ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

What do you want to see WWE\WWF bring back?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2006, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to DrDoom
Default What do you want to see WWE\WWF bring back?

I've been downloading and watching some WWE PPV's from 2000 and the late 90's and it really points out that the WWE should bring back some things. The 2000 Summerslam for instance compared to this years owned so much more.

I'd like to see the following things come back to the WWE:
1) The hardcore belt and hardcore divison
2) A decent tag team division including the reuniting of Team Extreme so we can have more insanely awesome TLC (Oh My!) tag matches.
3) Less title matches where you can get DQ'd or more situations where if you get DQ'd you still drop the belt. (Face wrestlers wqouldn't go for weapons at all but the heels would but if they used one it wouldn't be match over champ retains)
4) Mixed tag matches where the diva's could wrestle the guys.
5) More tornado tag matches
6) Kane's mask and kayfabe for Kane
7) More promo time (as in like what they do in ECW with guys just getting 2 mins of 1 on 1 with the camera)
8) A few more full blown factions. So there could be some faction wars.
9) Decent Diva's who can wrestle

Anyway what would you like to see the WWE bring back?

Props to Sly as Hell for the banner.

DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2006, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom

Anyway what would you like to see the WWE bring back?
A better creative team..so we can see better things like you mentioned above..
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2006, 11:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
In Loving Memory of #51

what777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famerwhat777 is a PWF Hall of Famer

^^yea..i agree compeltely...but what i miss most is the faction wars of 98-99
what777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2006, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

I think there should be less ppv's. Twice a month is ridiculious. wrestling is not as popular as it used to be yet it is now that the wrestling market is oversaturated. i mean how can anyone expect good buyrates when there's so many ppvs? If they were once every two monthes I might consider buying them because afterall, what's cheaper? One ppv every two monthes or three ppv's in the course of two monthes? Of course I'm going to go with the cheaper option. Plus, if they had less ppv's then maybe the writers would put more effort into the card and they wouldn't be slapped together at the last minute.

Obviously the card is the biggest factor. I think having brand split ppv's has failed miserably. I mean look at some of the matches that have gotten onto ppv's lately... MVP vs Marty Garner at No Mercy? Sounds like a Velocity or Heat quality match to me. But thanks to the lack of talent on both rosters that's what you get for a Smackdown ppv. I'm sure MVP will get huge buyrates

To be fair the RAW ppv's aren't as horrible as Smackdown's ppvs. I mean Unforgiven didn't look bad at all although I still find the idea of the Highlanders and the Spirit Squad being involved in a title match fucking laughable.

Speaking of tag teams I think that the brand split killed the tag team division. I mean look at the year 2002 in terms of tag team divisions, both the Dudleyz and the APA broke up because of the split and new, fairly-decent tag teams such as La Resistence, the Bashams, WGTT (the only exceptionally good tag team in recent years), all ended quickly. There aren't enough tag teams on either show to compete for one set of tag team titles much less two.

I also think the writers dropped the ball when it comes to Edge and Foley co-holding the hardcore title. They had the perfect oppurtunity to relaunch the hardcore division. They could've had the GM come out and announce that the hardcore title was being revived and have any random upper midcarder just come out, demolish Edge and win the hardcore belt restarting the division.

So basically... I think there should be less ppv's so that quality rules over quanity and then maybe I'll buy one, bring back a decent tag team division because tag teams can be as exciting as main event singles matches if done right, and bring back a hardcore division because while I don't think the WWE should be hardcore, I think there should be more hardcore matches. (I guess you could argue that ECW has hardcore matches so WWE doesn't need any but I stopped watching ECW weeks ago because it's a friggin joke in my mind)
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2006, 09:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.DrDoom is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

^ Yeah everything you said there is fucking bang on as far as I'm concerned. Bring back the hardcore division and just bring some ECW guys in to compete for the belt. Cos ECW at the moment is simply another brand extension of the WWE more so everyday and we don't need a third brand especially when it ain't that unique cos only 1 match a week is a hardcore rules match anyway.

