ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Technical Matches = Dead?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
MetalKrist

Default Technical Matches = Dead?

It has actually been a very, very long time since I have seen (what *I* would call) a technical match.

Do not give me "ALL BENOIT MATCHES ARE TECHNICAL!"

No. No they aren't.

Benoit, Malenko, Storm, all of the GREAT technical wrestlers have had very, very few *real* technical matches in the WWE/F.

(And by real, I mean not an 8 minute RAW/Smackdown! match which is quasi-technical wrestling, which is only destined to fill in the space between High Risk Spots.)

Why have there been a lack of real technical matches?

One could only think that the casual fan is turned off by 'real' wrestling.

So, they force the technical wrestlers to get less technical, and do High Risk Spots. I.e. Malenko's top rope gutbuster/ddt, Benoit's springboard over the top rope to outside, etc.

If I were to ever see Malenko and Benoit go at it one last time, in a true technical match, I honestly think I would cream all over myself. No lie.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Anonmatel is on a distinguished road

Personally i love seing Technical Matches. The last Technical match i remember seeing was about a year ago when Angle was Feuding with Benoit. They put on a few good Matches.

Unfortunatly we are watching a product where the casual wrestling fan would prefer to see a stinkface than a good match.

By the way. Why do all of Rikishi's Opponents try the sunset flip? you think they would have learned by now.
Anonmatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
MetalKrist

I actually thought the same thing for quite some time.

Then I realized, that they weren't TRYING for a sunset flip.

They were just regularly jumping, and the gravity of his ass pulled them over and around.

The more you know. *Cue music*
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...
Default Re: Technical Matches = Dead?

Quote:
Originally posted by MetalKrist
It has actually been a very, very long time since I have seen (what *I* would call) a technical match.

Do not give me "ALL BENOIT MATCHES ARE TECHNICAL!"

No. No they aren't.

Benoit, Malenko, Storm, all of the GREAT technical wrestlers have had very, very few *real* technical matches in the WWE/F.

(And by real, I mean not an 8 minute RAW/Smackdown! match which is quasi-technical wrestling, which is only destined to fill in the space between High Risk Spots.)

Why have there been a lack of real technical matches?

One could only think that the casual fan is turned off by 'real' wrestling.

So, they force the technical wrestlers to get less technical, and do High Risk Spots. I.e. Malenko's top rope gutbuster/ddt, Benoit's springboard over the top rope to outside, etc.

If I were to ever see Malenko and Benoit go at it one last time, in a true technical match, I honestly think I would cream all over myself. No lie.
THANK YOU,

Yes the new average wrestling fan would rather here someone talk and see them dancing in the ring. They love the wrestlers with the catchy elbows and chops and ass face's then real good ol' wrestling. Everytime i say something like this its always the same answer: "I liked it they are entertaining." Well no their not entertaining is watching dean Malenko mess up on a suplex and invent a completly new move.....that move was the Jackhammer (most people think some guy name Green in the power plant invinted it..bullshit)

Over in Japan Malenko did the Jackhammer of the top rope now tell me that shit ain't worth watching. people don't realize wrestling is dieing do to these new age "Attitude", "Get the F out" marks who cheer for the worst wrestlers and say the best one's are boring.

I would rather go back to seeing pre-recorded saturdau evening wrestling where matches and titles meant something then As the World Turns on Monday with15 minute promo's and 4 minutes wrestling.

Storm, Jericho, Benoit,Angle, Gerrearo,Satrun,Credible,Noble, Tejeri this is wrestling.

Rock, Austin, Taker, this is crap

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
MetalKrist

Agreed on almost all accounts, Dre.

Malenko personified real wrestling, during his Japan/WCW days.

There was no better technical wrestler who could still entertain.

(If you've never seen Malenko's top rope gut-buster, done either on Mysterio/Jericho or nameless Japanese wrestlers, you're missing out on the greatest wrestling move of all time.)

He invented/revolutionized/restored so many wrestling moves, it's sickening.

What happened when he came to WWF? He was put on the back burner, and given control of an ENTIRE division to run the way he saw fit. (Cruiser-weight)

It's a shame WWE does not realize that cruiser-weight matches do not work in a ring as fucking huge as the ring they use.

Easily some of the best technical matches I've ever seen:

Malenko vs. Eddie Guerrero - WCW Uncensored '97

Malenko vs. Benoit - WCW Spring Stampede '98

Malenko vs. Jericho - One of the 1,000 times they fought PPV or TV wise. (WCW really knew how to milk that one for all it was worth. Jericho = Man of 1,004 holds. Haha)