ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Will SummerSlam Be the Best PPV of the Year?..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One
Default Will SummerSlam Be the Best PPV of the Year?..

Well..Wev'e Got Orton vs. Benoit..JBL vs. Taker..and it's highly rumored..that we'll have HHH vs.Eugene...So My Question is this..Will SS be the Best PPV of the Year so far?..
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

if you throw out WMXX, I definitely think it will be the best one.....but, unfortunately, it hasn't really had a whole lot of competition.....

depends on what the undercard matches are, and how they are placed.....I'd hate to see another women's title match take place in between the two main events.....

I'd like to see at least one inter-promo matchup, but that's probably not going to happen.....

I'm afraid that, with Eugene probably going to be in the main event, we are degenerating to old ppv's that had such matches as Irwin R. Schyster taking on Greg Valentine.....I just don't think it should be a ppv matchup.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2004, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

Wrestlemania XX was good, but Summerslam may be better. Especially With Orton getting the Title shot. he won't win, but You Never know.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

It should be good but I don't think it'll be as good as Mania,man that was an awesome show IMO(except for the Berg/Lesnar match),I'll be ordering it for sure though.

I guess I'm the only one that thinks Randy is going to win the belt.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Hey it has potential, you can't really say "Summer Slam Will be the greatest WWE PPV of the year" but it has potential. It has its ups and downfalls but we'll see in time. Kurt may still be a bit Rusty. Undertaker will have to stretch this no selling garbage for atleast 25 minutes and Orton & Beniot, That may end up to be a rest move marathon with a tacked on Ending.

We'll just see how this plays out.....
Old 01 Aug 2004, 12:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
-X-

-X- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to -X-

well .... i think WMXX was a waste of money and honestly i think so far the best ppv has been the royal rumble.

im pretty sure that SS will be very good (minus taker vs jbl which will probably be slow and horrible), id go on a limb and say it will be the best thus far, but im unsure if it will be the best all year
-X- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

Yes, a resounding YES.

The only great match was Benoit vs HHH vs HBK, IMO... I'm gonna love all three of the big matches this Summerslam.
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
WHO'S NEXT !

Dukey can only hope to improveDukey can only hope to improve

wtfg ?
wmxx was mad,i esp luved the guerro vs angle match
Old 01 Aug 2004, 01:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

we have yet to see if SS will top WMXX but i highly doubt it keep in mind WMXX had more matches but if i was to make a wild guess i say it will come in as 2nd Best PPV this year.

now im not pumped for the JBL/Taker match simply because they havent worked it up enough... its gonna be a slow knock down drag out type of match with JBL screwing Taker and still retaining the title.

and Booker T defending the US title against RVD instead of Cena would be better with RVD winning at SS and then Cena getting his shot later on SmackDown!

but the following 3 matches im looking forward 2 is...
HHH vs. Eugene (another blood bath for Eugene, with help from Bischoff)
Benoit vs. Orton (Orton possibly wining thus having Triple H challenge him for the title on RAW)
Edge vs. Jericho (very interesting IC title match, possible Edge turning heel?? you damn skippy)

Last edited by Crunk; 02 Aug 2004 at 04:40 PM.
Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 10:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Lets see determined matches
Orton v Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title
Bradshaw v Undertaker for the WWe championship
Eddie v Kurt Angle

Possibles at this time.
Edge v Batista v Jericho for the Intercontinental Championship
HHH v Eugene Grudge Match
Booker T v John Cena for the US Championship
The Dudleys v Kidman and London v Rey and Spike for the WWe Tag Team Titles

Thats what it looks like at the moment... Although that would be a decent PPV so expect Bob Holly to be added to the card... and probably Rhyno and Tajiri to really kill any buzz.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
WHO'S NEXT !

Dukey can only hope to improveDukey can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane
Eddie v Kurt Angle

Possibles at this time.

Thats what it looks like at the moment... Although that would be a decent PPV so expect Bob Holly to be added to the card... and probably Rhyno and Tajiri to really kill any buzz.
i definately like that
Old 01 Aug 2004, 02:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Well like someone said earlier WMXX wasn't all it was made out to be and certainly wasn't worth $50. For the 2 1/2 matches that were good, i think Summer Slam will out do it.

From what I see of it so far it will be the best card this year to date. And I wouldn't be surprised if Orton comes out the World Champion. Not to mention it sets up for the HHH v. Orton fued that everyone wants to see down the line.......

Taker and JBL, I think will be good enough to hold the crowds attention. I could be wrong but this match could either be a very good brawl or a terriable disaster, depending of course on how well in shape Taker is, cause Bradshaw has showned he can go the distance recently.

There is a possiability that it will be Batista v. Jericho v. Edge for the IC strap, and I myself am down with this idea. Why? Cause David Batista is becoming the man I thought he would be over a year ago. Its nice to see that his in-ring ability is improving with every match, and he truly is the real monster on Raw.....

Eddy G. v. Kurt A. Do I even need to explain, why this match could steal the show? Really do I?

HHH v. Eugene will be another match that is going to be good. Putting the retard gimmick to the side for a moment, the wrestling match itself will be very good. I think both mens styles will mesh very well. So well that it might be Eugenes best match to date......

And there are still plenty more matches that can be booked. So to me this looks like the best one yet of 2004

Last edited by Dre; 01 Aug 2004 at 02:52 PM.
Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 03:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Wrestlemania XX was not even close to a 50.00 ppv. Why? Well lets run it down.

Undertaker vs. Kane- sucked huge massive dick and kane jobbed to undertakers dick.

Lesnar and Bitchberg-the match was like 2 minutes long and they hardly did anything to each other besides their special moves.....i wish austin would of beat the shit out of both of them for real.

Summerslam already looks like it will top WMXX simply because over the main matches (I.E. Benoit vs. Orton....Taker vs. JBL.......Eugene vs. HHH). and if WWE puts the IC strap on Batista at SS! then this ppv will smoke WMXX

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2004, 08:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

of course wmXX wasnt worth $50.00

I only paid $21.95

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Aug 2004, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane
Eddie v Kurt Angle

Possibles at this time.

it'll most likely be Bob Holly vs. Kenzo Suzuki and Rhyno/Tajiri vs. La Resistance and as far as the Booker T/Cena match i heard its gonna be a triple threat for the US title instead because your forgetting RVD got screwed last thursday.

Last edited by Crunk; 02 Aug 2004 at 04:52 PM.
Crunk is offline   Reply With Quote