ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Why Benoit should keep the strap until December at least.....
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?
 
Oeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 9,773
Rep Power: 301
Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Why Benoit should keep the strap until December at least.....

because HHH is involved with Eugene, and he needs to stay out of the picture.....

because Orton isn't ready to wear the belt.....at all.....

because in order for Jericho to win it, he'd have to get out of the crappy stuff with everyone else.....

because there's only one other real contender for the title, and that's HBK.....and when he comes back, he's gonna have to feud with Kane, I'm sure.....

so.....while I don't like Benoit as the champion, he needs to keep the belt for at least five more months.....maybe by then there will be an actual contender for the title.....

opinions, people.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by STICK View Post

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..
 
The_One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Charlottesville Va.
Posts: 14,488
Rep Power: 2567
The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default

It should be Benoit vs. Jericho at Survivor Series...with a new Champion walking out..Period.
__________________
The_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 9,113
Rep Power: 2221
Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default

As much as I like Benoit as champ I just don't see him walking out of Summerslam with the belt,I really think Orton is going to win,yes he may not be ready for it but I just see him winning.

They're sort of doing the same thing with Orton that they did with Lesnar two years ago at Summerslam.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!
 
Trevelbond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 2832
Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond
Default

OEO. I must agree. I hate to say it, but I think he will drop the belt at Summerslam. Hopefully, though, the WWE will keep him up in the Main Event so he could have another title reign fairly quickly.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
Posts: 7,766
Rep Power: 655
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED
Default

Yea I think the WWE is ready to put the belt around Randy because they feel he paid his dues I guese, IMO it's way to quick. I like Benoit as champ, I think he deserves it definately and I would not like to see him lose it at SummerSlam, especially to Orton.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 04:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath
 
Corey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,618
Rep Power: 671
Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey
Default

So help me god if they put that belt around HBK's waist again i will go stab myself.

Orton may not be ready but the wwe obviously thinks he is. Benoit is a good champion i think but the wwe is thinking about the future.
__________________




Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hanh!
 
Side Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 12,825
Rep Power: 1196
Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.Side Effect is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Default

It should be Y2J vs. Benoit at whatever PPV is after summerslam.
Side Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA
 
G O D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,414
Rep Power: 1270
G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default

This will continue on into the next PPV. Simply because i cant see any challengers for either man if they walk out with the clear victory. Not sure about Benoit holding the belt till December... It would have to get a whole lot interesting(his reign that is) and unless his opponents start to stabilise... I doubt it will.
__________________


G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Kurt Angle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Benoit should drop the belt.
He's a great wrestler, but his title run has been somewhat stale.

Meanwhile dropping it to Randy, pushes him to the main event and creates a whole new set of matches that we haven't seen.
opens up
Randy vs HHH
Randy vs Benoit
Randy vs HBK (again)
Randy vs Jericho (down the road)

Taking the strap off of Benoit would make for a better creative decision, and would not only benefit Randy's young career...but would also be beneficial for others.


as well as taking Randy out of IC title contention...this allows other guys to get shots at it
like

Edge vs Matt Hardy ( coming off 2 wins over Kane, that earns it)
Edge vs Jericho
Edge vs Hurricane
Edge vs Shelton Benjamin (whenever he gets back)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA
 
G O D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,414
Rep Power: 1270
G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Benoit should drop the belt.
He's a great wrestler, but his title run has been somewhat stale.

Meanwhile dropping it to Randy, pushes him to the main event and creates a whole new set of matches that we haven't seen.
opens up
hmmm Orton the second year unproven rookie, who has lucked on heat from the crowd... Usurping Benoit the 18 year veteran as the world champ, even though his reign has quite obviously been sabotaged from the inside. Jeez i cant see why i would disagree with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Randy vs HHH
This match will fucking suck. Simply because of the amount of hype, morons put into this. Orton will not succeed without Evolution. And HHH will only highlight this fact if they fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Randy vs Benoit
This is the only match i see coming out of Summerslam... As everyone else on RAW is really wrapped up in storylines. Unless HBK returns and sets Orton straight on being a legend killer who hasnt truly killed the legend of anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Randy vs HBK (again)
see above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Randy vs Jericho (down the road)
What so we can see Orton fuck up his finisher on Jericho again???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Taking the strap off of Benoit would make for a better creative decision, and would not only benefit Randy's young career...but would also be beneficial for others.
Giving the world title to Shelton Benjamin right now would benefit his career. Does not mean it is right. As i said earlier he has lucked on heat over the last two months. Keep him locked in the mid card with his constant push he has and see whether that heat is just a spike... or whether the fans have truly taken to him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Edge vs Matt Hardy ( coming off 2 wins over Kane, that earns it)
The only match i truly wanted to see. Now the enthusiasm has cooled off. Honestly wanted to see it on Smackdown... On RAW its not high on my priorities... Mainly because i still see Edge higher on the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Edge vs Jericho
bleh... Two men that surpassed the IC title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Edge vs Hurricane
hell fucking no. In fact wash your mouth out... Thats disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Edge vs Shelton Benjamin (whenever he gets back)
Im thinking Batista v Shelton.
__________________


G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Kurt Angle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane
hmmm Orton the second year unproven rookie, who has lucked on heat from the crowd... Usurping Benoit the 18 year veteran as the world champ, even though his reign has quite obviously been sabotaged from the inside. Jeez i cant see why i would disagree with this?
Randy is the Legend Killer....it would work with his gimmick
Lesnar was pretty unproven when he got the belt....he went on to become a FANTASTIC heel.
Randy is constantly improving..give him a shot.
The sabotaged from the inside thing is bullshit btw. Benoit is dead on the mic..and it doesnt matter if you like it or not, that is a big part of the championship. YOu gotta be able to deliver in and out of the ring.

Quote:
This match will fucking suck. Simply because of the amount of hype, morons put into this. Orton will not succeed without Evolution. And HHH will only highlight this fact if they fight.
I dont want Orton to leave Evolution...he's the champ in this scenario...I want Hunter out of Evolution. Orton needs to remain a heel.

Quote:
This is the only match i see coming out of Summerslam... As everyone else on RAW is really wrapped up in storylines. Unless HBK returns and sets Orton straight on being a legend killer who hasnt truly killed the legend of anyone.
If done correctly this could be a great thing...just give it a chance

Quote:
What so we can see Orton fuck up his finisher on Jericho again???
Orton has improved immencely over his IC title run....
who hasn't fucked up in the ring?

Quote:
Giving the world title to Shelton Benjamin right now would benefit his career. Does not mean it is right. As i said earlier he has lucked on heat over the last two months. Keep him locked in the mid card with his constant push he has and see whether that heat is just a spike... or whether the fans have truly taken to him
He's set..now is the best time to do this. The time is right with Evolution, after HHH jerked them around with Eugene and still couldnt do anything...Hunter's tie is up..kick him out. Instant Feud. When Orton beats Benoit (something Hunter couldnt do) it will only add feul to the dissention in the Evolution Ranks.

Quote:
The only match i truly wanted to see. Now the enthusiasm has cooled off. Honestly wanted to see it on Smackdown... On RAW its not high on my priorities... Mainly because i still see Edge higher on the card.
2 wins over Kane..he's ready

Quote:
bleh... Two men that surpassed the IC title.
Edge has surpassed nothing...he's yet to prove himself as a decent IC champ...he needs the feud with Jericho to prove that.

Quote:
hell fucking no. In fact wash your mouth out... Thats disgusting.
All Helms needs is a new gimmick to make himself a little more serious. The superhero bit was funny for a while...but its played its course. Now its time for Helms to step up and show the world that he is an actual wrestler and not a joke.
Quote:
Im thinking Batista v Shelton.
That would be a good match too
  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA
 
G O D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,414
Rep Power: 1270
G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Randy is the Legend Killer....it would work with his gimmick
Lesnar was pretty unproven when he got the belt....he went on to become a FANTASTIC heel.
Randy is constantly improving..give him a shot.
The sabotaged from the inside thing is bullshit btw. Benoit is dead on the mic..and it doesnt matter if you like it or not, that is a big part of the championship. YOu gotta be able to deliver in and out of the ring.
Yeah its really sick when the only segments... for your WORLD TITLE MATCH... are Kane saying he wants to be normal and your world champion fighting some fucking jobber in the middle of RAW. Or how bout HHH losing in an IRONMAN match for the World heavyweight title... And instead of the announcers commenting on Benoits feat in winning... They comment on what has happened between HHH and fucking EUGENE... As i said. Benoits reign has been sabotaged from the inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
I dont want Orton to leave Evolution...he's the champ in this scenario...I want Hunter out of Evolution. Orton needs to remain a heel.
Sorry i forgot to mention that Evolution needs HHH on top of Orton needing Evolution. He just hasnt got the name appeal. And he cant be expected to with barely 2 years of wrestling in the big time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
If done correctly this could be a great thing...just give it a chance
I am. To me Benoit v Orton is the only forseeable World Title match that will continue out of Summerslam. HHH and Eugene *rubs forehead* wont be finished. Kane will still be in the middle of a storyline... and Edge and Jericho are hampered by IC title realms.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Orton has improved immencely over his IC title run....
who hasn't fucked up in the ring?
There fucking finisher??? TWICE...??? And you know how he covered for it??? He ran back across the ring and tried again. It made everyone in the situation come off unbelievably stupid. Im not doubting that he has improved immensely. Im saying that improvement doesnt warrant a world title shot, let alone a world title reign.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
He's set..now is the best time to do this. The time is right with Evolution, after HHH jerked them around with Eugene and still couldnt do anything...Hunter's tie is up..kick him out. Instant Feud. When Orton beats Benoit (something Hunter couldnt do) it will only add feul to the dissention in the Evolution Ranks.
So Benoit gets the royal boot. And its between Orton and HHH.... I can just smell the money being generated for this. Unover pigeon with 2 years green experience v GOD OF WRESTLING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
2 wins over Kane..he's ready
Im not doubting Matts ready. But i think the match shouldnt take place until Edge has won his first world title. I think it might be time to push Matt towards that IC title. Just not if its with Edge. Think about it. Edge and Matt is practically the same career paths. Both came through tags(though Edge was by himself originally) They had fueded so often for the Tag belts they should know eachothers moves... To me it shouldnt be wasted on an IC title fued.(though after reading what i wrote that probably sounds better)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Edge has surpassed nothing...he's yet to prove himself as a decent IC champ...he needs the feud with Jericho to prove that.
Prove what??? What the fuck should he have to prove? The man was on the verge of a world title fued on Smackdown... Because he was unluckily struck down with injury he must renew his position in the midcard again... BULLSHIT. His match with Orton was proof enough the series of matches on Smackdown were not fluke nor subject of his opposition. But his talent to perform. The crowd loves him. And the minute audience that feels the need to be different by booing him are fuckwits... An opinion i have always held.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
All Helms needs is a new gimmick to make himself a little more serious. The superhero bit was funny for a while...but its played its course. Now its time for Helms to step up and show the world that he is an actual wrestler and not a joke.
His Hurricane gimmick is the only thing keeping the pigeon interesting. Without it hes just another midget who thinks hes a heavyweight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
That would be a good match too
Agreed. I think Batista and Shelton can lift eachother... Seeing as its quite obvious that Orton has surpassed both on the food chain.
__________________


G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raw Thread for December 4th DC World Wrestling Entertainment 23 05 Dec 2006 08:52 PM
december to dismember mtcal World Wrestling Entertainment 46 05 Dec 2006 05:03 AM
Its December DaRk LiTa Off-Topic 12 06 Dec 2004 06:21 PM
December Movies Kryptonite Archives 19 28 Nov 2003 04:52 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Attribution:
Powered by Yahoo Answers



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.