ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

RVD: Putting It To Bed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2004, 12:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC
Default RVD: Putting It To Bed

A lot of people love RVD. I myself am an RVD mark dating back to...of course...ECW. ECW was of course great and RVD was of course the man. When RVD came to WWE and had that spectacular match at Invasion with Crackhead Hardy, I thought it was on.

Fast forward to now, and I have to say that "it" is...like...totally off, dude. RVD had his chance to leave and go to TNA where he'd get a chance to do his thing, his way...The Whole F'n Show, if you will. He chose to stay in WWE where he had to have known there would never be a chance for him to be in a decent storyline or feud.

Think of it, RVD has been involved in some top flight feuds in the last year. He feuded everyone in Evolution except Batista, he was almost central in the Kane turn, he was central in Booker's turn...and he was written right out of any significance in ALL of them. As an RVD mark, it'd be a statement to my lack of intelligence or inability to see past my own doobie far enough to say that RVD has a successful a future in WWE.

IMO, RVD had a chance to go to TNA where he could be The Whole F'n Show, which is something he's said he'd like to do. Fact of the matter is that RVD isn't being given any lines that allow for a good promo, and it's not like he's had Hollywood calling based on what substance he's been given to work with.

And BTW for all the peeps that are going to bring up the 20 or so B-movies that RVD has been in...this is the WWE. When Hollywood comes calling, it's to work with people like Walken, Snipes and Stifler...I don't care what you think, Stifler's cool. Anywhoo, RVD's best moment on the mic was when he was talking to Steve Austin during Invasion and he let "Fuckin' A" slip. That was some funny shit, but no...it won't work.

His style doesn't fit Vince's vision. His promos are a mile short of leaving much to be desired, to the point where I used to cringe when he'd even look at a microphone. Also, Vince isn't really down with the hardcore, and that's RVD. RVD in a match that employs DQs and Count Outs just doesn't work, I'm sorry to have to break it to you. By the way...Santa isn't real, either.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
The Glue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 12:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dead Man Walking

The Undertaker is on a distinguished road

Lol, The thread title makes it seem as if you're some creep who likes to tuck wrestlers into bed at night.
Myself, I like RVD, he's okay. But he's nowhere near my Top 10.
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 12:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

The Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DCThe Glue You want to be like DC

Uhhhhhh, no. I've got kids, and I tuck them in at night, but they're not going to be wrestlers. Nor will they play soccer.

Late.

People who use the words "Internet Bullies" are the most pussiest form of pussies you'll ever find. Chances are better than not that any girlfriend they've ever had cheated on them multiple times, probably right in front of them, laughing at their pitiful punk asses the whole time while they sat there and cried. If you or someone you know has been caused grief by an "Internet Bully" then you and/or that person is nothing but a little punk ass bitch, and the world would be a better, more manly place if you'd just jump off a fucking bridge already. Late.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 04:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

No, I whole heartedly agree with you Glue. I'm a RVD fan through and Through. Plus my basis on why RVD wasn't successful in the WWE was that RVD's style of Wrestling is best suited for the Hardcore Division, People bitch about his spot wrestling, he's just resorting back to his Hardcore roots where an Entire Hardcore, Tables Match, TLC and any other match that requires a weapon is full of Spots and unquie offense. I mean a Rolling Thunder looks so much better than just a running falling elbow onto a ladder right?

No Denying it, The Van-Terminator is possibilty the Greatest and More innovative god damn High Flying Hardcore moves EVER! So you can go to hell if you think oterhwise. Which of course compaires the WWE's safety regulations with ECW, That's why RVD's character was more suited to ECW, He was allowed to go hella high for a frog splash, noticed how he was told to cut down the high entension after the Invasion angle? Plus his Van-Terminator, we see like see it once a year now...

Old 13 Aug 2004, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Mitch
No Denying it, The Van-Terminator is possibilty the Greatest and More innovative god damn High Flying Hardcore moves EVER!
not possibly it is my friend...

but damn where were you guys when i was getting mark bashed the other day. if you dont know what im talking about check in "RVD without a match at SummerSlam"

anyway the point is RVD has had a good career run in the WWE and some also been speculating on whether or not he signed on for another year (which he did) so hopefully Vince can pull his head out of his ass and give him a decent storyline because this guys talent is going to waste.

and did anyone notice "whatever happened to the hardcore title??" RVD was at his prime when he had this and on top of that he actually had a gimmick but it was mostly on RAW '01-'02
Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 12:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dead Man Walking

The Undertaker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
Uhhhhhh, no. I've got kids, and I tuck them in at night, but they're not going to be wrestlers. Nor will they play soccer.

Late.
Lol at the last part. Soccer is too slow paced for me.
Anyways...I've noticed how is work is getting sloppier. I think it might be best for him to leave WWE and go to TNA or someplace.
The Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 02:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Art is Resistance

Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.Dade is a god damn rich cunt.
Send a message via AIM to Dade Send a message via MSN to Dade

I think he's happy slacking off. If he wasn't, why didnt he sign in Japan or something? He's getting bigger money doing nothing.
Old 13 Aug 2004, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

First off Whatup Glue, havn't seen you in a while, good to see your still around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade Draven
I think he's happy slacking off. If he wasn't, why didnt he sign in Japan or something? He's getting bigger money doing nothing.

Couldn't have said it better.

Van Dam can wrestle sloppy and half assed and get paid more, then if he was wrestling hard and getting paid less.

Its a shame because I would rather see him in TNA, then turn my attention away from him in WWE. Not to mention he wrestles like a moron these days. He was in the relay match and had a small amount of time to finish his opponent off. So he goes for the Frog Splash and hurts himself so bad that no one wins......

Last edited by Dre; 13 Aug 2004 at 05:33 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

I said let him go to TNA..because every WWE Jobber can be an Upper Mid carder..or Main eventer...Jeff Hardy,D-Lo Brown,K-Kwik...need I go on?..
Old 13 Aug 2004, 03:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

I agree with Dade....here's what I said in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
How can you say that RVD is better than Dupree?

Dupree has a gimmick...you know...one of those things that get you heat. What does RVD have? Weed? C'mon...I'd rather see the dog wrestle than RVD.

RVD with good promos? Like One said it's just a bunch of "be cool R.V...D" just a waste of time. Every feud RVD is in he has to be carried by his oppenent's promos. Booker? He's just as bad as RVD.

Quote:
his high flying hardcore style of wrestling
RVD Hardcore? lmao how is he hardcore? Al he does is "R..V....D" and kicks people. I can think of 3 moves he does...Rolling thunder, frogsplsh, and numerous floppy kicks. Oh, don't forget spot. He's a spot machine. His new gimmick should be Spot Van Dam.

High flying? One frog splash is not high flying. Oh then again he ALWAYS does some sort of spinning leg drop off the side of the ring to the barrier.

RVD sucks...Him and Edge oughta form a tag-team call 'The Suckies'. I can't think of one thing he does that makes me glad he's wrestling.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2004, 11:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD
but damn where were you guys when i was getting mark bashed the other day. if you dont know what im talking about check in "RVD without a match at SummerSlam"
The way that thread progressed was why I did that post. I'm an RVD mark and sure, I used to get defensive when people piled on...until I realized that they were right. All us RVD marks always say at least one thing alike every time we defend or glorify him: "RVD kicked everyone's ass in ECW."

We say that because it's true, but take some of his better matches in ECW and compare them with what he's turning in today. First of all, weapons are a big part of why RVD is The Whole F'n Show; having been stripped of that, RVD's focus should have been on getting more focused in the ring and more involved in his character's positive development.

Believe it or not, a pure martial arts stoner angle isn't necessarily a dead end angle if developed properly. Think about it...Cheech and Chong are American Legends. Wu-Tang Clan was easily one of the most popular rap acts of the 1990s. Method Man and Red Man are literally in your neighbor's living room. That 70's Show is a time tested sitcom in a day when networks change sitcoms like most men change their underwear. The stoner angle works if nurtured properly.

