ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Come here to discuss anything about World Wrestling Entertainment.

Whoaaaaaaaa... We're Halfway There

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Jun 2004, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Secret Agent

Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.Mr. Submission is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Whoaaaaaaaa... We're Halfway There

Well, we're almost at the halfway mark of 2004. Take a look back at the WWE's performance in the past 6 months, all the new characters, fueds, etc... and give it a rating out of 10
Old 29 Jun 2004, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

chadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posterschadeley is a GODLY GOD among the lowbrow posters

7.5. Its had its moments, but its slipped as well. Couple good storylines, couple bad ones, next 6 months should be good

"I've been in Hell in a Cell matches, I've been in hardcore matches, I've been in barbed wire matches, but this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.....color commentary with Mike Adamle!"
Mick Foley, WWE Draft

"Its obvious you are distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. I too, have been distracted by what happened last week on Monday Night RAW. All week I have stared at the ceiling with Kleenex and lotion by my bed."
Santino Marella to Beth Phoenix, RAW House Show, Youngstown, OH 7/25/08
chadeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
bremen>muenchen

Igloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICKIgloo is a STICK
Send a message via MSN to Igloo

Raw kicked off the year great, but the booking is lacking as of late. 8/10

SmackDown went down the shitter after the draft to the point where I stopped watching it. However, from what I've read there's been some good matches. 3/10
Igloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2004, 01:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Edgegore is on a distinguished road
ugh

I'd give the WWE as a whole a 5.5.

This year has been full of :

Lackluster storylines: (some of which we are still in the middle of.) Pregnancy?
Strange Pushes: (Gail Kim, Bradwshaw for example)
Stupid Gimmicks: (Fifi, Eugene, Molly's wigs, Coach the wrestler and so on)
Stupid Contests: $250,000 Diva Search (Like we don't have enough on the roster)
Brand Extension: This is still hurting the fans and the company.
Cheap Thrills: like the vaginal exam Torrie gave Miss Jackie at Wrestlemania XX
Women's Division: Still not expaded past Gail, Molly, Jazz, Lita, Trish and Victoria
HHH Factor: This guy still has 30 minute speeches even though he had no belt
Green Stars: Batista, Tyson Tomko and the rest of thier class

I could go on and on. But the real thing that bugs me is that the WWE has relly made wrestling a bit on the boring side. I don't know maybe competition is a good thing. It kina keeps the business fresh and new.
Oh well, it's just seems I can't sit through a full RAW or Smackdown anymore.
Edgegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2004, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
PWF's very own psychopath

Corey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICKCorey is a STICK
Send a message via AIM to Corey Send a message via MSN to Corey Send a message via Yahoo to Corey

give it a 7.......theres been some good matches and some really bad ones......all the stupid gimmick storylines are making it boring but some of the young talent has really impressed me. Smackdown was really suckin a fat one for awhile but their booking has gotten better so im starting to like it again a little bit.....they are a long way from being great again tho. Raw was off the hook for awhile but lately they are boring me. If wwe plays their cards right the next 6 months could be very entertaining

Thanks to David for the Orton banner...

Join the EFED you fucks!
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2004, 08:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
....Bang

Dante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of FamerDante is a PWF Hall of Famer

I'd give it a 10, If I'm still watching after all the shit EdgeGore stated then all the smaller things tie me back up to my coach and sit through 4 hours of wrestling a week.....

I'm a WWE fan through and Through!
Old 02 Jul 2004, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
IC Champion

Carlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to beholdCarlito Cool is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Carlito Cool Send a message via Yahoo to Carlito Cool

A 6 overall, Raw gets a 7.5, SD! gets a 5.I dunno.I thought it was going to get exciting after WMXX but then again it just gets back to that same ol' boring shit. *yawn* Last week I left before the main event on RAW, today I forgot about an hour of SD! It's just the WWE has really gone to shit.I miss the Attitude Era.Boy, do I miss the Attitude Era.
Carlito Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2004, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
I hate people

Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.Toof , if you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife.
Send a message via AIM to Toof Send a message via MSN to Toof Send a message via Yahoo to Toof

Honestly I'll give it a 4.5/10 overall. The product has deteriorated so much if we compare it with last year. This raiting might sound harsh but it's true and it sucks.
Toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jul 2004, 03:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Edgegore is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osama Bin Daddy
Honestly I'll give it a 4.5/10 overall. The product has deteriorated so much if we compare it with last year. This raiting might sound harsh but it's true and it sucks.

True That. True That!
Edgegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jul 2004, 04:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
X-Division Champion

Andy182 is on a distinguished road

i give it a 7 heres ways to make it 10 ;

*give paul london and billy kidman tag team titles

*get lesnar back

*fire christian

*push mark jindrak in U.S. title division

*push cena up to world title division

*give kane the world heavyweight title so he can lose it when he fights matt

*make mattitude as big as hulkamania

*get some good cruiserweights on smackdown / hire more CWs (aj styles , chris sabin / christopher daniels)

*bring back hardcore division on raw in a tourney where mike awesome can return

*put shane mcmahon as gm of smackdown and then have a match to end the brand split between eric and shane coz it would be unfair for kurt to fight eric since kurts a good wrestler
Old 04 Jul 2004, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
You WILL Be Regulated....

Mr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-ableMr. Marbles is totally BABLAM-able

5. Now usually, I'm a VERY proud WWE supporter through and through, but this past half-year has left me so unenthusiastic its hard even pretending much excitement happened. Let me examine the previous six months one at a time to analyze the sources of my disappointment.

--January. Usually an exciting month in wrestling. However, this year it was plagued with too much Stone Cold on Raw (an inactive one, mind you), a rushed month-long Guerrero feud which culminated at the PPV over on Smackdown, HARDCORE HOLLY the fucking number one challenger to Brock Lesnar's title, and overexposure of John Cena. The Royal Rumble, match by match, was a disappointing PPV, especially when compared to previous years, when its usually stellar.

February--Predictable Goldberg/Lesnar feud that not too many people cared abput. Tag team title non-action on Smackdown as the Bashams feud with Scotty and Rikishi. Again, too much John fucking Cena. On Raw, too much soap opera bullshit with the Jericho/Christian/Trish angle, which just went on and on. Still too much Stone Cold on TV. "No Way Out" was quite possibly the most mind-numbingly boring PPV ever in WWE history at the time, at least until GAB took that title just four months later. Only shining point in this month was Eddie's title win, which admittedly, I thought would never happen.

March--THE BIGGEST EVENT IN THE HISTORY OF PRO WRESTLING, WRESTLEMANIA XX........sucked. Well, maybe it didn't "suck". But it certainly did not live up to the tremendous amount of hype that preceded it. On a card of 12 matches, only about three of them were good....that certainly is a blemish on Wrestlemania's otherwise great legacy. In addition, The "Deadman" Undertakers' return was a flop, Goldberg and Brock Lesnar, two of the company's biggest stars, were greeted good-bye in a not-so-courteous manner from the WWE fans, The Rock returned to much fanfare......for about a week or so. Only shining point in this month was Benoit's title win, which again, I admit I thought it would never happen.

April--Austin's gone......now Raw's showcasing actual wrestlers and wwrestling matches, with its new champion Chris Benoit. Or is it? HHH and Shelton Benjamin dominate the main event week after week. The "new" brand extention, which was held in order to give Smackdown more starpower, didn't really seem to work well at all. In fact, somehow it succeeded in making Smackdown more dull and boring than ever. WWE begun the very bizarre, unexplainable Bradshaw push, which later culminates in a run with the title. Many big stars on Smackdown take time off to heal from injuries, like Kurt Angle and Big Show, while unfortunately John Cena is still healthy and on TV each and every week. Not much to complain about on the Raw side of things, as the Raw PPV "Backlash" was actually a pleasent surprise and was loaded with good matches. This made April the best month of the half-year, but unfortunately its not much to brag about.

May--Bradshaw push continues. The Cruiserweight division is terribly tarnished by a female wrestler, and worse yet, one the fans really didn't care about in the first place.....she was released a month later and this title reign was pointless. Upon getting the belt off of her, it then went around the waist of Chavo Guerrero Sr. to make matters worse for the cruiser division. On Raw, a retarded wrestler "Eugene" is introduced, and while he catches on with fans and gains popularity, his success ushers in the return to Raw of dumb angles and long idiotic storylines, ones that are sure to follow in the months to come. HHH dominates the Raw main events and storylines, despite the fact Chris Benoit is the champion. World title seems like an afterthought. The May PPV "Judgment Day" is unanimously terrible, based on both fan feedback and in terms of PPV buyrates.

June--Eddie Guererro's title reign is ended at the hands of Justin Hawk Bradshaw. Paul Bearer gets buried in cement during the Great American Bash PPV. By the way, the main event for the Great American Bash is Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boyz in a handicap match. That's right, it's the MAIN EVENT. Try and digest that one for a little. Also consider the PPV "Bad Blood" was main evented by a boring, sluggish Hell in a Cell match between HHH and Shawn Michaels that was nothing like it was hyped to be, plus less. Kane gets Lita pregnant in a Raw storyline. The Eugene character continues to dominate Raw, for God knows what reason. Benoit continues to be a mid-card player, despite the world championship he wears around his waist.

So many disappointments......so many reasons to hate WWE 2004 so far. While it CAN improve in the next six months, unfortunately I'm left wiith little reasons to remain optimistic. Very bad half-year with a ton of hype and most the year failing to live up to it. Vince will get his shit together eventually, I'm sure he will. Because as of right now......even I'm discouraged.
Marbles is what all you wannabees want to be. he is who you think about when you touch yoursleves at night. He is the person you think about everyone someone says, "what do you want to be when you grow up?" Hes the person your girlfriend thinks about when youre inside her, and hes the one your parents really wanted. His dick is the one your dick looks up to. He is the marbleous one. The one that YOU ALL WANT TO BE
Mr. Marbles is offline   Reply With Quote