ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Ric Flair: Overated!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2004, 09:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ka$h Forums is on a distinguished road
Default Ric Flair: Overated!?

Ric Flair, arguably one of the most famous, and best wrestlers in the World Wrestling Entertainment business of all time. Ric Flair, aged in the mid 50's, and a member at Evolution, yet he is still performing and entertaining us, which is remarkable at his age.

This opening paragraph leads me to my next point I would like to cover. There is no doubt Ric Flair is one of the all time greats in the business, however; do you people think he is overated at this point in time. I don't think anyone can argue against that fact that Ric Flair is one of the greatest of all time, but I feel he is possibly overated at present.

Click My BANNER!

Click To Join Ka$h Forums!!!!
KASH FORUMS- Join Up, we've got 10 NEW SKINS!!! Some awesome avatars and vBulletin 3.0.0!

Last edited by Oeo; 30 Jun 2004 at 12:40 PM. Reason: advertise your site in your sig only.....not in the thread.....forum rules.....Oeo.....
Ka$h Forums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psycho in my own mind...

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
STICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DCSTICK You want to be like DC

Hmm I don't think he's over-rated in the slightest. I usually hate all the old timers and has beens who take up TV time (like Hogan, Piper's short stint, Taker and so many others), but Flair is different. He isn't a singles wrestler going after the title. He still wrestles a damn fine match and his ring antics are classic. I love it when he spazzes out.

Another reason I still like him, he knows his role. He doesn't take up TV time by himself. He does it with a powerful stable. He's also a mentor to the other 3 members teaching them stuff he knows. It makes for potentially good storylines down the road and where these guys learned something from.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as Flair isn't wrestling singles matches on a regular basis and does what he is currently doing, he can stay for another few years. Flair rules
STICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2004, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Botchkick
Hmm I don't think he's over-rated in the slightest. I usually hate all the old timers and has beens who take up TV time (like Hogan, Piper's short stint, Taker and so many others), but Flair is different. He isn't a singles wrestler going after the title. He still wrestles a damn fine match and his ring antics are classic. I love it when he spazzes out.

Another reason I still like him, he knows his role. He doesn't take up TV time by himself. He does it with a powerful stable. He's also a mentor to the other 3 members teaching them stuff he knows. It makes for potentially good storylines down the road and where these guys learned something from.

As far as I'm concerned, as long as Flair isn't wrestling singles matches on a regular basis and does what he is currently doing, he can stay for another few years. Flair rules
I couldn't have said it better myself, although I will add something... he's hella nice at his autograph signings. He was signing something in front of him so his head was down when it was my turn to get my photo signed so I had to say something to get his attention which was hard as hell because I'm shy as it is, meeting a celebrity makes it even harder and what I said was stupid to.. "Hey Flair" ya, it came out sounding dumb to but he was really nice. He shaked my hand to even though the security guards said he wouldn't.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 05:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

Well, prehaps a little. We here at PWF have already declared him the GWOAT (Greatest Wrestler Of All Time) despite having no real authority on this. (Even though as fans I believe we have the ultimate authority) During the polls to get him declared the GWOAT, I often made reference to Ric Flair Syndrome, a disease I discovered that keeps wrestlers in the ring after they shouldn't be due to age or injury. I believe most of the people who voted in that poll often can explain it as well as or bettter than I can (especially Dogcatcher)
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oeo
Oh, you didn't know?

Oeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of FamerOeo is a PWF Hall of Famer

Ric Flair, the most respected man in the business......he is what wrestling should be, he is what wrestling is meant to be, and he is synonymous with Pro Wrestling.....

he is entertaining without having to wrestle, but even at this stage of his career he is better than 75% of those in the wrestling business.....

Overrated?.....I should say not.....

Maybe someone swapped your keyboard with Toof's. His always seemed broken too.
Oeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Give it To Me..

The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.The_One should go home and get his fuckin' shinebox.
Send a message via AIM to The_One Send a message via MSN to The_One

How can you call him overated?..He doesn't do enough to be called overated..he wrestles with evolution about every 2 weeks..and does promo's with them...How cna you call him overated?..And...it's already been said...he's still a solid performer...even if he goes overboard with the chops...
Old 30 Jun 2004, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, he was great once and whatever...you can see that just from watching his DVD set. But after the final Nitro, I never wanted to see him in the ring again. Sadly, I didn't get what I wanted. He hasn't had a single decent in-ring showing in WWE since he came back in late 2001. Sure, have him around. He's a legend and everything. Let him manage, promo, tapdance, whatever...but please don't have him wrestle anymore. I like Flair. I've always thought he's cool. But I don't enjoy seeing him in the ring any longer.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

eric1229 can only hope to improveeric1229 can only hope to improve

no way is he overrated. and to be honest, even though i don't like it, flair mostly jobs in his singles matches now. he's being used in singles matches as a stepping stone for certain younger guys like shelton benjamin. it's perfect because it lets the fans know that the kid is for real because he beat a respected legend. as long as WWE keeps him winning every now and again so he doesn't become a bum, it's the perfect role.
eric1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 03:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.Jason is fat like a planet.
Send a message via MSN to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason

Without a doubt Flair is one of the all time greats in and out of the ring but it's not really fun to watch him wrestle these days,it sure is fun to watch him talk on the mic because he's so goddamn funny.IMO the last good match he had was with Triple H for the World Title,where after the match all the superstars came down to show their appreciation for him.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 03:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
DISCO MACHINE~!

Aaron has a spectacular aura aboutAaron has a spectacular aura about

Rico beat Flair. I don't see a victory over Flair to be a big deal any longer.
Old 01 Jul 2004, 04:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'd say they're verging on Under rated with Flair,HE LOST TO RICO! A Master of the Ring, A Expert and Experiencedd Legend Lost to RCIO! Seriously, Flair I'd say is way under rated, mainly because Everytime he slaps on the Figure Four, they always get to the ropes. Once in 4 months has someone tapped from the Flair Figure Four and I think that is ridiculous, What's the point of having him around if everyone is gonna squworm out of the damn move? All Flair really is now is a Stepping stone for all the Mid Card Jobbers, Like Edge & Shelton.....
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2004, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

darkpimp is on a distinguished road

hey i respect everything that hes done but plz get him out of the ring now. i agree that hes great with promos and all. but have you noticed how slow he is in the ring it lokks like the person hes wrestling is in normal speed and hes in slowmo. i mean it takes 5min just to get accross the ring
Old 01 Jul 2004, 07:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Frills

Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Nick Saban , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.

^ And that's without the strut.
Nick Saban is offline   Reply With Quote