Of course the senior citizens in the WWE creative department couldn't cultivate that kind of character with the kind of subtlety necessary for the WWE's level of "Family Entertainment."

At that point it would've become RVD's responsibility to step up and inject some wit and acceptable innuendo into his character, but he utterly failed to. The closest he did was when he and Kane were talking about "that skunk." That bit, if you remember it, stands alone as the only attempt on RVD's part to develop his character properly. The fuck can I say, the guy got lazy.

That aside, he has also failed to adjust to fighting clean every match. His work is sloppy, partly because when 235 lb RVD hits 270 lb HHH with one of his acrobatic speed moves, it looks like a wet towel hitting a brick wall. However, when RVD started looking like that against Jericho and the like of wrestlers more to the size of the ECW wrestlers, it became apparent that he was no longer trying.

Of course, RVD is a busy busy guy, he's an entrepreneur and trying to write a graphic novel...and reading 15 comics a day, smoking blunts, stretching, smoking blunts...His in ring style should have gotten more crisp, but it's like a wet noodle out there. Franchise 3000 and I campaigned 'Free RVD' and I for one went into July anticipating a possible bailout on RVD signing a new contract w/ WWE, even though I was nowhere near a computer and didn't know what the hell was going on.

RVD had his chance to go to TNA and write his own check for tables, ladders, chairs and the like...but I think he likes Vince McMahon's money a little too much. Too bad he doesn't realize that Vince actually rewards hard work.

Late.

Old 14 Aug 2004, 03:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Glue
The way that thread progressed was why I did that post. I'm an RVD mark and sure, I used to get defensive when people piled on...until I realized that they were right. All us RVD marks always say at least one thing alike every time we defend or glorify him: "RVD kicked everyone's ass in ECW."

We say that because it's true, but take some of his better matches in ECW and compare them with what he's turning in today. First of all, weapons are a big part of why RVD is The Whole F'n Show; having been stripped of that, RVD's focus should have been on getting more focused in the ring and more involved in his character's positive development.

Believe it or not, a pure martial arts stoner angle isn't necessarily a dead end angle if developed properly. Think about it...Cheech and Chong are American Legends. Wu-Tang Clan was easily one of the most popular rap acts of the 1990s. Method Man and Red Man are literally in your neighbor's living room. That 70's Show is a time tested sitcom in a day when networks change sitcoms like most men change their underwear. The stoner angle works if nurtured properly.

Of course the senior citizens in the WWE creative department couldn't cultivate that kind of character with the kind of subtlety necessary for the WWE's level of "Family Entertainment."

At that point it would've become RVD's responsibility to step up and inject some wit and acceptable innuendo into his character, but he utterly failed to. The closest he did was when he and Kane were talking about "that skunk." That bit, if you remember it, stands alone as the only attempt on RVD's part to develop his character properly. The fuck can I say, the guy got lazy.

That aside, he has also failed to adjust to fighting clean every match. His work is sloppy, partly because when 235 lb RVD hits 270 lb HHH with one of his acrobatic speed moves, it looks like a wet towel hitting a brick wall. However, when RVD started looking like that against Jericho and the like of wrestlers more to the size of the ECW wrestlers, it became apparent that he was no longer trying.

Of course, RVD is a busy busy guy, he's an entrepreneur and trying to write a graphic novel...and reading 15 comics a day, smoking blunts, stretching, smoking blunts...His in ring style should have gotten more crisp, but it's like a wet noodle out there. Franchise 3000 and I campaigned 'Free RVD' and I for one went into July anticipating a possible bailout on RVD signing a new contract w/ WWE, even though I was nowhere near a computer and didn't know what the hell was going on.

RVD had his chance to go to TNA and write his own check for tables, ladders, chairs and the like...but I think he likes Vince McMahon's money a little too much. Too bad he doesn't realize that Vince actually rewards hard work.

Late.

See its great to see you back. And I agree with everything stated here......

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote