't feel that he can put his name with Raw because he writes childrens books. Paul Bearer said for the first time in all his years he is glad he no longer is associated with Raw.

It will take time for Vince to show the fans hes sincere and admit hey we tried it we did it we know were wrong...Hopefully before SS
Old 02 Nov 2002, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
THE ROCK PWF

Default Re: TNN is regular cable??????

Quote:
TNN is extnded cable and cable is cable someone still has to pay for it..Its clear you don't go ask your mom and Dad to show you your cable bill. Even Direct TV has to be paid for on a month to month deal...

Gee you just gave yourself away Rock. If you were really 20 as you have claimed to be you would know that..and kid enough to only think about yourself....

WTF...

Is this a fucking joke, yo Kim...im 22 girl, get the fact's straight.

Digital cable includes TNN all across the country.

Why would people pay for Directv when you can get it fo free, they charge you sucker's in the States like 100$ a month for the complete package, all i gotta do is reaload my card on line every 3 to 4 month's and i get every thing unlocked.