ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Commentators/Announcers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Sep 2004, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
IC Champion

Carlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Carlito Cool Send a message via Yahoo to Carlito Cool
Default Commentators/Announcers

Okay, we all (okay well most of us or osme at least) saw the little thing between Cole and Heyman on SD! which was funny how Cole was getting all crazy,then HYPEdeinreich comes and he runs away like a little bitch.

Anyways,who's your favorite commentator/announcer that actually gives it a whole different feeling when you hear their commentating to wrestling.

Also,Who's commentating is better,J.R. and lawler from RAW or Tazz/Cole from SD!?
Carlito Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

I like Tazz alot as an announcer, he's a breath of fresh air. So, just because of Tazz, I'll go with Smackdown. I like how he will call a move by a name, then give you some other names that the move goes by. Like how he will call a T-Bone suplex a T-Bone suplex and an Exploder. He just makes the matches fell better. His work on the Benoit DVD was great because he knows so much about wrestling.

That and JR can't go a night without calling at least a dozen moves by their wrong name. He's been like that since 98.

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 12:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Although J.R can get quite annoying to listen especially during a rest move I have to admit it just wouldn't be the same without J.R, He's the only man that I know that can somehow commentate he way through just about anything and he's years or experience and general voice in Video tributes are somewhat tatooed into my mind.

Lawler on the Other hand, We could all do without Lawler, Doesn't have much to say doing a much and generally jabbers on about nothing even related to the match itself.

-----------
Cole, Well Cole is soooooo boring but I guess you can't blame him since His Partner has all the flare adn dimension to the SmackDown! commentating team. Cole is still be better asset compaired to Lawler and well Cole discusses shit with Tazz and Cole tries much harder....

Tazz, Generally my favourite commentator but I have this second thought running, He shouldn't be behind the desk even though he's doing such a fine job with Cole calling these macthes. As said before Tazz somehow manages to explain moves and holds we don't understand and call these hidious matches that are on SmackDown!. So give them both a raise Vince, they both try and they're doing heir best.

Conclusion:
Keep J.R, He's a fine commentator
Get Lawler to do something else for a change
Give Tazz and Cole a raise
Old 11 Sep 2004, 12:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

JR is ridiculous. The next time he says something original will be the first. His idea of a well called match always ends with him screaming like he was watching the JFK assassination up close, in person for the first time.

Michael Cole is quite simply the biggest weenie ever. "Queer eye for the wrestling guy" is what I'd call him, but I know many gay guys who could stomp that vermin into the ground as easily as I can pop the lid on a pickle jar, and I don't want to insult them. His voice alone is more annoying than a thousand consecutive references by JR about someone being "tougher than a $2 steak." Why Vince McMahon chose to employ him at all is beyond me.

Tazz is outstanding. His knowledge of the art, his delivery and his wit make him the perfect tough but smart counterpart to Michael Cole's metrosexualist ineptitude.

Lawler is tolerable, but that's mainly because he's effective at comic relief.

No WWE commentator however could ever be as good IMO as either Gorilla Monsoon or Jesse "The Mind" Ventura were. Monsoon called every match straight and didn't start taking shots at the heels unless they were cheating...unlike certain fat ass, 10 gallon hat wearing, about to have a stroke bitches who don't move their jaws when they speak.

Ventura was just classic. I always used to love when he'd tell McMahon to shut the hell up...and that usually happened two or three times a match, especially if McMahon tried to do the replays. A big part of that was Ventura's undeniable charisma and wit, and another big part of that was that I hated Vince McMahon as a commentator. He was such a face mark, it made me sick. Imagine my surprise when, years later after I hadn't been watching WWF for a while, I found out he was in fact the owner of the company.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I miss the old days of Heenan and monsoon. They were the best announcer team I can ever remember. They just had this amazing chemistry with Monsoon being the tough guy face and Heenan being the weasilly heel.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 01:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I'm gonna go with Tazz and Cole on this one.

The reason why I chose them is because when they call a match they actually pay attentiont to the actual match that's going on,sure Cole can get irritating most of the time with his screaming but I never hear him flub a name of a move like JR does.Plus there's Tazz,who is quite entertaining when he picks on Cole and he knows his shit when he's calling a match.

