ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Luther Raines, your thoughts on him?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC
Default Luther Raines, your thoughts on him?

Pretty self explanatory thread title, no?

Anyways, I like him a lot. He's a strong big guy that has potential to dominate. He definitely isn't in the same class as recent big guys such as Nathan Jones or Tyson Tomko where he botches every move. He isn't in the same class as Kane or Undertaker where he's being built that he can't be stopped.

I view him more like a Batista (not how he is now, but more like several months ago). I do see him with a TON of potential to develop. I know on this week's SD! as well previous SD!s they have hyped him as being mentored and trained by Kurt Angle. I think that if they didn't see potential in him, then they wouldn't have aligned with someone like Angle.

He moves pretty good in the ring, has a lot of intensity, has some ring psychology, a GREAT finisher, and a badass look. The only thing I have yet to see of him, is if he can wrestle a longer match that isn't of the tag variety.

I do see a tremendous future for him and I think he'll be up in the SD! main event before long. I look forward to seeing what else he's capable of.

Thoughts on Luther Raines?
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Hes alot better than i thought he was. He is definately above jones or botchkick by far. I have to admit that Luther's talent suprised me.

i give him a thumbs up and im anxious to see what they can do with him.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Drug Lord

Tombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock'sTombstone is the dog's bollock's

Have you guys watched The Girl Next Door movie?
I thought he's gonna do the hot chick.

Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

^

I have no idea if that heild any relevence or not....

Luther is a great asset to SmackDown! in the coming future, After all If you wanna make it to the top you gotta have someone already up there to help and Kurt Angle was a God Send for Luther. If it wasn't for angle Luther would probably fueding still with Cena getting beaten week in anbd week out. So I'd say they're doing the right thing so far with Luther and I don't mind to watch this guy wrestle.....

Old 23 Aug 2004, 05:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

When i first saw him, i was like "oh shit, another poor worker". then i kept watching his work, and week by week, he's impressed me. he still has a way to go, but he could be smackdown's true monster.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2004, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

He's very solid..probably SD's answer to Barista in the near future..Hell..WWE might try to spark a feud between them somehow..
Old 23 Aug 2004, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

He's big, and he throws people far. Other than that, I haven't seen much of him. Which isn't bad since I like it when he throws people. Especially people like Rey "I can beat people 7 times my size with the same four moves" Mysterio. God that little shit get's on my nerves. So yeah, I like Luther
Old 23 Aug 2004, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Silence is nothing.

Kurok is on a distinguished road

Like alot of the fellow padders have said here, I too thought Luther was gonna be another one month mega push worker who would first be built as an "indestructible" specimen and one month later becomes buried underneath the entire roster because his ring skills would lack a load, but his first televised matches and since on have suprised the Hell out of me, in fact I'm sure alot of people who first saw him on his first match went and said "Oh shit here comes ANOTHER muscle bound asswipe who couldn't throw a punch without falling on his ass" but I'm not hearing that type of feedback, to tell the truth alot of ppl are right that this man may have some pretty good potential as long as his status doesn't get neglected and scrapped onto the street, I'm looking foward to seeing some more feuds from Raines, I too have't seen that much of him yet, but I'm already getting pretty impressed with what I've seen even if not a bunch YET!

What about me? What about Kurok?
Kurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I havn't seen enough of him to have a solid opion on him. But when he was The over-protective bodygaurd of Angle. I thought he played his part very well. Inside of the ring he is agile and very strong, he hits his moves when he is suppose to and thus far I have no complaints about him. Adding in the fact that he is by Angles side helps, I wouldn't mind seeing him team with Charlie Haas....

But all in all I think like Stick said he is better then Jones and Botch Kick and he does have a future

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2004, 11:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I liked him when I first saw his first match on Smackdown(don't remember who it was with) and I think teaming him with Angle will also help him a great deal,I don't think he's as great as Batista but he will be in the future if WWE uses him right.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2004, 02:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I admit to thinking Raines would suck rocks but he has pleasantly surprised me.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 02:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
WHO'S NEXT !

Dukey can only hope to improveDukey can only hope to improve

he seems like another Batista
Old 25 Aug 2004, 04:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

He's in a perfect role as Angle's bodyguard. He can throw guys around and not really worry about botching moves.
Old 25 Aug 2004, 06:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I was kinda disappointed they made Luther reverse his spin on his "Roll of the Dice / TestDrive" Finisher....

First time he did it it was a Clean TestDrive on Funaki, but know its just Reversed, I don't think it looks that effecticve either......