ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

HHH.....Is he really the best there is or is he a main event pig.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2004, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.
Send a message via MSN to G O D Send a message via Yahoo to G O D
Default HHH.....Is he really the best there is or is he a main event pig.

After having The Bleak return and remembering the bet we had Ive come to realize just how long HHH has now dominated the main event scene on RAW for.......hows this for domination

Summerslam 02 HHH vs HBK
Unforgiven 02 HHH vs RVD
No Mercy 02 HHH vs Kane
Survivor Series HHH vs Jericho vs RVD vs HBK vs Kane vs Booker T (elimination chamber)
Armegeddon 02 HHH vs HBK
Royal Rumble 03 vs Scott Steiner
No Way Out 03 vs Scott Steiner
Wrestlemania 19 vs Booker T
Backlash 03 HHH,flair and jericho vs booker, nash and HBK
Judgement Day 03 HHH vs Kevin Nash
Bad Blood 03 HHH vs Kevin Nash
Summerslam 03 HHH vs Orton Vs Goldberg vs Jericho vs Nash vs HBK (elimination Chamber)
Unforgiven 03 HHH vs Goldberg
Survivor Series 03 HHH vs Goldberg
Armegeddon 03 vs HHH vs Goldberg vs Kane
Royal Rumble 04 HHH vs HBK
Wrestlemania 20 HHH vs Benoit vs HBK
Backlash 04 HHH vs Benoit vs HBK
Bad Blood 04 HHH vs HBK
Vengeance 04 HHH vs Benoit

Any of the missing PPVS not in that list were smackdown only ones.

What that list does tell you is the people watching RAW has seen way way way way way too much of the main event pig and if he was to go away for a couple of months shooting a movie the whole WWE would get a break from him.

What he should remember is that even though he is a wrestling GOD the real god had a rest on the seventh day

G O D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2004, 03:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Aerial Anarchy

Rusty Cooledge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Rusty Cooledge

getting away from all family ties, I was never one to understand his monster push into the main event. Sure he played a hilarious comedic leader of a dominant faction, and it made sense to continue his mid card feud with the Rock to become a main eventer, but nothing I have seen has really made me feel he was justified in staying on top.

HHH will not be remembered in the same breath as Hogan, Flair, Hart, Austin, but that's exactly what they are trying to do.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 11:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I like HHH but even I am getting bored of seeing him always at the top of a major push. Give someone else a chance.
Old 16 Jul 2004, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

um i really think hes fat now.......hes is a spotlight hog and if there is any good story on raw he HAS to be a part of it. Give someone else a chance PLEASE

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2004, 11:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

I do like Trips but he is a bit of a hog when it comes to the spotlight,but HBK is worse when it comes to hogging the spotlight.I do get tired of seeing Trips go after the title all the time,but eventually he will have the belt again so we'll have to get used to it.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.G O D is Jeff Goldblum's first spoken line on film.

You right jason about HBK hogging it as well.........out of those 20 HHH matches HBK appears in 9 of them and he was ringside for a nash fight as well. Thats 50% of HHH matches

Old 17 Jul 2004, 12:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

You know what? I liked that. He held the belt for a long time, so he SHOULD be in the main event. If he didn't have the belt, he was in the main event trying to regain it.

I think out of all those matches, there was ONE where he wasn't defending the belt, or trying to regain it, and that was this year's Bad Blood vs HBK. That's the one match that shouldn't have been the main event.

People complain about how long he's been in the main event, compare him to HBK. Someone pointed out that HBK was in 9 of those main events. Why? In that time period, he held the belt for ONE month. Why was he trying to regain the belt for so long when he kept LOSING? He didn't deserve to be there, whereas HHH has a legitimate reason.

HHH made the belt credible again. If he wouldn't have held it so long, it might not have meant so much for Benoit to win it. I'm not saying it would have meant nothing, because that would be asenine, but only TWO people held the belt n that time period, and neither title reign meant ANYTHING.

You people can bitch all you want, but HHH is the top guy on Raw. He is one of the best in the ring, ans has improved a lot over the past couple months since he has dropped so much of his muscles mass. HHH is the franchise player and has been the backbone of Raw. He battled through his groin tear. He suffered a crushed trachea and was back in no time. Say what you want, but he lives for this business and he proves that each and every week, whether he's healthy or not.

Simply put, HHH is WWE.
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 12:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

HHH shouldn't be in the main event not only because most people are sick of him, but because he ISN'T drawing money. PPV buy rates have been sucking... and who is in the main event for all of those?
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 01:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Layfield
HHH shouldn't be in the main event not only because most people are sick of him, but because he ISN'T drawing money. PPV buy rates have been sucking... and who is in the main event for all of those?
exactly

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 01:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

There's more reasons that PPV buyrates have been sucking.

Overall, the WWE product isn't that good. HHH's feuds have been pretty damn good. It's the other matches and angles that are sucking. Even if everyone wanted to order the PPVs to see HHH, they aren't gonna spend 35 bucks just to see him and a bunch of other crap.

Ratings for Raw and SD! have been down. It's the WWE as a whole.

House show ticket sales, Raw and SD! TV ticket sales, PPV ticket sales are all down.

Then look at the sheer number of TV channels there are. There are so many more shows than there were as little as 3-5 years ago. TV just keeps expanding and people are just finding other things to watch.

Then you look at all the drawing power with superstars that WWE has lost over the past few years. Rock, Austin, Foley, Taker (for several months), Hogan, Nash, Hall, etc. HHH is about the only big name that has been there consistently (since he came back from injury at least). There are A TON of new faces that people just haven't began to catch onto yet.

You can't pin sagging PPV buyrates on ONE man, when the company as a whole is struggling, not to mention all the other factors I have mentioned. Wrestling is just in a down cycle right now, and it will continue to stay that way. Let's get Marbles in here, because this is one of his favorite topics (down cycle that is).
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 02:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
A-Boooooooo~!

Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.Trevelbond is Paul R Nelson.
Send a message via MSN to Trevelbond

I know what a down cycle is... but when you base a show like Raw around one wrestler, with that wrestler involved in 90% of the main storylines its not as if that isn't a major factor. We'll never find out tho... cause WWE will be bankrupt before Triple H wants to retire...
Trevelbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2004, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Crunk is on a distinguished road

hopefully its soon im getting tired of triple H's cocky attitude oh wait we still need to deal with Orton third generation superstar who thinks has done it all

what a punkass
Old 17 Jul 2004, 05:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Dewsaw.com live NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Botchkick
You know what? I liked that. He held the belt for a long time, so he SHOULD be in the main event. If he didn't have the belt, he was in the main event trying to regain it.

I think out of all those matches, there was ONE where he wasn't defending the belt, or trying to regain it, and that was this year's Bad Blood vs HBK. That's the one match that shouldn't have been the main event.
But because of the poor booking of Benoit v Kane. Wonder why it was poorly booked... oh wait i can give you an answer. Because the WWe concentrated a good 45 minutes per RAW on furthering this fued. Granted YES it was a great fued. But spending 45 minutes on the one fued is KILLING everyone elses fueds.

Quote:
People complain about how long he's been in the main event, compare him to HBK. Someone pointed out that HBK was in 9 of those main events. Why? In that time period, he held the belt for ONE month. Why was he trying to regain the belt for so long when he kept LOSING? He didn't deserve to be there, whereas HHH has a legitimate reason.
Lets have a real good look at what HBK did... was actually the best thing to happen to the main event. AND IS EXACTLY WHAT HHH SHOULD BE DOING.

The Summerslam match was NON TITLE. the match was supposed to be HBK return match... It just so turned out that was the RAW main event.
Three months later... HBK found himself involved in the Elimination chamber which he came out the winner of... NOT REALLY TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM THE CHAMPION(HHH in this case) So he defended it at Armageddon(a point where HHH should have taken a month off to settle from injuries... and let RVD fight HBK for the title)
At Backlash he found himself involved in the three on three match... Why wouldnt he??? Steiner had already been buried by this point. HBK is Nash's friend... and a top contender. IT MADE SENSE. I wont say a thing about the HBK at ringside shit. What point is there???
Again three months before he got another title shot... again in a 6 man match... so what? Then it was four months before he got the title shot at the Rumble. Which he didnt deserve but Goldberg had already been pushed out of the picture for and Kane got buried...(no reason given.)
Finally he was involved in the triple threat at Mania which would have come off as more watchable if the title had been up for grabs because of the shitty finish at Rumble...
They had a rematch the next month in another triple threat... now if you watched RAW during this time... You know it made sense. And the following month was non title against HHH.

This was why HBK to this point has been the model for what main event talent should be...Yes his concentration is on the title. But for fucks sake he can be distracted.

Quote:
HHH made the belt credible again. If he wouldn't have held it so long, it might not have meant so much for Benoit to win it. I'm not saying it would have meant nothing, because that would be asenine, but only TWO people held the belt n that time period, and neither title reign meant ANYTHING.
hah???? Benoits reign has looked hopeless anyway. He has wrestled in a rematch of wrestlemania... and against Kane in a match that looked(didnt just feel) but looked like it was made just to be the undercard for the HHH v HBK match... Following that he has beaten HHH in the single shittest finish in WWe history... and will lose his belt at Summerslam to HHH. Personally i feel this title reign is actually as bad as Jericho's undisputed reign and Angles first reign. HHH owning talent for 24 months has not helped to elevate the pissy title. Its done one thing and one thing alone... ELEVATE HHH.

Quote:
You people can bitch all you want, but HHH is the top guy on Raw. He is one of the best in the ring, ans has improved a lot over the past couple months since he has dropped so much of his muscles mass. HHH is the franchise player and has been the backbone of Raw. He battled through his groin tear. He suffered a crushed trachea and was back in no time. Say what you want, but he lives for this business and he proves that each and every week, whether he's healthy or not.

Simply put, HHH is WWE.
The top guy on RAW. No shit... everyone else who could be remotely considered the top guy on RAW has been buried and HBK would be the top guy if we wer'nt dealing with a GODLIKE entity. I wont dispute that he is one of the best in the ring. But that has never qualified anyone for fighting for the world title near on every month for 24 months. He hasnt improved because of dropped muscle mass. Hes been built like a tonka truck since he first challenged Austin. Personally i dont feel his work is much different now to what it was last year. I just dont think Benoit has allowed the matches to drop below 3*s.
The groin tear and the crushed trachea were both at the cost of someone else going into a main event match. You do realise that HHH fighting through an injury to fight is not going to get him heel heat... All it would do is generate sympathy. So there was NO reason at all for him to fight... The groin injury was unavoidable... he was champion. But the crushed trachea should have kept him out for at least a month, so the fans could watch a match they really REALLY want to watch... RVD v HBK. Damn straight he lives for this business. Although it seems more and more like the business lives for HHH.
Heres some more shit for you to digest...
Some periods where HHH in the main event was wrong. HHH v HBK at Armageddon 2002... after the effort that RVD put up in the Elimination chamber. The match should have been RVD v HBK... while HHH was resting from his injury. Instead because that could possibly hurt his right to the main event. HHH got back double time and in the space of two weeks... After RVD only challenging for the title. RVD hosted that PPV from the World.
World title match at Mania... Booker T could have won the match, simply because of the returning Nash. Someone else as champion would have sold Nash v HHH more. Simply because it put more feeling into the fued... instead of the reason for them fighting being over the title... It should have been over pride. Over the fact that They were mates... NOT OVER THE WORLD TITLE.
Finally and my very favourite one. HHH four title shots in a row... going into Armageddon. He lost the title to Goldberg at unforgiven... Then gets his obligatory rematch at survivor series..loses that and still demands another go this time on a RAW....loses again... demands another fucking title shot on RAW and then when it looks like kane will get a go at goldberg he pushed his way into then Armageddon MAIN EVENT. Not only is that against everything i know about wrestling... Its against the very grain of EVERYTHING ABOUT WRESTLING.

Personally if you can defend that...your damned near the biggest HHH fan of all time.

Last edited by G O D; 17 Jul 2004 at 05:41 AM.
Old 17 Jul 2004, 08:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
WHO'S NEXT !

Dukey can only hope to improveDukey can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobVanDam25
hopefully its soon im getting tired of triple H's cocky attitude oh wait we still need to deal with Orton third generation superstar who thinks has done it all

what a punkass
ahahaha sooo agreed
they are like father and son :P
Old 18 Jul 2004, 02:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane
Finally and my very favourite one. HHH four title shots in a row... going into Armageddon. He lost the title to Goldberg at unforgiven... Then gets his obligatory rematch at survivor series..loses that and still demands another go this time on a RAW....loses again... demands another fucking title shot on RAW and then when it looks like kane will get a go at goldberg he pushed his way into then Armageddon MAIN EVENT. Not only is that against everything i know about wrestling... Its against the very grain of EVERYTHING ABOUT WRESTLING.
He's Right ya know, God Dammit Shane I just thought you're one angry son of a bitch but now I know you're an inraged, passionate, angry son of a bitch!