ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Eugene: A Joke!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ka$h Forums is on a distinguished road
Arrow Eugene: A Joke!

Eugene, who was brought into the WWE basically as a comic figure has done a great jop of attracting attention and crowd pops from the crowd. Not that that's a bad thing, but I seriously doubt he will be able to attract the crowd pops he regularly does.

Although Eugene is decent in ring, nothing special, but he is solid in his execution, and maneovers, however, Eugene will be NOTHING but a joke in the near future. I am pretty sure, the crowd will end up becoming bored of the same old thing with Eugene, and stop caring! I have never liked Eugene, and I never will, mainly because I do not find the storyline that he holds to be interesting in the least bit. If someone "special" like Eugene wants to achieve his dream or goal in life and make it into the WWE business as a storyline is entertaining, you have all lost you're marbles. Eugene's gimmick is quiet similar to that of Zack Gowen's, yet he failed, and the same will happen with Eugene!

Yeah, it's true, Eugene will be a joke in the WWE, I guarentee it in the near future.

Opinions are appreciated!

Click My BANNER!

Click To Join Ka$h Forums!!!!
KASH FORUMS- Join Up, we've got 10 NEW SKINS!!! Some awesome avatars and vBulletin 3.0.0!
Ka$h Forums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

While you compare Eugene to Zach Gowen, I do see similarities, but the most striking difference is that Zach REALLY had only one leg. Nick Dinsmore PLAYS a retarded character, so he can change. I'm not sure how WWE will have him become un-retarded, but it's the WWE so it doesn't really matter.

Once Eugene the Retard gets stale, WWE will probably change it and he'll be normal and actually wrestle to his FULL capabilities.

I myself am a fan of Eugene and I like the storyline a lot. I think it's funny as hell. I also love how HHH is manipulating him week in and week out, simply because he's Eugene's favorite superstar. The storyline can go so many ways and lead to so many feuds, just because of how they have handled it. HHH can get Eugene to feud with anyone he wants to basically.

Until it's over, I'm gonna be into the storyline and the Eugene character
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dre
It's 4:19 Got a Minute?

Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...Dre , I can't believe you got THIS far...

I agree, that in time Eugene will be nothing more then a joke. I said that his gimmick could only go but so far. There is no way that Eugene can possiably be taken as a serious competitor in the ring down the line. I made a thread a while back about how Nick D's wrestling was better then his gimmick, and therefore in the long run he would be short changed.

One thing is that he is solid inside of the ring and better then a lot of the mid upper carders they have in the spotlight now. Its a shame that this gimmick most likly will overshadow his career as a whole.

Pretty soon the luster of Eugene will run its course and when it does, I will bump my old thread and laugh like I always do.....

Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

As long as they keep Eugene away from the top of the card, or away from any titles [with exception of tag team, its a joke now anyway] I'm perfectly fine with it. Actually, I enjoy the character.

When the retard gimmick gets stale they'll just play off the story that Bischoff fired him. Then a couple weeks later, with a new look, Dinsmore will be back.
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 03:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dev
KOBASHI KOBASHI KOBASHI!!

Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!Dev , Lightspeed to Endor!

Now if the wwe plays their cards right they could par-le the Eugene gimmick to George "the Animal" Steele status. He plays the gimmick to a "T", he can wrestle, plus Eugene can be spun and brought back from so many "turns" it makes my mind spin.

Take a good look at "the Animal" and the success he achieved, I can see the Eugene character doing the same.

Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 04:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kaptin Karmo

'tin Man is on a distinguished road

he phycology of a eugene match is like that of any other "underdog character's" matches.

he heel sees the underdog as a joke, and doesnt take him seriousely, and then gets repeatedly outwrestled and out maneuvered.

the troublee is tha t eventually a heel will take the face as a serious challenger and kill him, like lesnar did to gowen.

i see the best thing to do is have eugene eventually go from "retard" to "psycho" like how manking was in his 1st mankind character.

i am the rock lobster!!

THE ULTIMATE POSTER
'tin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 05:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Proud TNA Supporter

Direct has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura aboutDirect has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Direct

I like the storyline thus far but after its over, I'm not going to think much of Eugene, I just recently got into the storyline for the HHH manipulating him, but a good idea to turn him un-retarded would be, maybe just someone doing a sick chairshot and WWE could claim that knocked the dumb out of him and hes normal now, thats what I would do, after this storyline is over.

NOVEMBER 16, 2006 - 9:00PM ON SPIKETV
Direct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 06:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Botchkick
Nick Dinsmore PLAYS a retarded character, so he can change. I'm not sure how WWE will have him become un-retarded, but it's the WWE so it doesn't really matter.
Just put a mask on him and change the name. With how stupid most of the fans are, the mask might not evben be necessary.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 09:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E
Now if the wwe plays their cards right they could par-le the Eugene gimmick to George "the Animal" Steele status. He plays the gimmick to a "T", he can wrestle, plus Eugene can be spun and brought back from so many "turns" it makes my mind spin.

Take a good look at "the Animal" and the success he achieved, I can see the Eugene character doing the same.
This is exactly what I've been saying in several forums. Eugene is literaly the encarnation of George "The Animal" Steele. If WWE doesn't screw up the gimmick Dismore could reach a high status like Steele did. Most people here should remember Steele. He played the role of a retard and he was incredibly successfull, he even made it a hall of famer so if things go right we can see a repetition right here. I just hope they don't screw up.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 10:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oldschool Dream is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Am I the only one who realizes this...

This wasn't Eugene's first gimmick in the WWE...he used to be Doink the Clown...I really thought someone else would've pointed that out by now. Also if they put over Eugene as the next George Steele I think it'd be a longshot because George Steele actually looked like a gentle beast while Eugene just looks like a chubby guy who I wouldn't think twice about if I saw him in a toll booth.
Oldschool Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

true about the fan thing . i was argueing with someone who thought eugene was a real spacko
Old 30 Jun 2004, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Botchkick
While you compare Eugene to Zach Gowen, I do see similarities, but the most striking difference is that Zach REALLY had only one leg. Nick Dinsmore PLAYS a retarded character, so he can change. I'm not sure how WWE will have him become un-retarded, but it's the WWE so it doesn't really matter.

Once Eugene the Retard gets stale, WWE will probably change it and he'll be normal and actually wrestle to his FULL capabilities.

I myself am a fan of Eugene and I like the storyline a lot. I think it's funny as hell. I also love how HHH is manipulating him week in and week out, simply because he's Eugene's favorite superstar. The storyline can go so many ways and lead to so many feuds, just because of how they have handled it. HHH can get Eugene to feud with anyone he wants to basically.

Until it's over, I'm gonna be into the storyline and the Eugene character
I couldn't have said it better myself,I completely agree with everything that Stick said.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 05:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
World's Greatest Owner

Dan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock'sDan Snyder is the dog's bollock's
Send a message via AIM to Dan Snyder Send a message via MSN to Dan Snyder Send a message via Yahoo to Dan Snyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'tin Man
i see the best thing to do is have eugene eventually go from "retard" to "psycho" like how manking was in his 1st mankind character.
I think thats what we are about to see, he'll just have HHH in his ear.

Quote:
Although Eugene is decent in ring, nothing special, but he is solid in his execution, and maneovers, however, Eugene will be NOTHING but a joke in the near future. I am pretty sure, the crowd will end up becoming bored of the same old thing with Eugene, and stop caring! I have never liked Eugene, and I never will, mainly because I do not find the storyline that he holds to be interesting in the least bit. If someone "special" like Eugene wants to achieve his dream or goal in life and make it into the WWE business as a storyline is entertaining, you have all lost you're marbles. Eugene's gimmick is quiet similar to that of Zack Gowen's, yet he failed, and the same will happen with Eugene!
Eugene and Zach's gimmcks are similar, but their apporach is diffrent. Zach was a sob story and WWE pushed it that way with talks about his trips to the hospital and such. Eugene is like Timmy and Jimmy from South Park, their handicap becomes part of the comedy and they are laughed with more than laughed at.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

I like Eugene. Give the man credit he plays a retard excellently. He also obviously has some severe mat skills which are only hampered by his character. I just wish they would do something more funny with him like they did in the beginning. I also wouldnt be upset to see him win the title. In this way though. HHH manipulates him into helping him win the title in a three way match and Eugene seeing as how he is trying to be like HHH hits him with a sledgehammer from behind to get the pin.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Alli the Guru

Also I hated Zach. Even though he is from Michigan he always seemed snobby and acted like he deserved special treatment due to having one leg. Also I thought his wrestling was horrible.