ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

A Look Back: The Lottery Draft.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Sep 2004, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default A Look Back: The Lottery Draft.

Some of what has happened to the people who changed shows, or were part of a stable that was broken up....

Benjamin - He had a nice little start on Raw, but has been MIA due to injury recently.

Haas - Tag team with Rico of all people. Now he's a jobber.

These two could have been one of the greatest tag teams of all time, and now look at them? I doubt that Benjamin will get a push when he returns, and I doubt they will push Haas for anything ever again.

Palumbo/FBI - Palumbo changed shows. He could have stayed on SD! and been part of a decent stable/tag team. I think him and Stamboli could have been solid, especially in the tag division. Nunzio could also tag with them, and double as a singles cruiserweight.

Dudleyz (all 3) - Spike is now the cruiser champ and I think he sucks. The Dudleyz had a mini feud with Taker, which was fucking pointless and accomplished nothing.

Tajiri - He's on Raw, in a thrown together tag team with Rhyno, after jobbing to fucking coach of all people. He very easily could have stayed on SD!, and been in a mini stable with Akio and Sakoda. He could have tagged with either of them, as well as doubling as a singles cruiser.

Rene Dupree - He is the most disappointing. He was doing fine in La Resistance. I really liked that stable, which has now been reduced to just a tag team. Dupree is now a jobber on SD!.

RVD - He's a jobber, so it makes no difference what show he's on.

Booker T - He's about the only one who is having success. He's having a decent feud with Cena, and holding the US Title.

So let's see, WWE ruined what could have been a pretty solid tag team division, had they kept some together on SD!, and just traded HHH back to Raw for a few of them. Seriously, look at what could have been their tag team division.

Dudleyz
La Resistance
WGTT
Bashams (where have they been anyways?)
Tajiri/Akio/Sakoda
FBI
Kidman/London

That's 7 teams that they could have had on one show. I believe that is PLENTY to support a good tag division.

So not only did they break up good tag teams and stables, they also subtracted a good cruiser from that division.

Kinda makes me sick to see how much they really dropped the ball (like I said way back when the lottery draft took place).
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2004, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
WHO'S NEXT !

Dukey can only hope to improveDukey can only hope to improve

i reckon the combination of Rhyno and Tahiri is fine, id rather watching him fight along side with Rhyno than when he was with Akio and Sakoda.
Tajiri as a heel wasnt a good move imo.

ive got a feeling when shelton comes back he will contend the IC Title and would make a good contender/champ, shelton over edge anyday :P
the dudleys i am lovin atm, back to their ole ECW days
Old 02 Sep 2004, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukey
i reckon the combination of Rhyno and Tahiri is fine, id rather watching him fight along side with Rhyno than when he was with Akio and Sakoda.
Tajiri as a heel wasnt a good move imo.

ive got a feeling when shelton comes back he will contend the IC Title and would make a good contender/champ, shelton over edge anyday :P
the dudleys i am lovin atm, back to their ole ECW days
Tajiri could have easily been made a face on SD!. They do turns all the time, and his mini stable with them made sense. Him and Rhyno makes no sense at all.

I hope Shelton can contend for something when he comes back, but I doubt they'll push him like they were prior to his injury.

As for the Dudleyz goin 'back to their ECW days', that's a joke. ECW was hardcore, and the Dudleyz haven't been hardcore in the slightest. Yeah, they have been more entertaining lately, but likening this to ECW is crazy....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Sep 2004, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
WHO'S NEXT !

Dukey can only hope to improveDukey can only hope to improve

i mean with their attitude.
but the thing im not liking is that they havent put someone thru a table in ages :P
and the last time i rememebr was spiking jumpin on rey on SD a few weeks ago, that was bout it.
Old 03 Sep 2004, 04:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

The Dudley's will never be Truely Hardcore again..this is the WWE..the only thing remotly hardcore they will ever do is put someone through a table..which got old to me..personally..I think Edge and Christian's Conchairto is more hardcore..
Old 03 Sep 2004, 04:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

Putting someone through is not hardcore = WWE.

Throwing someone over a bridge onto a flaming garbage truck and then throwing paul Bearer's Cement Body,(OH i Mean internal problemS!Onto your nuts and then saying E,C, DUB then having th garbage truck spontaniously explode and then having the cement body fly into your house and then fly back to your face and then you compete next week = ECW

Dudleys throwing an old lady into a table = Jim Ross's favorite show, Muppet Babies.

Orton being champ = Priceless
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2004, 05:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Bottom line is that the draft didnt do all that much to help. Benjamin would be in good shape now if he wouldn't have been injured. As stick said smackdown HAD a potential tag division but they screwed that up. Seems to be a trend in the wwe these days.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Sep 2004, 05:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Nothing for now.

_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers_UT_ will continue to be publicly fellated by PWFers
Send a message via Yahoo to _UT_

Stick nailed it. At least Booker is somewhat credible again. Keep him a friggin' heel WWE.

I did. Remember?? You're just following me around acting like a little bitch posting after every post I put down because...well, because hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

You're probably sitting there wishing you had a pic of my kids so you could Photoshop them onto something because that's all you can really do.

Sure...you can take a run at numbfuck SC or plainjane Josh or complete moron Alex or can't get out of his own way Boston...but I don't agree with you about Barry and it's "Rueben Droughns this" "weed that" "your kids this" "Look at me and my halo over my head that."

Whatever. First of all, you don't have any depth of knowledge about any of that stuff, so you're just talking out of your ass. Secondly, you wouldn't be saying any of that shit if Barry Bonds wasn't some roided up freak who you're in love with.

It's fucking gay. I have better things to do than deal with someone who can't even debate a point, rather changes the subject again and again to deflect the fact that he's dead wrong. It's what dumbass 6th graders do...

I honestly don't give a fuck about your opinion. Like I told Alex, they're just words on a screen. I can't believe you don't get that concept...but okay.

I mean...you're the kind of guy that thinks if you yell louder than the other person, you will win a debate. And that's not new either...I've pretty much thought that about you from day one...

I didn't want to put it that way, but since you want to press on...

Lame dude. Just lame. I have better shit to do. You probably should too...but I'm betting you don't...

Late.
_UT_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2004, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

The only thing that I didn't about the whole lottery was the split of Haas and Benjamin,they were the best Tag Team WWE had and they were my favorite team.When Shelton's name was called I was really pissed,though he did have some success on Raw before his injury,hopefully they'll push him but I doubt it.Also,it would have been better to see Shelton be the one to beat Orton for the IC Title but they gave it to that lame ass Edge.

Same with Haas,I would really like to see him feud with Booker for the US Title after Booker's feud with Cena is over,I did like him and Rico together but Rico got injured.

I guess I'm the only one who still doesn't find Booker T very entertaining,though I will admit he does make a decent US Champ.The last time I found him entertaining was during his days in WCW before he won the World Championship.

The Dudleyz are more interesting now as heels and I enjoy watching them,but I still think Spike sucks.

I think Tajiri is doing okay on Raw,I'm liking him and Rhyno as team.

So yeah,the only thing I hated was the split of WGTT,Smackdown really got screwed with the lottery.

Last edited by Jason; 04 Sep 2004 at 12:06 AM.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Sep 2004, 02:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
The only thing that I didn't about the whole lottery was the split of Haas and Benjamin,they were the best Tag Team WWE had and they were my favorite team.
I had been thinking for a while at that point that Shelton needed to go out on his own. It's a shame that he's been forgotten about, he could be great if brought along properly...Haas...I dunno. I think to truly be great in the WWE you have to be able to go singles and not just straight out tag team. Look at the Dudleys, on their own it doesn't work. Together, it can. I don't see Haas having any singles success in the future.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote