ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Carlos Cool Carribean?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Aug 2004, 10:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin
Default Carlito Carribean Cool

Wow, just when you think the wwe comes up with stupid names, and ideas, they keep up with the shit.

apparently this will involve the next member of the OVW-to-WWE group of this year Carly Colon. while i have no clue on the storyline, this will definitely be something to see when it happenson SD. is the 2nd generation worker good or bad? another Tomko, or another Orton? we'll see.

your thoughts.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2004, 11:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

When the promo first started I was like,"What the hell?" and then it said the person's name.

I'm interested in seeing this guy and see if he's any good,can't really say if he's going to be like Tomko or Orton because most of us have not even seen the guy wrestle yet.

I'll wait until I see the guy wrestle and then I'll judge him.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2004, 02:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Never heard or seen him so Ill either tear him up or give him some props after i see him in the ring.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2004, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Carly Colon is the Son of Carlos Colon. His father is one of the best wrestlers in Latin America and I hathe honor of talking to him a lot of times. Even Ric Flair Praised his father big time. I remember Flair telling once that Carlos Colon could of been big if he would of come to the US but he never did. I've seen his son and he is really good but not as good as his father. We'll see what happens with him. I'm looking foward to see him.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2004, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Colon does have great bloodlines.....I'm guessing this was a promo on Smackdown?....I haven't seen it yet.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2004, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Here is his father's bio

Carlos Colon

He sports over seventy scars on his forehead, which he deems as trophies for over three decades worth of legendary wars inside the wrestling ring. A multiple champion and leading promoter, he was the most instrumental pioneer in establishing the Caribbean wrestling territory through his efforts in building the World Wrestling Council into one of the most competitive territories in the world. Carlos Colon, is the greatest Puerto Rican wrestler of all-time and the king of Caribbean wrestling.

Carlos Colon was believed to be born on July 18, 1950, and was raised in San Isabel, Puerto Rico, where he soon grew interested in the professional wrestling industry. Standing at just 5í10Ē, 240 pounds, Colon did not have the most intimidating build; however, he would quickly establish a reputation as one of the islandís toughest competitors. He made his wrestling debut as a teenager in 1965, and competed under a variety of different gimmicks, including Prince Kukuya and Carlos Belafonte, before eventually becoming best known as Carlitos Colon among the Puerto Rican wrestling community.

During the late 1960ís and early 70ís, Colon bounced around from territory to territory, wrestling for a variety of different promoters before he and Victor Jovica eventually decided to form their own wrestling promotion in 1973. The two formed Capitol Sports Promotions, which became the governing body for their new federation, the World Wrestling Council. During the 1970ís, Colon scored a coup when he negotiated regular programming for WWC wrestling on Puerto Rican television station WAPA-TV. Almost instantly, the promotion became the leading wrestling territory in the Caribbean, with the broadcasts helping to popularize the sport among what would become an adamant local fan base.

In the ring, Carlos Colon also established himself as the bona-fide superstar in the region. As the companyís centerpiece performer, Colon had emerged as the premier wrestler in all of Caribbean wrestling, which also featured such stars as Hercules Ayala, Jose Miguel Perez, Hurricane Castillo, and Invader I, while also regularly presenting such visiting wrestling celebrities as Abdullah the Butcher, Pedro Morales, Ox Baker, and Dory Funk Jr., among many others. Over the course of his 30-year career, Colon would hold the WWC Heavyweight Championship an incredible 26 times, the Puerto Rican title 9 times, the North American title 8 times, plus several runs as a tag team titlist. In addition to his championship success, Colon was renowned for engaging in several of the bloodiest hardcore wars of all-time, battling against some of the sportís most legendary figures. His decades-long rivalry with the Sudanese madman, Abdullah the Butcher, may be the most gruesome feud in the history of wrestling, as the two have spilled gallons of blood over hundreds of extreme battles throughout the 1970ís and 80ís. In addition, Colon constantly fought the likes of Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, Ernie Ladd, and others who would make frequent trips to the Caribbean in order to take on the Puerto Rican legend.

On September 17, 1983, the WWC celebrated its 10th Anniversary Show at Roberto Clemente Stadium in San Juan, with 32,000 fans witnessing WWC Champion Carlos Colon battling NWA World Champion Harley Race to a 60-minute draw in a title vs. title encounter. Three months later, new NWA World Champion Ric Flair made the trip to Puerto Rico in order to challenge Colonís WWC belt in a title unification steel cage bout. On December 18, 1983, with thousands of his local fans cheering him on, Carlos Colon would score the crowning achievement of his career, defeating Flair to win the World Heavyweight Championship. However, the NWA refused to recognize the victory; and in response, Colonís WWC title was subsequently renamed the Universal Heavyweight Championship.

Carlos Colon would continue to dominate the region throughout the rest of the decade, and even had a brief run in the WWF as a guest participant in the 1993 Royal Rumble before eventually retiring from active competition in the mid-1990ís. Upon retiring, Colon has helped to train his sons, Eddy and Carly, who have since become top WWC stars as well. In fact, Carly Colon is himself a 9-time Universal Champion, and also frequently appears in WWE dark matches. Carlos Colon continues to serve as the WWCís head promoter, and his influence is responsible for single-handily building the Caribbean into one of wrestlingís magnificent hotbeds. A legend in Puerto Rico, he is hailed as the father of all Caribbean wrestling.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Shooter Magavin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin
Default Carlos Cool Carribean?

Did anyone else see this guy on Smackdown?

It only tells me another pointless heel jobber.

Funny when he spat the apple on the old guy though.

Maybe himself and Dupree could tag.
Shooter Magavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK

he's a second generation worker, so he could have a future. and i've heard good things about him, but the gimmick, and the name are both horrible.

then again, when he gets on SD, we'll truly be able to judge his ability.

Old 26 Aug 2004, 08:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Send a message via AIM to Shooter Magavin Send a message via MSN to Shooter Magavin

oh is this Snuka's son?
Old 26 Aug 2004, 10:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

no, a worker from the carribean Named Carlos Colon. apparently he was a great Worker in his time. i made a thread about this last week, and ST explained it better.

Old 26 Aug 2004, 10:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
WOOOOOOOO!

Oh sorry. Didn't know.
Old 27 Aug 2004, 01:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Yeah,Sin made a thread about the guy last week,I'll merge them.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2004, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned By Super Moderators

Highlight will become famous soon enoughHighlight will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Highlight Send a message via Yahoo to Highlight

I've seen him in a few indy shows and he shows promise but his gimmick is going to kill him sooner or later (probally sooner sadly with the direction the WWE is going...)
Highlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2004, 08:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Its always exciting to see new talent come in, We just have to see whether his Family Bloodline can carry him to the top....

Thanks for the Info Drim & Dre, Always nice to learn something...
Old 29 Aug 2004, 02:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I'll wait until I see the guy wrestle and then I'll judge him.
yeah likewise i read somewhere about Colon's son but i never seen him in action... SD should be a good place for him.

but he really needs to lose this gimmick first