ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

compare and contrast: Batista vs. Hercules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2004, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default compare and contrast: Batista vs. Hercules

okay, I'm going to start several of these threads over the next few days.....hopefully it doesn't leave some of the younger posters out.....what I'm looking for is your thoughts on who is the better wrestler/entertainer, past vs. present.....I'm going to try and pit people that have the same style of gimmick, etc.....I may need a little help in the end, though.....

anyway, for the first one.....

David Batista

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon-wrestling.com

David Bautista got his start in this business like so many others in this industry - by finding someone to teach him the right way to do it. That someone was Afa, of WWE fame, and also of the Wild Samoan Training Center in Allentown, PA. There, Dave learned the basics of this business from someone who had been through it himself.

Through hard work and dedication, Dave earned himself a spot in Afa's WXW promotion, debuting in July 1999 as Kahn. During his seven month tenure in WXW, Batista was overpowering - to the point that WWE brass started to pay attention. Dave was rewarded for his efforts by being sent to OVW, a known WWE training ground for up-and-coming talent.

Batista's national television debut came on May 9, 2002, when he appeared on SmackDown in the corner of D'Von as Deacon Batista. He carried a lockbox for donations to be made to D'Von's "ministry" and helped the Reverend to an impressive streak of victories, including one over Triple H. However, Batista was not to be overshadowed for long and he parted ways with D'von, in dramatic fashion, in September of 2002, leaving SmackDown behind.

An independent and determined David Batista made his RAW debut on November 4, 2002. The familiar dominance continued, as he racked up victory after victory, subjecting all who dared enter his path to the now feared sit-out power bomb. People took notice, including wrestling legend Ric Flair. It wasn't long before Flair and Batista formed a partnership, which slowly became something more with the addition of Randy Orton and Triple H .
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsofpain.net
Fernandez achieved his greatest success in the business as "The Mighty" Hercules in the WWF/WWE during the 80's and the early 90's. Hercules was first brought into the WWF/WWE as a member of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan's stable. During his time with Heenan, Fernandez's biggest feud was with the wrestler Billy Jack Haynes in 1987 over which superstar had the best full nelson as their finisher. Hercules split from Heenan's stable between Wrestlemania 4 and Wrestlemania 5, and went on to be a popular mid-card wrestler. He later turned back to a heel in 1990 when he teamed up with Paul Roma to form the tag team "Power & Glory"

Fernandez left the WWF/WWE in the early 90's and headed over to New Japan Pro Wrestling where he teamed up with former WCW superstar Scott Norton to form the "Jurassic Powers" tag team. He also had a brief run in WCW as Super Invader. Fernandez retired from the business several years ago, but did make one more wrestling appearance when he worked a show for the Gladiator Championship Wrestling promotion in 2001.
very similar in style, in my opinion.....both powerhouse wrestlers.....

anyway, give me some feedback.....who do you think is better?.....who would win if going against each other?.....

and, is this a good idea?

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.

Last edited by Oeo; 23 Sep 2004 at 04:13 PM. Reason: forgot to put Hercules' name in.....
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2004, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

*crickets*

glad I wasted my time with this.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote