ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

UnAmericans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

colin_lefevre is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down UnAmericans

Ok, as a Canadian, I have to say that, even though i realize that this is just a gimmick, I am still sick of it. Its giving us "canucks" a bad name!!!! so heres my two ideas of what to do with it

my first idea, and my favourite, is to just end it... put e & c back together, make test someones bitch bodyguard (what he should be, he he), and allow lance storm to be a contender for the IC belt!!!!

the other is to, again, get christion out and put E&C back together, but to add some ppl to the group that arnt canadian (william regal, etc.) so it wont just look like a bunch of ignorant canadians, but a bunch of ignorant, well... not americans, lol
colin_lefevre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Go shawty...

G-Unit is on a distinguished road

i like the second idea better. as an American i dont like the Un-Americans, but they are great wrestlers, and are a great stable. i dont see Christian going back with Edge again, and i dont think he should. he needs to stay where he is and have more stars join them.

go shawty, its yo birthday, we gon' party like its yo birthday, we gon' sip Bacardi like its yo birthday, and you know we dont give a fuck its not yo birthday!

G-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to ILove Christian

NO!!!!!!!
Do NOT put E&C back together, they split them apart because they both want to be recognized for their abilities as singles wrestlers. They HAD to break them up to do that, I mean even after their brutal fued some people are still refering to "E&C" if they put them back together they would never be respected as singles wrestlers.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Go shawty...

G-Unit is on a distinguished road

thats what i'm saying

go shawty, its yo birthday, we gon' party like its yo birthday, we gon' sip Bacardi like its yo birthday, and you know we dont give a fuck its not yo birthday!

G-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Meat

Anonmatel is on a distinguished road

The only problem with the un-americans is that they just happen to be all Canadians, if you throw in another couple of people, say, William Regal, or Chavo, it would take away that fact that it's just Canadians.

They are not Pro Canada, in fact i don't think they have even mentioned Canada once in their Promos.
Anonmatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
MetalKrist

The Anti-U.S. gimmick has always been a way for cheap heat.

Canada hates U.S., U.S. couldn't care less or hardly even remember Canada.

The absolute only reason that this gimmick is making another pass around at *this* specific point in time, is because of 9/11.

Yes, the gimmick has been around before. But you will never convince me, or anyone with 1/2 a brain, that the writers weren't going "huge terrorism, huge media coverage, LET'S DO A GIMMICK ON IT AND GET SOME CHEAP EXPOSURE!"

They were.

And because of THAT, that is why it is so wrong to some people.

On a side note, I'm very surprised Lance Storm is going through with this angle. I can at least guarantee you, he doesn't like doing it.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

ILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really niceILove Christian is just really nice

What's the big deal any way?
'The Un American's are giving us Canadians a bad name?'
Umm, says who? As a girl, does that mean Stacy Kiebler is giving me a bad name when she takes her skirt off and dances around in a thong? No, that's crazy talk!
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by MetalKrist

On a side note, I'm very surprised Lance Storm is going through with this angle. I can at least guarantee you, he doesn't like doing it.
How do you know?

(I'm not being mean, I just want to know)
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

J-Syxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes, the gimmick has been around before. But you will never convince me, or anyone with 1/2 a brain, that the writers weren't going "huge terrorism, huge media coverage, LET'S DO A GIMMICK ON IT AND GET SOME CHEAP EXPOSURE!"

They were.

And because of THAT, that is why it is so wrong to some people.
Oh, please anyone who is ofended by this angle is an overly senseitive prick. It has nothing to do with 9/11. The only thing that ever connected the two was Lance Storm making a comment about civilian casualities or something in Afghanistan. What it does has to do with is various foreigners hating us. As you notice on the news now South Africa has joined the hate america and blame them for your problems band-wagon. The fact that its Canadians just makes it funny becaue we are on really good terms with them and they're right to the north of us. So what if they're getting huge heat because of hightened patriotism, cry me a river. I'm glad this stable has gone over aswell as it has. I hope it goes even further and Lance Storm grabs the IC title while in the unamericans.
J-Syxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
MetalKrist

How?

Read his online commentary at his site.

Before/during/after 9/11.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by J-$ick

Oh, please anyone who is ofended by this angle is an overly senseitive prick. It has nothing to do with 9/11. The only thing that ever connected the two was Lance Storm making a comment about civilian casualities or something in Afghanistan. What it does has to do with is various foreigners hating us. As you notice on the news now South Africa has joined the hate america and blame them for your problems band-wagon. The fact that its Canadians just makes it funny becaue we are on really good terms with them and they're right to the north of us. So what if they're gett huge heat because of hightened patriotism, cry me a river. I'm glad this stable has gone over aswell as it has. I hope it goes even further and Lance Storm grabs the IC title while in the unamericans.
this is true
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by MetalKrist
How?

Read his online commentary at his site.

Before/during/after 9/11.
I have read all his commentaries.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilove Christian

I have read all his commentaries,it has nothing to do with Sept. 11
Old 30 Aug 2002, 02:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Igloo's Love Slave

oops, I meant to hit edit instaed of quote!!!
How embarasing for me!
Old 30 Aug 2002, 03:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
MetalKrist

You've obviously not read it too carefully, or you would notice Lance Storm thinks very highly of the U.S., and how he and his family "mounred the loss of those who died that day"