I wanna see more hardcore spots like the falling of Shane off that huge metal pole at Summerslam in 2000 that was fucking awesome.

Also they should have a massive tornado tag team over the top rope battle royale like they occasionally do on TNA and have it for the unifieds tag belts cos your also right in saying there aren't enough teams to feud for two belts. I mean the only really impressive tag team on WWE atm is probably London and Kendrick IMO. The rest are lame arsed gimmick teams who are average at best.

Possible exception goes to Cryme Tyme who are looking really good but will prob get crushed as soon as they get some momentum going.

Old 28 Oct 2006, 11:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
The dynamic duo

GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.GinoCan is fat like a planet.

...bring back wwF...no more of this bullshit SD! and Raw and now ECWWE crap...i pointed that many times that the brand split was a complete failure and today i'm still standing strong about my point...anyways that's IMHO...y'all can disagree...and that's expected and i can honestly say i know where y'all coming from if y'all disagree...
Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

I'm starting to kind of take that view with some of the feuds going on atm. Which feel very like crap card filler.

Old 29 Oct 2006, 12:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
SC
ATWA

SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.SC is a god damn rich cunt.

- Wrestling.
Old 29 Oct 2006, 01:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Harsh but equally alot fo the time I see where your coming from. Smackdown has alot more actual decent wrestling than RAW which seems increasingly to be mainly a storyline show with the exceptions of the PPV's.

Old 29 Oct 2006, 01:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

i'd love to see them go back to Hardcore matches that involed brawls into the backstage area. those were some of my favourite matches because you never knew what the fuck was going to happen next. whether they'd end up in a Bar, or in the mississippi River.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2006, 01:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Never forget the name!

Yeah I remember some of those sweet spots. They never do shit like that anymore and if they do its like chucking them through boxes or some gay arsed shit. I liked the little segment they did in the Edge vs Cena feud with the outside fight and Edge using the life buoy to hit cena and the use of the tree and then the river and stuff that was kinda cool but aside from that there is a distinct lack of backstage brawls. Bring back the parking lot brawl too they never happen anymore.

Old 29 Oct 2006, 02:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
RTT
You know me!

RTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of FamerRTT is a PWF Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to RTT

2 things.

First, bring back the Hardcore belt and have it defended like it was when Crash Holly (RIP) had it all the time. 24/7 it's defended and have it sometimes change hands in the middle of the night and have it reported on WWE.com therefore they can actually prove the 24 hour deal for once.

Second, get rid of Smackdown and just have Raw only on Monday or have two Raw's (Yeah I know, unusual.) with all WWE, not ECW wrestlers combined. That way they can actually have a feeling of a humongous faction war between the two "Companys".

You down with RTT?
RTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2006, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
{~PWF's leading man~}

Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.Sly as hell is fat like a planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC
- Wrestling.
Lol, yeah, some wrestling would be nice, but also a better creative team. The storylines today are far too predicatable, but then again thats how its been since the 90's ended.

<select name=which style="font-family: Tempus Sans ITC; font-size: 12pt; background-color: green; font-weight: ; color: orange">
<option>Tap out list</option>
<option>Sam</option>
<option>CDWC (x2)</option>
<option>Blu Angel</option>
<option>BOSTON (x5)</option>
<option>Dan Mavrick</option>
<option>Stephenc97</option>
<option>afficial (x4)</option>
<option>ShyneFactory</option>
<option>Camini</option>
<option>EminemPacPWF</option>
<option>2Gangsta (x2)</option>
<option>StarScream (x2)</option>
<option>Shooter</option>
</select>
Sly as hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2006, 05:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Alright...I would like to see the WWE bring back this Cena...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqrYBPzQd2A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqrYBPzQd2A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2006, 06:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
PWF's MVP

Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!Rated R , Lightspeed to Endor!
Send a message via AIM to Rated R

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.A.M.F
Alright...I would like to see the WWE bring back this Cena...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqrYBPzQd2A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IqrYBPzQd2A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

haha i never saw that. that was cool though i like that cena way better then the marine.
Rated R is offline   Reply With Quote