Where as JR is good and I do like him but he most of the time he'll flub the name of a move or when he yells it just really bugs me,as for Lawler...well I wish I could just go through the TV screen and choke him to death whenever he doesn't pay attention to the matches and blabs about something stupid like Kane and Lita or the divas,JR is definitely the better commentator of the two.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Tazz > Cole, Lawler, JR COMBINED

Seriously, Tazz is a great commentator. I like how he uses his wrestling experience to describe what a particular move feels like, and the bodypart it works over, and what damage can be done. Cole goes overboard sometimes, and he sounds fucking gay as hell. Cole especially sounds gay when two people have appeared to form an alliance of sorts, and he ALWAYS is wondering what kind of relationship they have No Cole, not everyone is a homo like you.

JR sucks. I hate him. He calls everything a fuckin modified slam. He slurs all of his speech. He goes overboard bashing the heels. He sucks the face's cock, despite them JUST being a heel the night before He starts talking about other garbage that doesn't even pertain to the match that is currently being wrestled. God damn, he seriously doesn't have one god damn redeeming quality. Well, aside of the fact that Kane burned his fat tub-o-lard ass. That was hilarious It was also quite hilarious when Austin turned on him, and kicked his ass. Another great JR moment was when HHH broke his arm Now that I think of it, every favorite JR moment is him having bodily harm inflicted upon his obese ass

Now to King. He used to be a wrestler, so why doesn't he use that to his advantage? All he talks about is puppies and legs. Shut up. I hate hearing your high pitched voiced everytime you ejaculate over something that isn't even remotely similar to being considered sexy. Stop spoogin yourself ya pedophile
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 01:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I've been enjoying Cole and Tazz's work as of late. but i like JR's ability to add some excitement to the match.

but i'd have to go with Cole and tazz for this one.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
THE fucking Kanenite!

The Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud ofThe Bleak has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to The Bleak

Hey Stick. It wasn't a time that he was suffering bodily harm, but isn't another favorite JR moment of yours the time Undertaker shoved his face into Vince McMahon's bare ass?

Disclaimer: All comments made by this poster have a high probability of being made while under the influence of alachol.
The Bleak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

yeah im going with Cole/Tazz 2

their commentary has improved they have weaknesses but its not big like JR and Lawler i dont know if you guys been noticing but JR's commentary has reduced to quiet mumbling with Lawler and its fuckin annoying its like the only other way to get him to call a match now is if something major is going down in the ring.

oh yeah Tazz needs to stop saying "Not for nothing or some shit" it doesnt sound right especially when it gets repeated

Last edited by Crunk; 11 Sep 2004 at 01:33 PM.
Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 02:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Tazz is easily the best Commentator in the WWE..His wrestling knowledge is superb..and He play a neutral commentator really well..although he does tend to lean heel a little..which makes sense..JR and Lawler spit off the same recycled stuff every week..so in the end..

Tazz and Cole>Lawler and JR..
Old 11 Sep 2004, 02:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I loved the Tazz/JR team at the Royal Rumble... I want them to team up on PPVs...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

Cole always does things at really bad times. Instead of selling a beatdown, he'll plug the next PPV less then 3 seconds after.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 04:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelbond
I loved the Tazz/JR team at the Royal Rumble... I want them to team up on PPVs...
Same here,I thought they were great together and wouldn't mind seeing them team up again.

I also agree with Stick that everytime JR gets the crap kicked out of him by somebody is fuckin hilarious,it's also funny when Lawler trys to help and he gets his ass kicked aswell.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2004, 04:40 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bleak
So, just because of Tazz, I'll go with Smackdown. I like how he will call a move by a name, then give you some other names that the move goes by. Like how he will call a T-Bone suplex a T-Bone suplex and an Exploder. He just makes the matches fell better. His work on the Benoit DVD was great because he knows so much about wrestling.
Agreed.

Jr. is awful anymore, and whenver Asstin is around he does nothing but praise Asstin ever when he gave Stacy a stunner. And, all the King cares about are "puppies". I'm sick of the sluts, his ranting over them, and tits being called puppies.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote