ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Why Jericho shouldn't win the IC title....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer
Default Why Jericho shouldn't win the IC title....

because it just makes no sense.....

he just gets thrown around from feud to feud with no real direction.....he's held the title before, and it would do nothing for him to hold the title again....

no, Jericho just needs to go for the world title or fall to being a jobber.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

Oeo is on quite a little streak...lol..I agree...It should be Main event or bust for Jericho...the IC title does nothing for him at this point..Benoit vs. Jericho at Summerslam would of been great...then it could of been an Orton,Edge,Batista Triple threat for the IC title..
Old 04 Aug 2004, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I agree that Jericho shouldn't win the IC title because he's past that,he should be feuding for the World Championship.I do want to see Edge lose the IC title but not to Jericho,but to Batista.

I see Orton winning the belt and then after that having a rematch with Benoit on Raw,he keeps the belt and then begins a feud with Jericho and Benoit gets into the mix aswell.

That's what I want for Jericho but I doubt it will happen.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
I just don't give a fuck!

Location: Shit Jersey...I want to get the fuck out of this state
SPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICKSPEED is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to SPEED Send a message via MSN to SPEED Send a message via Yahoo to SPEED

It seems like the IC Championship and all the stupid storylines is all the WWE can do with Jericho now. Ever since he lost the belt at WM18 to HHH, he became a joke and a jobber IMO.

Jericho should have won the World Championship a long time ago, except he is stuck in stupid little fueds with Trish and Tyson Dickkick. I wanted Jericho to win the Battle Royal 2 weeks ago and go into SS because IMO, he deserves it much more than Randy Orton does now.
SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

I think Jericho should be above the IC title. He was the first undisputed champ for christ sakes. He deserves alot better than what he gets. A man like Jericho could shine on TNA.

I stick by my opinion that Batista should wear the IC strap

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2004, 08:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

he should be a jobber until he can get a new character or just add on to the one he has now. it is the exact same as when he came into the wwe. he needs to reinvent himself am i the only person on this board that can see this and gets board by him
Old 05 Aug 2004, 11:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpimp
he should be a jobber until he can get a new character or just add on to the one he has now. it is the exact same as when he came into the wwe. he needs to reinvent himself am i the only person on this board that can see this and gets board by him
Id answer this but its quite obvious that your opinion is set... All i have to say is what has changed in Benoits character in four years?, What changed in Hogans character in 20 years? Whats changed about Flair in 30 years?

Some wrestlers just have a really good gimmick... Others are Benoit.

all jokes aside.

Jericho has the single most convincingly entertaining gimmick on RAW at the mo... On top of that he is head and shoulders the biggest face on RAW. And unlike Orton who has lucked on heat over the last month. Jericho has had consistant heat whether it heel or face since he debuted in the WWe... Which shows its not just a one off. This man is seriously considered by the masses as entertaining and a worthy world title threat. On top of that for all the bitching you might have to say about his act being bland. Its never got worse then a 3 1/2 star match... EVER. Can you say that about the Game??? Can you say that about Kane??? Can you fucking say that about Randy Orton???

The man is proven. Not only that but he is obviously what the fans were looking forward to after the self promotion of the last few months.

now onto the thread. Damn straight he should be above the IC championship. But then Edge should also be. So quite obviously i cant get everything now can I? I honestly dont think its right if Jericho wins the title at Summerslam. Although thats the way i see things happening.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Jericho SHOULD go after the IC title....

The IC title should not be considered a second rate belt. Its got some great history. Plus while it may not do anything for Jericho's career...who's to say that he needs it to? Jericho pursueing the title add to it. As long as it is within the confines of a feud/storyline.

Like right now, with the Jericho/Edge feud heating up...you all obviously consider Jericho to be Main Event worthy..as do many others. So if Edge feuds with Jericho for The IC Belt. When Edge wins...that means he has retained his belt against someone who could be going after the Heavyweight title, someone who has had the Heavyweight title, and one of the finest former IC title holders. It does nothing but add to Edge's credability. Establishes Edge as a heel, and bring some esteem back to the IC belt.

While it may not be the career path that people want for Jericho, it does serve a purpose...and a good purpose at that.
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrypto
Jericho SHOULD go after the IC title....

The IC title should not be considered a second rate belt. Its got some great history. Plus while it may not do anything for Jericho's career...who's to say that he needs it to? Jericho pursueing the title add to it. As long as it is within the confines of a feud/storyline.

Like right now, with the Jericho/Edge feud heating up...you all obviously consider Jericho to be Main Event worthy..as do many others. So if Edge feuds with Jericho for The IC Belt. When Edge wins...that means he has retained his belt against someone who could be going after the Heavyweight title, someone who has had the Heavyweight title, and one of the finest former IC title holders. It does nothing but add to Edge's credability. Establishes Edge as a heel, and bring some esteem back to the IC belt.

While it may not be the career path that people want for Jericho, it does serve a purpose...and a good purpose at that.
What does that do for Jericho though??? I agree all those things it does for Edge are great but it does absolutely fuck all for Jericho... And as far as i know every match is supposed to be a positive for everyone.(or at least thats how i would run a promotion)

At least if Jericho wins... Edge can put his concentration back on Evolution sprouting about Batista costing Edge his IC title. The fans obviously resent wrestlers who go straight after Titles... So if Edges concentration is not on a title but instead on "taking" down Evolution maybe the fans would buy it.

Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Personally I think an IC reign helps Batista more that it would Jericho, but I will play along.

Jericho is proably 1 of the 2 most over faces on RAW, the other being Eugene, but Eugene has a short shelf life. And like Shane said he delivers in the ring regardless.

What proably does him in is his World Title reign. Through no fault of his own, he played 2nd fiddle to a damn dog!
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane
What does that do for Jericho though??? I agree all those things it does for Edge are great but it does absolutely fuck all for Jericho... And as far as i know every match is supposed to be a positive for everyone.(or at least thats how i would run a promotion)

At least if Jericho wins... Edge can put his concentration back on Evolution sprouting about Batista costing Edge his IC title. The fans obviously resent wrestlers who go straight after Titles... So if Edges concentration is not on a title but instead on "taking" down Evolution maybe the fans would buy it.
Edge is clearly going heel..I expect him to join Evolution shortly. Edge going heel and continuing to come after Jericho means that Jericho can still put on stellar matches, but Edge can cheat to win establishing his heel status.

If Jericho is still putting on some good matches, it is still a positive for him.
and like I said it builds the IC title up by having a world title contender pursuing it.
it builds Edge up by having him beat a world title contender.

Its all good all the way around
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Edge is clearly going heel..I expect him to join Evolution shortly. Edge going heel and continuing to come after Jericho means that Jericho can still put on stellar matches, but Edge can cheat to win establishing his heel status.

If Jericho is still putting on some good matches, it is still a positive for him.
and like I said it builds the IC title up by having a world title contender pursuing it.
it builds Edge up by having him beat a world title contender.

Its all good all the way around
But the IC title is not the "IC title" anymore. Its the European/IC title. Its not about being that one rung under the world title. Its for upcoming talent. Or at least thats how i percieve it now. Back when Benoit and Jericho were fighting for it. It was ONE rung down. Now to me its five rungs down. And Jericho and Edge fighting for it are just hurting the rest of RAW midcarders who cant cut a break.

Either way. Im still not comfortable with Edge going heel based on a few minorities of heat he has recieved since returning...

Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
But the IC title is not the "IC title" anymore. Its the European/IC title. Its not about being that one rung under the world title. Its for upcoming talent. Or at least thats how i percieve it now. Back when Benoit and Jericho were fighting for it. It was ONE rung down. Now to me its five rungs down. And Jericho and Edge fighting for it are just hurting the rest of RAW midcarders who cant cut a break.

Either way. Im still not comfortable with Edge going heel based on a few minorities of heat he has recieved since returning...
This would be a step towards bringing the IC back to what its supposed to be
Old 06 Aug 2004, 01:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
This would be a step towards bringing the IC back to what its supposed to be
You cant make it what its supposed to be without another midcard belt. And the roster is just not deep enough to do that...

Old 06 Aug 2004, 01:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Kurt Angle

Quote:
You cant make it what its supposed to be without another midcard belt. And the roster is just not deep enough to do that...
if its pushed properly it can be believable...