ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Are you a little suprised that they had Lawler read the stuff about Foley and Hart?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Jul 2004, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Default Are you a little suprised that they had Lawler read the stuff about Foley and Hart?

Well,I have to say I'm a little shocked they had him do that,sure it's a cheap promotion but he didn't have to read those things on TV.

What are your thoughts?
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

For a company that sure pushes kayfabe in the days of the internet, yes I was pretty shocked.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I'm not surprised... and I agree fully with those statements...

Butt Hurt never drew a dime and was a robot in the ring... Vince wanted rid of him...

Foley = Stuntman...

A stuntman I happen to like very much... but still...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

I'm not shocked that they aired excerpts from the book about Hart, but I am shocked they read the ones about Foley. WWE and Hart haven't been on good terms since the Screwjob. Foley has always been on good terms as far as I know, so yeah I am shocked....
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Botchkick
I'm not shocked that they aired excerpts from the book about Hart, but I am shocked they read the ones about Foley. WWE and Hart haven't been on good terms since the Screwjob. Foley has always been on good terms as far as I know, so yeah I am shocked....
I think they read the Foley part just because Foley is a name the average fan can recognize aside from like Buddy Rogers.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 01:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

duh... Its too show the fans that the shit they write is not all roses and chocolates... Instead of letting the IT sites and all that bullshit "think" they have the inside scoop. They are trying to convince fans that they tell the real grisslies. They tell the real truths. In other words there trying to get more fans hitting there site rather then the PW's and PWF's

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
In Todd We Trust

The Return OfSP Nobody Likes This Poster... Especially STICK...

seriosuly they did that? but ric flair is a bitter old man anyways, was nothing special at all.

The Return OfSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 06:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

Foley was kind of a stuntman if you think about it...he couldnt really wrestle =/

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 08:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct
Foley was kind of a stuntman if you think about it...he couldnt really wrestle =/
"IYH" Mind Games '96' says otherwise

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return OfSP
but ric flair is a bitter old man anyways, was nothing special at all.
Ric Flair is not a bitter old man.....he is a rich old man that is still in the wrestling business.....

Bret is a bitter man.....I like him, but he is a bitter man....has been for seven years now.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Foley should really drop the bomb making a book without holding back like he was forced to on his books. Even admitted it on TV.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 05:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Your Personal Demon

Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...Mr. Hostility , I can't believe you got THIS far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
Butt Hurt never drew a dime and was a robot in the ring... Vince wanted rid of him...
Right, and who are you comparing him too? Austin, Hogan? In that case no one drew a dime compared to them. Not HHH, not Benoit, not Eddie, and certainly not fucking JBL. Hart did fine for business, he just didn't go as far as Vince wanted to push things in order to beat out WCW. Bret said it himself, he didn't like the peepshow the WWF became. Besides, if he didn't draw then why did WCW want him so badly? He had to have something to offer.

And Flair has nothing to say anyway. Since when has he been a draw? He was WCW's main man for a while and look where they are now. If you're going to call anyone a flop, Flair should come to mind. His first WWF stint was kinda short, and he's bounced titles around like a basketball. He's pretty much had the same routine in the ring for 15 years and it's getting smaller considering he's older than nearly anyone in the business. But if you ask Flair, he'll tell you he's pretty much the God of wrestling.

I will always say that Flair was a great influence on the business. But anyone who says that they're the best and they're being serious (Hart included), is a loudmouthed asshole who needs to wake up. There is no such thing as the "best" ever. Styles have changed and so has the business. If you ask the oldschool guys like Thez and Sammartino, they are going to tell you that today's stars are a joke, including Flair. So for two guys who's days have come and gone to sit and argue about who's better is just bullshit.

Last edited by Mr. Hostility; 20 Jul 2004 at 05:17 PM.
Mr. Hostility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 05:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

just a stupid plug for the book, hyping it up because of it's controversy. didn't phase me one bit.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2004, 06:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

vince prolly saw it as a way to take a shot at both hart and foley......hart may be a bitter man but he still didnt deserve what he got.

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2004, 01:29 AM   #15 (permalink)
Tom Hanks With-A the Aids

Forgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICKForgotten Sin is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Forgotten Sin

an exeprt from gerweck.net:

- Many backstage found WWE's attempt to milk the negative publicity surrounding Flair's book to be classless. While it will likely help sell books, the feeling was that taking shots at wrestlers who contributed so well to WWE is not the right direction to goo, especially since promoting what was good about the book, combined with Flair's overness in the wrestling community, could have been effective as well.
________
i agree, overstating the negative isn't as good a move.

Forgotten Sin is offline   Reply With Quote