ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Rant: Piss Poor Booking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Rant: Piss Poor Booking

Fucking christ, WWE's booking is so shitty. I don't even know where the fuck to begin

Ok, let's see. The build for Benoit prior to Rumble and thereafter was great. Heyman said he would never get another title shot again. Benoit wins the Rumble and heads over to Raw. He'll never be able to win the big one. All great build. The win at Mania was amazing. Then, the awful booking began.

Benoit took a backseat to everything. HBK and HHH hogged the spotlight over the champion. They even got the Main Event slot at the PPV where Benoit first defended his title. Bullshit.

Kane gets rid of one of the spotlight whores in HBK, but Benoit takes a fucking backseat to HHH and Eugene. He takes a god damn backseat to a fucking retard.

Not only does he take a backseat to a retard, he's made to look inferior to him. The HEAVYWEIGHT fucking CHAMP can't take out Evolution, but yet Eugene the Tard can? Give me a god damn break.

Orton becomes number contender for the title, and Benoit still has no focus on him. It's all about Orton. Bullshit.

The PPV match was pretty good, but Benoit goes down clean as a whistle to ONE FUCKING RKO?!?! Any other champion it takes at least 2 or 3.

Rematch on Raw, interference and Benoit loses. Next show he doesn't complain at all. Seriously, any other champion would have been pissing, moaning, bitching and throwing a tantrum (see HHH) until they got a title shot. Benoit just accepts it. Fucking piss.

PPV following his title loss, he's in the OPENING FUCKING MATCH IN A GOD DAMN TAG MATCH WITH WILLIAM REGAL???!!? Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Raw after Unforgiven, he wrestles Rob Conway. No knock on Conway, but he ain't in Benoit's league. Total lack of respect by everyone who controls the booking.

So now at the end of this Raw, Benoit decided to come out and help the man who took his title? Makes perfect fucking sense to me.

Fuck the bookers. They have done an absolutely piss poor booking job with Benoit. They have shown him ZERO fucking respect and haven't treated him like someone of his caliber should be treated.

Rant over.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2004, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
IC Champion

Carlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Carlito Cool Send a message via Yahoo to Carlito Cool

That is so true,HHH gets title back,Benoit is completely out of the fuckin title picture.Hell,he fuckin wrestled on Heat.When's the last time Trips wrestled on heat.
Good post Stick
Carlito Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

STEEK. I love you.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Nothing changes on RAW.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I totally agree with you Stick.

I really want to know what the point was of having Benoit drop the title to Orton so only fours weeks later Orton loses it to Triple H,oh I know why,because Triple H got tired of jobbing to Benoit so he thought he would just job to Orton.

Now Benoit is far away from the main event and it truly is sad,I really would like to see him get another shot at the belt but now we have to deal with this Orton/Triple H feud for the next few months.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKzophrenic
Fucking christ, WWE's booking is so shitty. I don't even know where the fuck to begin

Ok, let's see. The build for Benoit prior to Rumble and thereafter was great. Heyman said he would never get another title shot again. Benoit wins the Rumble and heads over to Raw. He'll never be able to win the big one. All great build. The win at Mania was amazing. Then, the awful booking began.

Benoit took a backseat to everything. HBK and HHH hogged the spotlight over the champion. They even got the Main Event slot at the PPV where Benoit first defended his title. Bullshit.

Kane gets rid of one of the spotlight whores in HBK, but Benoit takes a fucking backseat to HHH and Eugene. He takes a god damn backseat to a fucking retard.

Not only does he take a backseat to a retard, he's made to look inferior to him. The HEAVYWEIGHT fucking CHAMP can't take out Evolution, but yet Eugene the Tard can? Give me a god damn break.

Orton becomes number contender for the title, and Benoit still has no focus on him. It's all about Orton. Bullshit.

The PPV match was pretty good, but Benoit goes down clean as a whistle to ONE FUCKING RKO?!?! Any other champion it takes at least 2 or 3.

Rematch on Raw, interference and Benoit loses. Next show he doesn't complain at all. Seriously, any other champion would have been pissing, moaning, bitching and throwing a tantrum (see HHH) until they got a title shot. Benoit just accepts it. Fucking piss.

PPV following his title loss, he's in the OPENING FUCKING MATCH IN A GOD DAMN TAG MATCH WITH WILLIAM REGAL???!!? Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Raw after Unforgiven, he wrestles Rob Conway. No knock on Conway, but he ain't in Benoit's league. Total lack of respect by everyone who controls the booking.

So now at the end of this Raw, Benoit decided to come out and help the man who took his title? Makes perfect fucking sense to me.

Fuck the bookers. They have done an absolutely piss poor booking job with Benoit. They have shown him ZERO fucking respect and haven't treated him like someone of his caliber should be treated.

Rant over.
Hell yeah...I actually agree totally. Sorry about being a supposed SPAMMER earlier STICK...
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Like nobody knew HHH would get the title. I think he has a medical condition where he cannot be without the title for too long.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alli Sabbah
Like nobody knew HHH would get the title. I think he has a medical condition where he cannot be without the title for too long.
It isn't the fact that he got the title really, it's that they completely fucked over Benoit in the process.

Instead of slapping the fuckin belt on Orton for the sole purpose of him being able to claim 'youngest champ ever blah blah blah', they could have actually had HHH beat Benoit one on one. That would have drawn their feud out some more. Then Orton wins the Rumble and the number 1 contendership, while HHH and Benoit finish off their feud making it HHH vs Orton at Mania. Instead we have this rushed ass feud, and a shitty one month title reign by Greeny McOrton

Like I said, piss poor.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Quote:
Instead we have this rushed ass feud, and a shitty one month title reign by Greeny McOrton
Greeny McOrton would be funnier...

... Just letting you know...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 01:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
Greeny McOrton would be funnier...

... Just letting you know...
That's what I put

Old 14 Sep 2004, 05:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

The focus on Benoit was never there because the WWE doesnt know how to push a champ based on wrestling ability. Thats what Benoit was, a wrestling champ...not the entertainment champ they wanted. He was never a draw. he didnt bring big numbers....he was an interim champ at best...he got the belt because he was due...and they needed a change...

Eugene being able to do what Benoit couldnt do is as retarded as Eugene however. It made their champ look weak...like Eugene was better than Benoit. Since Benoit was riding on wrestling ability alone...his credability was hot..he was done.

Randy taking the belt, was done to switch things up...they were testing the waters with him. They needed to see if he could hold the belt. I suppose they decided he wasnt ready yet. So they had the biggest heel on Raw take the belt off of their chosen babyface. How better to get a face over with the crowd than to send him up against HHH?

It seems to have worked...the crowd is behind Randy more than ever. a few more months of sustaing that and Randy will be ready to take the belt back. Beating HHH clean in the center of the Ring...most likely at the Rumble. Keeping HHH out of the Rumble, and costing him a title match at Wrestlemania. Hopefully at The Rumble, Randy will begin his legthy title run..hopefully about 11 months or so.

If anything needs to be bitched about its how Benoit has been handled....he either needs to go heel or go back to Smackdown. There is nothing for him on RAW.

btw....about Benoit coming down to help Randy...
I'm pretty sure after he was beat clean by Randy, Orton got some respect. They shook hands ...besides...It isnt always about helping someone, its about hurting someone else.
Even if Benoit doesnt like Randy so much, he hates HHH and Evolution....so he took the oportunity to beat the shit out of them.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 06:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Angle
The focus on Benoit was never there because the WWE doesnt know how to push a champ based on wrestling ability. Thats what Benoit was, a wrestling champ...not the entertainment champ they wanted. He was never a draw. he didnt bring big numbers....he was an interim champ at best...he got the belt because he was due...and they needed a change...
Noone expected him to draw big numbers... Noone expected him to bring big numbers. Though a face champ defending against all challengers for more then four months could have helped to bring some sort gap between HHH being 8 time champion and being 9 time champion. Instead... Benoit comes off as you say... An interim... and Orton is worse off now then when he was after he won the world title.

Quote:
Eugene being able to do what Benoit couldnt do is as retarded as Eugene however. It made their champ look weak...like Eugene was better than Benoit. Since Benoit was riding on wrestling ability alone...his credability was hot..he was done.
agreed. thus stupid booking.

Quote:
Randy taking the belt, was done to switch things up...they were testing the waters with him. They needed to see if he could hold the belt. I suppose they decided he wasnt ready yet. So they had the biggest heel on Raw take the belt off of their chosen babyface. How better to get a face over with the crowd than to send him up against HHH?
Ooh i dont know. Have him so seriously screwed out of the title. That the fans want nothing less then blood. Instead he got screwed the same way every other face gets screwed. Yes it may work. But not as well as it could have.
There was no testing the waters... They were only wiping out Brocks record. Which is why Randy will win the Rumble this year.

Quote:
It seems to have worked...the crowd is behind Randy more than ever. a few more months of sustaing that and Randy will be ready to take the belt back. Beating HHH clean in the center of the Ring...most likely at the Rumble. Keeping HHH out of the Rumble, and costing him a title match at Wrestlemania. Hopefully at The Rumble, Randy will begin his legthy title run..hopefully about 11 months or so.
LMFAO... Your kidding right. There is more chance of hell freezing over then HHH not being in the Wrestlemania main event. I mean that sincerely.

Quote:
If anything needs to be bitched about its how Benoit has been handled....he either needs to go heel or go back to Smackdown. There is nothing for him on RAW.
I thought thats what this thread was. Bitching about the way Benoit has been handled???

Quote:
btw....about Benoit coming down to help Randy...
I'm pretty sure after he was beat clean by Randy, Orton got some respect. They shook hands ...besides...It isnt always about helping someone, its about hurting someone else.
Even if Benoit doesnt like Randy so much, he hates HHH and Evolution....so he took the oportunity to beat the shit out of them.
So he is the formulaic face now... For fucks sake. The least he could have done was beat Evolution senseless and shown his intentions to Orton by giving him a Crippler as well. Showing everyone that noone is safe. All of a sudden Benoit gets back to that character that was unpredictable and only did things to succeed. But that would be too much work... and the writers think the crowd might be confused. FUCKING STUPID WRITERS!

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:

Rant over.
Nice post.........

It is very true on how bad they have done Benoit with the world title.

Never while Benoit was the World Champ was he the main focuse point. He always took a backseat to HHH, HBK, Eugene, Kane and Evolution. On the night of Raw where both rosters were on the same show for the very first time since the split. We saw true respect paid to Eddy Geurrero as he Main Evented Raw that night in a title defense against HHH. While at the same time we saw the World champion Benoit get a shitty thrown together 5 minute match with Rhyno.

It wasn't until Vengence that Benoit had his first 1 on 1 title defense in the Main Event slot. His second came after losing to Randy Orton (who I agree won the title to fast as well). Two 1 on 1 ME is all Benoit got, the rest he either was not in or was simply the 3rd wheel in the HBK/HHH fued. He just happend to be the other guy there but was never focused on. Benoit as World Champion never even had an actual fued. The closet he had was with HHH, and even then HHH didn't have a fued with Benoit he just wanted his title back, there was no real feeling of importance.

Add in the fact that the WWE now has a very boring angle going on with the world title at the moment, feels like the same recyled shit from a few months ago, and I would say it is some very rush booking, which leads to terriable results as I am now seeing......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2004, 01:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Exo
Now, even sexier!

Exo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DCExo You want to be like DC

LMAO, I knew since day one that Benoit would be nothing but an interim champ. Benoit got his dues and that was about it. WWE is not about to let Benoit carry the show, even has champ. These are HHH's days, and thus, everything is about him. But he likes Benoit, so he let him hold his belt for a while, he even did him the decency of not squashing him to take it back, but we all no that it was always hhh's belt.

And I remember LMAO when Eugene came out to save Benoit lol. That was some funny shit and I was argueing with somebody about how weak it made benoit look in that raw thread.

What really bothered me the most about HHH's stealing of the glory, was how quickly he latched onto Eugene. I mean, that retard was a fucking joke untill the rock put him over. Next thing you know, ppl are popping for him like crazy. Enter HHH, who I can only presume never had any intention of dealing with this retarded gimmick untill he realized it was a way to get more tv time and ride the bandwagon. Eugene's hot, HHH is right there to steal the show.

I also remember Kane getting more importance than Benoit at various times, which is really beyond me how Kane manages to get more airtime than anybody.

But the bottom line is this. Benoit has zero mic skills, and the wwe don't want him running his mouth. They spend more time backstage than they do in the ring and Benoit couldn't carry that part. Hey, he got a respectable title reign, even though he was more overshadowed than Y2J's. The thing that really killed him was jobbing to that rookie. I figured it was the same thing, to take Brock's claim away. But it also had the added benifit of putting evolution and HHH all over the scene. Yeah, it's pretty stupid, and even for someone who hates Benoit, I know how much he was downplayed by the powers to be.

whatever the case, ever since wm, I have seen few things go right on RAW. Which is pretty darn sad since I was so damn excited about the scene leading up to WM.

Click to subscribe to the podcast feed or Download Episode 33 and give your feedback in the KPWF room.

DEV INTERVIEW IS POSTED!

Exo is offline   Reply With Quote