ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Why Benoit should keep the strap until December at least.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Why Benoit should keep the strap until December at least.....

because HHH is involved with Eugene, and he needs to stay out of the picture.....

because Orton isn't ready to wear the belt.....at all.....

because in order for Jericho to win it, he'd have to get out of the crappy stuff with everyone else.....

because there's only one other real contender for the title, and that's HBK.....and when he comes back, he's gonna have to feud with Kane, I'm sure.....

so.....while I don't like Benoit as the champion, he needs to keep the belt for at least five more months.....maybe by then there will be an actual contender for the title.....

opinions, people.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

It should be Benoit vs. Jericho at Survivor Series...with a new Champion walking out..Period.
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

As much as I like Benoit as champ I just don't see him walking out of Summerslam with the belt,I really think Orton is going to win,yes he may not be ready for it but I just see him winning.

They're sort of doing the same thing with Orton that they did with Lesnar two years ago at Summerslam.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

OEO. I must agree. I hate to say it, but I think he will drop the belt at Summerslam. Hopefully, though, the WWE will keep him up in the Main Event so he could have another title reign fairly quickly.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

Yea I think the WWE is ready to put the belt around Randy because they feel he paid his dues I guese, IMO it's way to quick. I like Benoit as champ, I think he deserves it definately and I would not like to see him lose it at SummerSlam, especially to Orton.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

So help me god if they put that belt around HBK's waist again i will go stab myself.

Orton may not be ready but the wwe obviously thinks he is. Benoit is a good champion i think but the wwe is thinking about the future.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hanh!

Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

It should be Y2J vs. Benoit at whatever PPV is after summerslam.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

This will continue on into the next PPV. Simply because i cant see any challengers for either man if they walk out with the clear victory. Not sure about Benoit holding the belt till December... It would have to get a whole lot interesting(his reign that is) and unless his opponents start to stabilise... I doubt it will.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Benoit should drop the belt.
He's a great wrestler, but his title run has been somewhat stale.

Meanwhile dropping it to Randy, pushes him to the main event and creates a whole new set of matches that we haven't seen.
opens up
Randy vs HHH
Randy vs Benoit
Randy vs HBK (again)
Randy vs Jericho (down the road)

Taking the strap off of Benoit would make for a better creative decision, and would not only benefit Randy's young career...but would also be beneficial for others.

as well as taking Randy out of IC title contention...this allows other guys to get shots at it

Edge vs Matt Hardy ( coming off 2 wins over Kane, that earns it)
Edge vs Jericho
Edge vs Hurricane
Edge vs Shelton Benjamin (whenever he gets back)
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Benoit should drop the belt.
He's a great wrestler, but his title run has been somewhat stale.

Meanwhile dropping it to Randy, pushes him to the main event and creates a whole new set of matches that we haven't seen.
opens up
hmmm Orton the second year unproven rookie, who has lucked on heat from the crowd... Usurping Benoit the 18 year veteran as the world champ, even though his reign has quite obviously been sabotaged from the inside. Jeez i cant see why i would disagree with this?

Quote:
Randy vs HHH
This match will fucking suck. Simply because of the amount of hype, morons put into this. Orton will not succeed without Evolution. And HHH will only highlight this fact if they fight.

Quote:
Randy vs Benoit
This is the only match i see coming out of Summerslam... As everyone else on RAW is really wrapped up in storylines. Unless HBK returns and sets Orton straight on being a legend killer who hasnt truly killed the legend of anyone.

Quote:
Randy vs HBK (again)
see above

Quote:
Randy vs Jericho (down the road)
What so we can see Orton fuck up his finisher on Jericho again???

Quote:
Taking the strap off of Benoit would make for a better creative decision, and would not only benefit Randy's young career...but would also be beneficial for others.
Giving the world title to Shelton Benjamin right now would benefit his career. Does not mean it is right. As i said earlier he has lucked on heat over the last two months. Keep him locked in the mid card with his constant push he has and see whether that heat is just a spike... or whether the fans have truly taken to him.

Quote:
Edge vs Matt Hardy ( coming off 2 wins over Kane, that earns it)
The only match i truly wanted to see. Now the enthusiasm has cooled off. Honestly wanted to see it on Smackdown... On RAW its not high on my priorities... Mainly because i still see Edge higher on the card.

Quote:
Edge vs Jericho
bleh... Two men that surpassed the IC title.

Quote:
Edge vs Hurricane
hell fucking no. In fact wash your mouth out... Thats disgusting.

Quote:
Edge vs Shelton Benjamin (whenever he gets back)
Im thinking Batista v Shelton.

Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane
hmmm Orton the second year unproven rookie, who has lucked on heat from the crowd... Usurping Benoit the 18 year veteran as the world champ, even though his reign has quite obviously been sabotaged from the inside. Jeez i cant see why i would disagree with this?
Randy is the Legend Killer....it would work with his gimmick
Lesnar was pretty unproven when he got the belt....he went on to become a FANTASTIC heel.
Randy is constantly improving..give him a shot.
The sabotaged from the inside thing is bullshit btw. Benoit is dead on the mic..and it doesnt matter if you like it or not, that is a big part of the championship. YOu gotta be able to deliver in and out of the ring.

Quote:
This match will fucking suck. Simply because of the amount of hype, morons put into this. Orton will not succeed without Evolution. And HHH will only highlight this fact if they fight.
I dont want Orton to leave Evolution...he's the champ in this scenario...I want Hunter out of Evolution. Orton needs to remain a heel.

Quote:
This is the only match i see coming out of Summerslam... As everyone else on RAW is really wrapped up in storylines. Unless HBK returns and sets Orton straight on being a legend killer who hasnt truly killed the legend of anyone.
If done correctly this could be a great thing...just give it a chance

Quote:
What so we can see Orton fuck up his finisher on Jericho again???
Orton has improved immencely over his IC title run....
who hasn't fucked up in the ring?

Quote:
Giving the world title to Shelton Benjamin right now would benefit his career. Does not mean it is right. As i said earlier he has lucked on heat over the last two months. Keep him locked in the mid card with his constant push he has and see whether that heat is just a spike... or whether the fans have truly taken to him
He's set..now is the best time to do this. The time is right with Evolution, after HHH jerked them around with Eugene and still couldnt do anything...Hunter's tie is up..kick him out. Instant Feud. When Orton beats Benoit (something Hunter couldnt do) it will only add feul to the dissention in the Evolution Ranks.

Quote:
The only match i truly wanted to see. Now the enthusiasm has cooled off. Honestly wanted to see it on Smackdown... On RAW its not high on my priorities... Mainly because i still see Edge higher on the card.
2 wins over Kane..he's ready

Quote:
bleh... Two men that surpassed the IC title.
Edge has surpassed nothing...he's yet to prove himself as a decent IC champ...he needs the feud with Jericho to prove that.

Quote:
hell fucking no. In fact wash your mouth out... Thats disgusting.
All Helms needs is a new gimmick to make himself a little more serious. The superhero bit was funny for a while...but its played its course. Now its time for Helms to step up and show the world that he is an actual wrestler and not a joke.
Quote:
Im thinking Batista v Shelton.
That would be a good match too
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Randy is the Legend Killer....it would work with his gimmick
Lesnar was pretty unproven when he got the belt....he went on to become a FANTASTIC heel.
Randy is constantly improving..give him a shot.
The sabotaged from the inside thing is bullshit btw. Benoit is dead on the mic..and it doesnt matter if you like it or not, that is a big part of the championship. YOu gotta be able to deliver in and out of the ring.
Yeah its really sick when the only segments... for your WORLD TITLE MATCH... are Kane saying he wants to be normal and your world champion fighting some fucking jobber in the middle of RAW. Or how bout HHH losing in an IRONMAN match for the World heavyweight title... And instead of the announcers commenting on Benoits feat in winning... They comment on what has happened between HHH and fucking EUGENE... As i said. Benoits reign has been sabotaged from the inside.

Quote:
I dont want Orton to leave Evolution...he's the champ in this scenario...I want Hunter out of Evolution. Orton needs to remain a heel.
Sorry i forgot to mention that Evolution needs HHH on top of Orton needing Evolution. He just hasnt got the name appeal. And he cant be expected to with barely 2 years of wrestling in the big time.

Quote:
If done correctly this could be a great thing...just give it a chance
I am. To me Benoit v Orton is the only forseeable World Title match that will continue out of Summerslam. HHH and Eugene *rubs forehead* wont be finished. Kane will still be in the middle of a storyline... and Edge and Jericho are hampered by IC title realms.

Quote:
Orton has improved immencely over his IC title run....
who hasn't fucked up in the ring?
There fucking finisher??? TWICE...??? And you know how he covered for it??? He ran back across the ring and tried again. It made everyone in the situation come off unbelievably stupid. Im not doubting that he has improved immensely. Im saying that improvement doesnt warrant a world title shot, let alone a world title reign.

Quote:
He's set..now is the best time to do this. The time is right with Evolution, after HHH jerked them around with Eugene and still couldnt do anything...Hunter's tie is up..kick him out. Instant Feud. When Orton beats Benoit (something Hunter couldnt do) it will only add feul to the dissention in the Evolution Ranks.
So Benoit gets the royal boot. And its between Orton and HHH.... I can just smell the money being generated for this. Unover pigeon with 2 years green experience v GOD OF WRESTLING.

Quote:
2 wins over Kane..he's ready
Im not doubting Matts ready. But i think the match shouldnt take place until Edge has won his first world title. I think it might be time to push Matt towards that IC title. Just not if its with Edge. Think about it. Edge and Matt is practically the same career paths. Both came through tags(though Edge was by himself originally) They had fueded so often for the Tag belts they should know eachothers moves... To me it shouldnt be wasted on an IC title fued.(though after reading what i wrote that probably sounds better)

Quote:
Edge has surpassed nothing...he's yet to prove himself as a decent IC champ...he needs the feud with Jericho to prove that.
Prove what??? What the fuck should he have to prove? The man was on the verge of a world title fued on Smackdown... Because he was unluckily struck down with injury he must renew his position in the midcard again... BULLSHIT. His match with Orton was proof enough the series of matches on Smackdown were not fluke nor subject of his opposition. But his talent to perform. The crowd loves him. And the minute audience that feels the need to be different by booing him are fuckwits... An opinion i have always held.

Quote:
All Helms needs is a new gimmick to make himself a little more serious. The superhero bit was funny for a while...but its played its course. Now its time for Helms to step up and show the world that he is an actual wrestler and not a joke.
His Hurricane gimmick is the only thing keeping the pigeon interesting. Without it hes just another midget who thinks hes a heavyweight.

Quote:
That would be a good match too
Agreed. I think Batista and Shelton can lift eachother... Seeing as its quite obvious that Orton has surpassed both on the food chain.