ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Benoit/HHH ironman match

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder
Default Benoit/HHH ironman match

What are your expecations for the match? Personally I think it can rival Angle/Benoit in terms of quality. Though I have 3 complaints.

1. An Ironman match should be done at a PPV, though I like how they don't overuse the concept like they do cage matches.

2. There will be commercials.

3. I really don't expect a clean finish, Eugene will interfere and either 1. attack his hero HHH or 2. attack Benoit and show the world he ain't a retard.

But yes, I am stoked.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'm expecting a classic match. I hope for a clean finish either way, but I'm almost certain it will be some kind of interference. Like you said, probably Eugene. If Benoit were to win cleanly, the feud would be over. If HHH were to win cleanly, Benoit would most likely get a rematch sometime, most likely SummerSlam.

Like you, I can't wait
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 02:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

I can't wait either. the only poor aspect of it is that:

1. this would be a perfect PPV Match for a Raw PPV, and leaves question as to what the world title match at summerslam will be.

2. commercials. like brock/Angle, The match suffered due to Commercials.

3. the obvious inclusion of Eugene in some factor. i'm more than sure it will be HHH/Eugene at Summerslame in some way.

besides that, it will definitely be one of Raw's truly great matches.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 02:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

This is what I wrote in the RAW thread, after RAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igloo
The only thing I don't like about the iron man match is that Eugene is going to interfere or something because Trips was cutting him up. Setting up a three way at SS.

Eugene better not be in my main event.
So ... I hope we don't have to see Trips/Eugene/Benoit for the main event at SummerSlam.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

^

Judging by the Way Eugene has been going with the crowd its a definte possibility.

My thoughts, This match is un-needed, For one thing it already takes up 2/3's of the show which leaves even less times for growing superstars and two, I can't still still for that damn long watching a 60 minute match with an obvious 25 minutes of Rest moves.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

I hope Raw comes on next monday and JR says...

JR: Ladies and gentleman Spike TV has granted us the liability for NO COMMERCIALS during this match and if anyone interferes theyre fired by god, also if anyone interferes the match restarts completely by god this is gonna be one for the record books by god

Then I would be looking forward to the match as a classic.

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

^ yeah, the only thing i'd want is for no commercials, the interference at the end would be no big deal, hell, it could lead to an interesting finish, depending on who wins it (most likely benoit).

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 08:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Its a fucking ironman match... I have said this before and the point is still pertinant. Iron man matches dont sell. Not only do they not sell. They drive away fans in fucking droves. Im talking lowest ratings this side of Brock v Angle.

Now the fact that that match happened when there was a RAW PPV that month meant that at least the match had a reason for happening. This match is taking places two weeks removed from the biggest event on the summertime calender(PPV anyway) With Smackdowns title match doing the same thing... It seems as if they are going to do the entire Summerslam with what looks like a weeks prep time.

FUCK THAT.

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I hate the idea. I do not like having to waste half a 2 hour show on those two in one stupid match.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

An ironman match will not sell on TV time. This is a risky move since they have a theory that this might work. Looks like they didn't learned much from the last match they had. I just hope it doesn't get out of hand and start yelling "this match sucks" like WMXX.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 12:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

HHH takeing up tons of tv time again

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

when i heard the news from JR that benoit would be defending his title again with triple H in a iron man match next week i was shocked i mean how many title shots has triple H had already?? jesus christ man. but yeah this match should be interesting and i have a feeling either batista or eugene will interfere towards the end.

so if benoit somehow wins against these odds then i hope triple H can admit and respect who is the better champion and stop asking for rematches.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

hour long match that includes Benoit.....snorefest in my opinion.....

may not even watch it.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

I have tickets for RAW, and I have to admit, I'm not all that excited about it now. I mean, no doubt it will be a classic match, but a whole stinking hour? And does anyone know what time it will start? It sounds like 9, but its a world title match. I don't know, this whole thing is confusing me. No doubt it will be great, just not sure if I am excited about paying $50 to see basically one match.

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 05:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

It will start at or around 10 I believe.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote